Author Topic: USD, EUR, and CNY Gateway Agreement Reached  (Read 46203 times)

Offline Riverhead

Its a correction of the fact that all these coins went up 100% in two weeks. 

It feels like some of you guys have never seen crypto markets before.  Things move quickly both up and down. 
As soon as something thats going up fast runs out of momentum it goes down at least part of the way.  I thought BTS would get to .06 CNY before it happened, not .052.  At least I managed to sell some at .046 and buy back 10% lower.

The great thing about Bitshares is that you can effectively short BTS by going long a bitasset. If you ever think a 100% couple week jump is kind of crazy, start using the windfall gains to buy assets...you'll support the community and protect yourself against subsequent drops.

Yes!! This.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

It feels like some of you guys have never seen crypto markets before.  Things move quickly both up and down. 
As soon as something thats going up fast runs out of momentum it goes down at least part of the way.  I thought BTS would get to .06 CNY before it happened, not .052.  At least I managed to sell some at .046 and buy back 10% lower.

The great thing about Bitshares is that you can effectively short BTS by going long a bitasset. If you ever think a 100% couple week jump is kind of crazy, start using the windfall gains to buy assets...you'll support the community and protect yourself against subsequent drops.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Obviously I'm not going to win this battle as anyone who may have bought bts with knowledge that an exchange would be integrating BTS isn't going to admit it here.  And i'm realizing internet battles might be the least productive thing in the world.  I'm also not a BTS bear, I got lucky and bought a bunch when it was trading around 9mil.  But if a BTS bull like me is bringing this up, what do you think people in other communities or anti bts people might say?  Insider trading happens everyday on wall street and many never get caught.  Its the repeat offenders that do.  If it wasn't the core dev team making the announcement I don't think it would be that big of a deal, but they have direct control over BTS until 1.0 is released.  We just saw Ross Ulbricht get life in prison for a grey list a crimes and creating a website.  Don't give someone a reason to investigate the dev's.

Ordering people to be killed isn't grey.. it's black and white: http://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-transcript-silk-roads-boss-ordering-5-assassinations/

I was all for supporting Ross until I learned about the assassination orders.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
From the point you want to make someone an example with a harder sentence, it's not justice any more. Everyone's (should be) equal.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
Obviously I'm not going to win this battle as anyone who may have bought bts with knowledge that an exchange would be integrating BTS isn't going to admit it here.  And i'm realizing internet battles might be the least productive thing in the world.  I'm also not a BTS bear, I got lucky and bought a bunch when it was trading around 9mil.  But if a BTS bull like me is bringing this up, what do you think people in other communities or anti bts people might say?  Insider trading happens everyday on wall street and many never get caught.  Its the repeat offenders that do.  If it wasn't the core dev team making the announcement I don't think it would be that big of a deal, but they have direct control over BTS until 1.0 is released.  We just saw Ross Ulbricht get life in prison for a grey list a crimes and creating a website.  Don't give someone a reason to investigate the dev's.

Ordering people to be killed isn't grey.. it's black and white: http://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-transcript-silk-roads-boss-ordering-5-assassinations/

There must have been some gray area because they did not file those charges against him, it was used more as propaganda against him.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Tuck Fheman

Now it seems you are crying wolf because you did not believe both BM and the village idiot ?

You can't just give away my title so flippantly.  :-\

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I do not understand you lil_jay890. The rumour was made public in these series of  posts on 5/07

I would like to ask: What is the big problem with the current system which requires this change?
Why does this change need to be prioritized now, when we are desperate for things like a stable client?

I think we should avoid creating a huge overhand of vesting BTS which people know will be unlocked at some point in the future.  This could make people think "Well, if I invest in BTS now, I'm going to get dumped on in the future as soon as those shares become unlocked".

The paid worker proposal seems to be specifically tied to the 'project' BM is proposing. So it is most likely a workaround for VC funding.

Personally I don't think I'll be a fan unless the VC is also a gateway or that's in the mix too.

;)

The  rumour is it is actually itBit !!! https://www.itbit.com/

Nice try. :P 

But, itbit is pretty bullish for Bitcoin and the whole sector imo.

I do not know...judge for yourself.

Ever since the time when we all thought the on/off ramps are in the pipeline last year, BM is saying that "the problem with all partners is they are startup(s) too, so they have to go through regulation step and licensing. The current once do not want extra trouble...and I do not blame them." 
UIA allowing regulatory compliance of future partners is arguable the most heavily developed feature for the last what?... any way a lot of months...
Stan start talking about an exiting times this summer, but he cannot actually talk about them. BM is exited about affiliate program + privatized bitAssets (and I guess the said UIAs).
BM talked about a week or so ago with somebody integrating BTS on their (exchange/gateway do not remember exactly).
BM gives the firs clue (in a   ;) form) it is a gateway (at least partly).
bitBIT gets its license.
I become aware of this this rumour - itBit is the partner BM is hinting about and Stan can't talk about....

Now it seems you are crying wolf because you did not believe both BM and the village idiot ? I dnk, public forum is as public as it gets in rumours...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

This. Every other rationale is nonsense. Markets pump, markets correct. How it works.

merockstar

Now that I think about it, that's actually pretty cool. It means we're being exposed to people outside of the Bitcoin realm.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

By the way, I will bring a couple of millionaires within the next month in the Bitshares so I am announcing this now so you don't accuse me for inside trading next month..

Please bring them before I get margin called again :P

PS. Beside my joke, I take mf-tzos words very seriously, I know he is capable to do what he is saying ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline karnal

• View Profile
By the way, I will bring a couple of millionaires within the next month in the Bitshares so I am announcing this now so you don't accuse me for inside trading next month..

Is that a gang of bulls I see in the distance? My eyesight is not what it used to be  :o

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
If I know that within the next month I will bring a couple of millionaires and make them buy BTS, obviously I will buy lots of cheap BTS now. Is that inside trading? Do I even need to announce this publicly? I don't think so.. You do realize that Bitshares is not an owned company by someone right? Anyone could make a deal with an external exchange and do what BM did with them. The fact that BM achieved that is because he do cares more about this project than the rest of us..He is not even obliged to announce that, yet he did announce it within 1 hour and you still believe this is inside trading? lololololol....

Do you seriously also think that this is a dump after a pump and not just a beartrap?? Do you seriously think that someone like BM or anyone else being here more than a year would sell 1 BTS at these levels? Most people in here are for the loong ride and these levels are just good buying opportunities that we never thought would come again..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile