Author Topic: Front Line battle for Bitshares adoption via MUMBLE  (Read 3247 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Also, max keiser, Michael krieger of Liberty blitzkrieg, someone from the zerohedge team, Mark the taxi driver and Jim willie as often as possible....

Dang Ben, you're tuned in. Nice lineup! :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Fuzzy is an interviewing god, and we all should be grateful.

And a friend,  great thinker and so much more ... fuzzy… you know i ♥ you   :-*
Continue the evangelize mission  - unpayable - ... your service for bitshares!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:28:13 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
 Amazing interview. Amazing statistics. Amazing exposure. Amazing production. Anyone going to the site to listen to the recordings sees the bitshares logo. The intro mentions Bitshares at the very list. Next, Gerald Celente?

Well done!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
thanks for the stats  +5%

also, I think it's needed to target audience outside of digital currencies.

first step is an easy fiat ramp which was announced by BM.
next merchant adoption / marketing (affiliate) - there are tons of people in the (non crypto) industry who love to talk and wouldn't mind speaking in a hangout.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

what do you think fuzzy, if they can ask you questions about BitShares and what they want to know?

Yes this. 

We don't need to advertise or explain Bts but we could sneak a few questions in to increase their engagement w us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline fuzzy

in general the interview was good!

what do you think fuzzy, if they can ask you questions about BitShares and what they want to know?

Help get the focus in the end to BitShares and give their community ideas why they want to join us as well.

With the bonus hangouts I will certainly talk a little bit about bitshares, but it cannot be a bitshares advertisement.  We have to realize that BitShares will play a big role moving forward, but I also want to focus on broader solutions.  I honestly am not reaching out to people like Jim just to use him for views...I get along with him genuinely and find talking to him to be very fun (though I think his audience needs to hear our message too).

However, BitShares in my mind IS a big part of the solution moving forward.  Sooooo it naturally makes sense for me to mention it along with other solutions that I think are viable.  And of course I use what I have learned from our entire community and my own experiences to teach people the basics of WHY blockchains (especially ones like bitshares) are so powerful a tool.  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:21:05 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
in general the interview was good!

Help get the focus in the end to BitShares and give their community ideas why they want to join us as well.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Beyond Bitcoin is absolutely incredible. There is no way to over-exaggerate how important community access to the architects of Bitshares has been or will be. Not to mention the high quality record of the developmental journey or the power to enhance our community internally and externally. We haven't come close to realising the full value and potential of this amazing, unique media platform built on openess and integrity. You guys are doing a truely great job.

I'd love to hear an interview with Jeff Nielson from bullionbullscanada.com. His logic and reason shines a powerful light on the endless lies of the cabal. It would be wonderful to introduce him to Bitshares and give him a taste of the hope it brings.

Also, max keiser, Michael krieger of Liberty blitzkrieg, someone from the zerohedge team, Mark the taxi driver and Jim willie as often as possible....

Offline onceuponatime

Thats awesome.  The Jim Willie interview is giving us a ton more exposure.

BrotherJohnF is another prominent Hard Money community member I respect.  He just recently said he would love to come on :)

He's awesome!  And he is way into cryptocurrencies.

Offline fuzzy

BrotherJohnF is another prominent Hard Money community member I respect.  He just recently said he would love to come on :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/BrotherJohnF
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:19:57 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

Thanks for the info, AJ.

I'm quite impressed with the results of the Jim Williw interview. Hopefully other guests can bring us similar attention from the Guests" communities in the future.

Anyone have some invite ideas?

Offline raspu

• View Profile
PTS: PnGggh65DYZMbfR6h9LEsYKQ7xeAm5dH62

Offline emailtooaj

Good evening Bitshares community!   :D

For the majority of people who aren't familiar of me,  I'm Emailtooaj (obviously) and I'm the sound editor for the Beyond Bitcoin team who offers the weekly DEV, DELEGATE and (new) BONUS Hangouts. The music production and voice you hear at the beginning of each edited Beyond Bitcoin Hangout is myself, so now you have a voice to the name  :D.
First I'd like to give a brief history of why I'm here and how my role evolved with The Beyond Bitcoin team as this info may help clarify the context of this post (hopefully).

WARNING- I'm giving everyone heads up! This will be a lengthy post, but I'll do my best keeping it short....

