Author Topic: MIDEM + Secret Sauce / product release plans = ???  (Read 6755 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I just talked to cedric about the need for another update specifically to discuss the roadmap, maybe during or before midem. We will also probably release at least a summary of what we said to the public at midem.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Name one popular artist that takes care of selling is own work!

Else I agree .. It's been too silent around Peertracks for weeks now ..

Lot's of the artists we should be targeting do!  ;D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Name one popular artist that takes care of selling is own work!

Else I agree .. It's been too silent around Peertracks for weeks now ..

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I'm probably missing something but a lot of the Peertracks / Bitshares Music project has been hush hush for a while in order to protect the 'secret sauce' business model, which I can understand. 

What I don't understand is why Peertracks would attend MIDEM, which is full of industry monopolists and entrenched parties who's only interest would be to undermine and destroy any new initiative that might threaten them.  What is the thinking behind the attendance?  What is Peertracks seeking to gain from MIDEM?  Wouldn't a release of the product and viral acceptance by artists & fans be the preferred method of adoption?

I don't think you need to reveal anything that should remain secret in order to give the community (or just me) some insight into the final release & adoption strategy.  I am very excited about this project, I hope you can forgive my natural concern for what comes next.....