Author Topic: Fake Internet Plan  (Read 3716 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
The immediate potential benefits would be dwarfed by the future damage.

At least they will have a future to damage because they (1) learned to plant a seed to survive the famine (unless all botany sites are banned) and (2) fixed a motor (unless they ban every physics website) in order to earn some money before they (3) trusted the bank who stole their saved cash.  We can't help them until step (3).  Only Zucky Mc.Zuckerson can help them conquer steps (1) & (2).  We are merely BitShares, not BitFREEinternet2planetEARTH

But if you do have a proposal of how we can compete with the Zuckerhorn and physically connect the rest of the third world to the internet, then I'd vote in your worker for such a shovel ready job.  This is how we compete with Zucky Thompson, and currently we are not at all competitive in such business sectors (but I hope that someday we can be, because I'm accumulating a mighty powerful voting stake just for such an occasion)

Choose your battles

Alright, i am defeated. You have a compelling point.  The zucker can build out some infrastructure for us until we can compete and irrigate the areas of internet desert he creates  ;)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
BitShares and MaidSafe could go so well together!  They need DPOS, our crowd funding, and our economic system, and we need their routing system, hosting, and storage.

SAFE will go well with everything.. but unclear why they will "need" DPOS; they had the fastest crowdfunding seen in a while; the SafeCoin will act like cash.. obviously, it'll evidence their utility, if they support BitShares and others but "need" is a bit of a stretch -> will benefit from.

MaidSafe has a lot of cool tech that I'm really excited about, but SafeCoin isn't it.  I don't really think they've ever had good economics behind their project, and I think while we'll all benefit from what they're developing, those who invested in SafeCoin will be disappointed.

Offline davidpbrown

BitShares and MaidSafe could go so well together!  They need DPOS, our crowd funding, and our economic system, and we need their routing system, hosting, and storage.

SAFE will go well with everything.. but unclear why they will "need" DPOS; they had the fastest crowdfunding seen in a while; the SafeCoin will act like cash.. obviously, it'll evidence their utility, if they support BitShares and others but "need" is a bit of a stretch -> will benefit from.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Nobody is forcing people to sign up.  If you don't want any, then don't get any.  Why do you have to tell anybody what they can or cannot do? 

"free internet" is better than "no internet" to someone "without internet".

Privacy is not cheap, and those using the "free internet" are obviously unable or unwilling to purchase any.  Most people on the planet are far more concerned with "food" than "privacy"

You 1% rich kings obviously have more money more problems than the hungry herd if you have the time and money required to worry about such luxuries that most will never be able to afford in their lifetimes (privacy).

Congratulations to Zucky for paying for the internet infrastructure that will help educate people on basic useful facts and concepts such as math and how to grow food (you will be lucky to make a real return on this investment).  Imagine if you had the internet when you were growing up, and how much more you would have learned from it instead of having your brain numbed by hours of public school teacher drivel?  Now imagine the kid who cannot afford to go to school because he is stuck working with his parents in the fields.  Now he can get an equal if not better education after work without having to leave his adobe.  So unless the government is going to ban all websites where math and science are used, these broke kids are going to be smarter than their parents in 2 years time.  The internet is helping the collective masses educate themselves faster than the bad guys can use technology for oppression.  The only effective oppression in the future is no internet (no math class, no science lectures, no biology seminar, no multi-lingual lessons)(they would have to ban everything because currently, the poor know nothing).

However, it certainly is not altruism sprouting from the Great Zucksby, in fact, this is his only option to grow the Facebook user base today since anybody with internet already either currently loves it or hates it.  He is stuck with having to grow the internet in order to grow Facebook.  Just pray that Facebook stock does not crash before the infrastructure can be set up because they will be lucky to recoup their investment let alone make a dime.  Since when has feeding the hungry ever been profitable?  In fact, I am arguing that it is in fact the banks that are allowing him the ability to set up this great knowledge transfer to the poor because they are offering low interest rates on dollars that people are using to buy Facebook stock.  If the banks wanted to keep the poor in the dark, then they would raise interest rates, which would mean that liquidity in the financial system would dry up and Facebook stock might sell off, and this project might be scrapped.  So thank the Federal reserve for teaching math and science to the poorest people.   

