Author Topic: USD, EUR, and CNY Gateway Agreement Reached  (Read 46541 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Just trading BitUsd?
I do not think this is a big thing, unless the exchange adopt it as a deposit way.

We can trade BitUSD in shapeshift、metaexchange now.

it's all about FIAT. you can't send USD to Metaexchange, can you? :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Just trading BitUsd?
I do not think this is a big thing, unless the exchange adopt it as a deposit way.

Soon you will have an exchange that you can wire transfer USD to from anywhere in the world and then trade for BitUSD.    Also supported BitCNY and BitEUR.   
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Just trading BitUsd?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I want desperately tonyk's market analysis now :)

Step in... please!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I am certain it is a great time to either buy or sell BTS.

I am too big of  a fan boy to trust my judgment and/or consider it objective...

So act accordingly.

[I can provide better clues if I knew if this exchange is something meaningful (as in big enough for the people working for it to know its name), or just a start up with big dreams and hopes].
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline betax

• View Profile
If you are into crypto.. this is not big news.. but for everyone that is afraid of crypto due to the volatility, the simplicity to able buy bitUSD , bitEUR, bitCNY and use them for trading is huge. Combine that with the shopping carts developed, the 10 seconds confirmation, etc. We need bitGBP !

Insider trading makes no sense, BM has a lot of BTS, he just wants to see its the value grow for its merits not for pumps.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Illegal insider trading refers generally to buying or selling a security, in breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about the security.

Besides, I shared this news with the forum within 1 hour after having things worked out.   
I can confirm that BM has not posted anything about this in any of the channels I am aware of (including, IRC, slack channels, skype channels) prior to the announcement in the OP

Offline bytemaster

To those shouting "insider trading" I can safely state that I have not bought any BTS in a long time.   

Also, "insider trading" is a bogus crime right up there with "money laundering".    In effect, the insider trading laws simply "re-allocate" wealth from one group of people (who arguably deserve it because they traded based upon information) to another group of people (those with dumb luck to be long, because they traded without information).   

In other words insider trading is a "emotionally charged" accusation designed to appeal to the "little guy" in order to justify government intrusion and arbitrary power to selectively enforce a bogus law.

In theory someone selling a house they have lived in for 20 years is engaging in "insider trading" because they know more than the buyer.   This is just how markets work and insider trading helps the markets function better.

So would you deny or agree that it would be insider trading if the exchange bought BTS in anticipation of this announcement?  If you told anyone about this in private and they made a trade, that is insider trading.

Just because you don't believe in insider trading doesn't mean that you don't have to abide by the law.  The SEC has been opening insider trading cases in regards to privately held companies for the last several years.

Maybe the recent price action was just a coincidence because other coins have been rising...

"Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys."
Emma Bull

Considering BTS is not a security nor a privately or publicly held company

Illegal insider trading refers generally to buying or selling a security, in breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about the security.

Besides, I shared this news with the forum within 1 hour after having things worked out.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
To those shouting "insider trading" I can safely state that I have not bought any BTS in a long time.   

Also, "insider trading" is a bogus crime right up there with "money laundering".    In effect, the insider trading laws simply "re-allocate" wealth from one group of people (who arguably deserve it because they traded based upon information) to another group of people (those with dumb luck to be long, because they traded without information).   

In other words insider trading is a "emotionally charged" accusation designed to appeal to the "little guy" in order to justify government intrusion and arbitrary power to selectively enforce a bogus law.

In theory someone selling a house they have lived in for 20 years is engaging in "insider trading" because they know more than the buyer.   This is just how markets work and insider trading helps the markets function better.

So would you deny or agree that it would be insider trading if the exchange bought BTS in anticipation of this announcement?  If you told anyone about this in private and they made a trade, that is insider trading.

Just because you don't believe in insider trading doesn't mean that you don't have to abide by the law.  The SEC has been opening insider trading cases in regards to privately held companies for the last several years.

Maybe the recent price action was just a coincidence because other coins have been rising...

Emma Bull

Why would anyone think this is some huge good news anyway ?

Why would anyone assumes the barrier to entry is the major reason that people don't want to buy BTS in the first place ? And they would suddenly buy more once they can buy it easily ?

There are tons of USD exchange for many coins already , including PPC . I don't see them going up .

The more you stress this "good news" , the more i want to laugh . Sorry .  :o
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline betax

• View Profile
 +5% +5% This is great news.. we had many hints of good news coming in June. I am glad I bought some last month, sadly not enough ;). From now on... all the way is up.

Everyone would have notice a couple of bumps for all the coins @ btc38, but we all know that BitShares is not just a random coin.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:42:31 pm by betax »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Lets just be happy the price has increased to some degree and rejoice that we will soon have this exchange, its great news. The team has been working hard and this is a little victory.

IMO, down with the 'insider trading' nonsense and let yourself be happy for a moment. We'll have more celebrations in June and i bet a whole bunch more 'insider trading' will occur. Come to think of it, ... i might by some more bts later today based on some leaked information that the devs have been hard at work - sshhh.. don't tell anyone. : ::)

Offline monsterer

Crypto markets are unregulated anyway, so not sure what bearing that has.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Emma Bull

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

If the bump comes before the news, it adds veracity to the news.

You are right but it would be true if only bitshares was bumped before the news... in this case a bunch of coins where bumped in the same exact way, why?... so my guess is that the rise is not related to BM's announcement .... maybe that is good... since the great news are still not priced in current BTS price(?)... or we go to the moon, or our prize will stabilize when the speculators dump all the other coins one more time...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Insider trading is basically one of the defining models of market micro-structure, despite being illegal in regulated markets. Assuming some proportion of insider trading in a market is the only way you can build a model to explain the price movements.

read more here: http://www.wildbunny.co.uk/blog/2014/06/24/algorithmic-trading-with-bitcoin-part-2/

In any case, it's unlikely this move is news related since nearly all crypto on coinmarketcap started moving in an up-trend at the same time, seemingly all driven from bter*.

In addition, if you want to make money if this was a news event, it's better to sell when everybody else is screaming 'buy' - basically, always do the opposite of what the majority are saying.

:)

*) correction: from btc38 :)

maybe not insider trading, or equity buy in. If i'm the gateway, I'd buy a crap load of whatever I'm having a partner with while it is cheap in order to execute my business partnership. Not nefarious or illegal, but just what happens in any merger or large partnership. That bump in demand feeds in to itself as others jump on the bandwagon.

If the bump comes before the news, it adds veracity to the news. It's almost unbelievable that bitshares was only valued at 10 million. You couldn't buy a start-up with 1/4 of what bitshares has done for 10 million... Doesn't mean it will be successful, just that people through there money at worse projects ;-) It also demonstrates a bit of bytemaster's liquidity problem... You couldn't buy all of bitshares for 10 million, nor sell all of bitshares for 10 million - liquidity does matter
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:36:14 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true