Since around April of 2014,  I've always enjoyed and patiently anticipated the next Mumble Hangout that Fuzzy was conducting for the community.  You must admit that there's NO other crypto community in existence who offers this style of service for their stake holders... other than Bitcoin.  Even still, those type of Bitcoin shows offer no opportunity for any community members to ask direct questions to the core developers.
Needless to say, having Dan Larimer visit on a weekly basis to meet with the community is a VERY RARE and special treat. I truly appreciate him doing this, as I know the rest of our community does also!!!
So thank you Fuzzy for starting this valuable service!

Around August of 2014 I noticed that Fuzzy must have started getting overwhelmed with production workload, because the recordings weren't getting edited in the usual style.  I did not want to see these Hangouts loose traction or see Fuzzy get burnt out and quit. That's when I decided to jump in and help. When I contacted Fuzzy, I felt relieved that he didn't tell me to go f**k myself and gave me an opportunity to jump in and help out. To date, I have greatly enjoyed working with him over this past year and I think we make a good team.
Back on topic though...
Since our very first conversation, Fuzzy and myself (along with the rest of the team) agree that we MUST put out THE best content and production to the best of our ability's. The likeliness of these recordings getting listened to from someone outside of the Bitshare Eco-system, is very likely at anytime and that the thought of quality must be their first impression.
What they hear for the first time, will be indirectly perceived upon the rest of the BitShares project and work ethic. So it's safe to say, if they listen to shit quality recordings, then they could very possibly assume a shit quality product; then just turn and walk away with the thought that our whole Bitshare project is a joke and unprofessional.  These recordings are very much an integral part of the Front Line to Bitshares, whether most people realize it or not!

Outside of editing all the raw recordings and posting them SoundCloud,  I also pay close attention to all the numbers behind the scenes. Every week or so I'll dig into SoundCloud to see what people are listening to, along with the total number of "plays" of the previous weeks hangouts.
Over the past 8 months or so, listed below is what the "general" average DEV Hangout numbers look like...

Day 1 (of posting): 45-60 listens
Day 2 (of posting): 20-35 listens
Day 3 (of posting): 10-15 Listens
Day 4 (of posting): 3-12  Listens

Please keep in mind that some weeks double the average listens and some weeks are slightly below this average.

So in general, by looking at these numbers it's safe to assume that though these Hangouts and recordings are useful, we can conclude that majority of listeners are from the BitShares community... and we certainly appreciate your support!
Now that being said, some may wondering and start to question... "OK, so what value has this given the community?", 
"Why are we spending BTS delegate funds to support something that's not reaching outside Bitshares Eco-system?",
"Why or How is this benefiting me?"....
Stick with me, as this will all make sense and you'll see the method to my madness!

As I had mentioned already, the core focus of Beyond Bitcoin team has always been...
1) The Highest Quality Interview (Fuzzy and others)
2) Upgrade so more users can easily join into the conversations (Fuzzy, JoeyD, jabbajabba)
3) Edit and Post a High Quality Recording (emailtooaj, jabbajabba)
4) Make it easier and more enjoyable for people to find the Edited Recordings (Fuzzy, jabbajabba, emailtooaj)

Having a strong Beyond Bitcoin team working behind the scenes makes for an efficient work flow while also freeing up Fuzzy's time to do what he does best...
TALK... and Damn!  We know he likes to talk!!!  Dude won't shut up sometimes LOL  :P :P 
All jokes aside...so by lightening up Fuzzy's workload while giving him more time to reach other people outside of the Eco-System, has manifested the newest branch of Beyond Bitcoin.

The Beyond Bitcoin "Bonus" Hangouts!

If this is the first time you've heard of these "Bonus" Hangouts then please visit BeyondBitcoin.org and check them out!

The first "Bonus" Hangout was with Dan Robles of CURIOSUME and was posted 5/10/2015.
I personally found this hangout to be very interesting and Mr. Robles is definitely a very cool guy!! You need to check it out if you haven't already!
The Soundcloud "plays" for this particular BONUS Hangout was pretty decent, considering the fact that this is the first one.
The play stats through a 10 day period had totaled to 79 listens. Not bad, not good... but this is going to get a bit more interesting!

The second "Bonus" Hangout was done with Jim Willie of GoldenJackass.com and posted 5/20/2015.
This interview went awesome!!  Sound quality wasn't on par in this recording, but believe us... this will NEVER happen again as we found the fix!!
But check out the numbers attained for Jim's "Bonus" Hangout (and I promise these numbers are NOT exaggerated!!!)...

Day 1 (of posting): 1,969
Day 2 (of posting): 7,335
Day 3 (of posting): 2,380
Day 4 (of posting): 2,589
Day 5 (of posting): 4,793
Day 6 (of posting): 4,956
Day 7 (of posting): 826
Day 8 (of posting): 32 *today*

A total of 24,880 listens in 8 days, WTF !!!!  Seriously!!!

THESE listeners are obviously people outside of the Bitshares community!!  The numbers get a lot more interesting; because these are NEW unique listeners,  guess what... they ALSO had gone through our previous recordings and actually took their time to listen to them.  You know, those DEV Hangouts everyone takes for granted!  Let me layout as to why and show you why I'm saying this...

During the same time period of 5/20 - 5/27 (the following days after Jim's Hangout got posted) they had also went back to listen to these recordings...

> Dev Hangout recording from 5/22/2015 --- 406 additional hits
> Dev hangout recording from 5/15/2015 --- 346 additional hits
> BONUS Hangout with Dan Robles 5/10/15 -- 161 additional hits
> Dev Hangout recording from 5/08/2015 --- 142 additional hits
> "Other Tracks" (SoundCloud won't break-down) --- 1,960 additional hits

Total "plays" from within the...
United States- 17,388 plays
Canada- 3,740 plays
United Kingdom- 1,541 plays
Australia- 1,246 plays
Germany- 515 plays
Netherlands- 406 plays
Singapore- 238 plays
New Zealand- 230 plays
Switzerland- 227 plays
Japan- 208 plays
Sweden- 206 plays
Thailand- 199 plays
Belgium- 176 plays
Malaysia- 171 plays
Hong Kong- 161 plays
Ireland- 141 plays
Spain- 134 plays
France- 132 plays
Mexico- 132 plays
Norway- 120 plays
etc, etc, etc.

These are just the top 20 countries of the 50 listed.

I'm very comfortable to say that many of Jim Willie's followers,  after listening to his Hangout,  had a genuine interest in Bitshares and wanted to find out what we're all about .
Now, can we say these same people actually took any action after they meandered around some of the Bitshare web sites and download the Bitshares client?
Unfortunately no. This hangout was way beyond anyone's expectations and we don't have a funnel in place for this referral tracking... YET!!
I myself find it strangely curious that during this same period of time,  while all these "plays" where happening,  that the BTS price had a nice little bump. Did they buy any BTS on the central exchanges???

Let me be clear and admit that I'm not actually trying to peg a price increase to the Jim Willie Hangout.  I just find it very coincidental!
Nothing more, nothing less! 
Of course with the recent news BM gave today, regarding a Fiat gateway,  this also makes sense for the price jumping up. You know,  from people "in the know". Buying up some cheap BTS and getting into position!  To bad I wasn't one of them  :'( LOL

All in all after reviewing the Jim Willie numbers... the future is very, very promising!!   I know Fuzzy is looking forward to having more Hangouts with Jim in the near future and we'll see how this relationship could branch out for other opportunities for Beyond Bitcoin and our Bitshares community.

So if you could please keep these points in mind moving forward....

1) Shit in, shit out!
If you're planning to be part of the Hangouts then please make sure you're using a good mic to achieve the best sound possible!  I can only edit the recorded sound by so much.
Fuzzy or myself will gladly offer any help if need be.  Please remember that with any outside listeners,  their initial impressions are EVERYTHING!
You just never know who might be listening  (Hopefully some whales LOL).

2) Please continue voting for the Fuzzy.BeyondBitcoin Delegate so we can keep providing and expanding these Hangouts and our services.

3) Yes, Fuzzy is the founder of Beyond Bitcoin, but also remember... THIS IS NOT THE FUZZY SHOW!!!
This is for ALL OF US, the Bitshares Community!!! 

Your voice and opinions are just as important and more respected then you realize!  Don't be shy!  Interact with the Hangout guests... if your time permits.
Trust me, I've interacted with other community's before I decided to go all in with BitShares and this community is hands down the best out there!   

One last thing I'd like to say before heading off. 
MANY special Thanks to our community listeners along with an equally important Thank You to the remaining Beyond Bitcoin team members...
Fuzzy, jabbajabba, JoeyD, Clains and BtsWildpig.

You guys ROCK and I'm thankful that you continue to let me be part of this team!!

"So once again, welcome... and please enjoy the show!"  - Emailtooaj
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