I never thought I'd ever say this but ... yayyyy Facebook!
No no no, they are targeting the weak in order to capture their attention within a completely controlled network. The immediate potential benefits would be dwarfed by the future damage. This kind of project detracts from other more benevolent projects that are seeking to get access to everyone. It stifles innovation and capital to the right projects. The artificial scarcity is generated by the banking system, otherwise everyone could connect to the internet. This is a bad solution to a problem created by bad people to further foster a bad system.

Tuck Fheman

BitShares and MaidSafe could go so well together!

I could get behind that.

Offline mangou007

The Dr Evil laugh seems to match perfectly... Yes it is sad...
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Solution,  Bitshares & maidsafe....boom!

A marketing campaign that highlighted how such an Internet would be, in short order, like a mental zoo, populated by animals that had been inbred for a thousand years whilst being tortured daily by psychotic keepers.

Corporate internet is an intellectually and morally vacant echo-chamber, devoid of truth or life.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:30:26 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
My opinions only, I have no facts to back this up. My first impressions only are stated below.

Sounds like it's going to be a commercialized internet that is free to browse, with free bandwidth, even possibly free devices to access it too, paid for by the stakeholders who advertise on it, and own parts of it.

They're creating a new bar and setting it high, and then want only the insiders to profit from it in the end.

So when the smoke clears they probably think:

1) We'll own all of the firmware and software on internet.org devices

2) People (2/3 of the non-connected world) will walk around with our devices, basically creating our own meshnet for connectivity

3) Since we own all the intellectual rights of this new meshnet, we can advertise on it for free. We can rent out our customer base (and their eyeballs) for free for advertising and marketing purposes

4) Once we get massive adoption rates since there is ZERO cost to entry for any person in a 3rd world country to get connected, we'll soon be in control of the largest internet.org internet anywhere.

5) In the end, govt gets what they want because now they have a centralized body who controls the switches. They can ask internet.org turn on and turn off who they want, when they want.

6) We (zuckerberg team) get we want. We'll all be rich beyond belief if this works.  Bill Gates will lick our boots.

7) and the world's population will think they're getting what they want. Free internet, and free devices? What more could we want?  I don't need privacy when I'm a sheep herder a 3rd world country.

8) In 5 to 10 years time, don't forget an evil laugh, and references to "Mini Me" and "Dr. Evil"

Isn't this the "Kingsman: The Secret Service" plot?  8)

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Ha! I actually feel it would be a thousand times worse but I like to hold back a bit. I'd hate to come across as unequivocal  ;D

Crypto4ever makes several salient predictions that are perhaps more useful in identifying the zuckerberg monster's goals.

A marketing campaign that highlighted how such an Internet would be, in short order, like a mental zoo, populated by animals that had been inbred for a thousand years whilst being tortured daily by psychotic keepers.

Corporate internet is an intellectually and morally vacant echo-chamber, devoid of truth or life.

Don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel! <j/k> :D  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
My opinions only, I have no facts to back this up. My first impressions only are stated below.

Sounds like it's going to be a commercialized internet that is free to browse, with free bandwidth, even possibly free devices to access it too, paid for by the stakeholders who advertise on it, and own parts of it.

They're creating a new bar and setting it high, and then want only the insiders to profit from it in the end.

So when the smoke clears they probably think:

1) We'll own all of the firmware and software on internet.org devices

2) People (2/3 of the non-connected world) will walk around with our devices, basically creating our own meshnet for connectivity

3) Since we own all the intellectual rights of this new meshnet, we can advertise on it for free. We can rent out our customer base (and their eyeballs) for free for advertising and marketing purposes

4) Once we get massive adoption rates since there is ZERO cost to entry for any person in a 3rd world country to get connected, we'll soon be in control of the largest internet.org internet anywhere.

5) In the end, govt gets what they want because now they have a centralized body who controls the switches. They can ask internet.org turn on and turn off who they want, when they want.

6) We (zuckerberg team) get we want. We'll all be rich beyond belief if this works.  Bill Gates will lick our boots.

7) and the world's population will think they're getting what they want. Free internet, and free devices? What more could we want?  I don't need privacy when I'm a sheep herder a 3rd world country.

8) In 5 to 10 years time, don't forget an evil laugh, and references to "Mini Me" and "Dr. Evil"

There is a new name in the war on freedom and privacy.. and it's Zuckerberg.

https://nofakeinternet.org

Solutions?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+