Author Topic: One pool with almost 100% hashpower  (Read 7768 times)

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Currently there is one pool with almost 100% hashpower. It makes MemoryCoin very unsecure at the moment.

We definitely should do something with it.
The creator has sold the source code to "a few" people.

Personally I feel it should be opensourced.

Still got a few days until they create pools :S has the damage already been done?
I am asking how much it will cost to buy, but I imagine it is a ridiculous sum. I would have a pool up by this evening however.

Opesourced to community of greedy, selfish miners who don't mind to mine with every bit of cpu power they can get for free or steal? Hmm, what could possibly be wrong with this?
The fact that they are already doing this, but on a pool that can damage the network
Not this early. You do not want to 51% the coin you have income in, that would kill it right away.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Currently there is one pool with almost 100% hashpower. It makes MemoryCoin very unsecure at the moment.

Still got a few days until they create pools :S has the damage already been done?
I am asking how much it will cost to buy, but I imagine it is a ridiculous sum. I would have a pool up by this evening however.

Opesourced to community of greedy, selfish miners who don't mind to mine with every bit of cpu power they can get for free or steal? Hmm, what could possibly be wrong with this?
The fact that they are already doing this, but on a pool that can damage the network
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline reorder

• View Profile

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
A ridiculous sum to buy the sources could lead to ridiculous fees on these new pools.
Doubt it, he is charging 3.5% which is ridiculous but because he has high hash power people will go for consistent payouts. They will probably charge less.

We need at least 6 pools, in my opinion.
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline lest

• View Profile
A ridiculous sum to buy the sources could lead to ridiculous fees on these new pools.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

Offline lest

• View Profile