Author Topic: Windows client almost unusable  (Read 4683 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I provide a snapshot of the current chain, maybe it'll help you sync

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16510.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Welcome to the BitShares community, Frank,

All this software makes an extremely immature impression. It is extremely slow and resource hungry.
It totally is and there are very good reasons for it .. However, there is a web wallet in development and you should take a look at it at http://wallet.bitshares.org
Also note that BitShares is in version 0.9 and thus not to be considered 'stable' .. However, at the protocol level it is almost stable already

For me it is a sign, that bitshares is still far away from reaching a non-crypto, non-techno audience despite the heavy speculation with Bitshares currently happening on Chinese exchanges.
I totally agree .. but considerable work has been done in the last few weeks (behind the scenes) to bring more easy-of-use and a user friendly interface ..
Things are evolving rapidly in BitShares ... keep you patience .. you won't regret it

Offline Frank

• View Profile
I'm new to bitshares. I have started by installing the windows client and registered a name in the block chain. It took a very long time (despite a broadband connection) to synchronize the blockchain. The client seemed to hang multiple times. I had to kill it. Then it took ages for a restart. No progress bar or something shown. Then it continued with the blockchain and hung up again. But I could terminate it by closing the window. Nevertheless in the background a process remained active which occupied multiple gigabytes of main memory and slowed my really fast PC down a lot. I had to kill the process to get rid of it. That has to be done after each new use of the client software!!!

All this software makes an extremely immature impression. It is extremely slow and resource hungry. For me it is a sign, that bitshares is still far away from reaching a non-crypto, non-techno audience despite the heavy speculation with Bitshares currently happening on Chinese exchanges.