Author Topic: Delegates - INDEXES of Stock Exchanges - Update to version 0.2.4 of bts_tools  (Read 9581 times)

Offline monsterer

- If the premium on non-interesting bearing debt is 10%, how much will it be on interesting producing instrument- like any group of publicly traded company stock ? What do you think -20% 30% ???   And the connected question, what kind of BTS believer will pay such premium on an index just to use the BTS DAX?

or

-What kind of people will bet that "The inflationary BTS will out perform any market index, in anything resembling  a long run" and go short?

The design of bitAssets 2.0 (or even the existing design) is orthogonal to the provision of any one market / index.

As to your second point, are you really serious? Then why not simply place all your money in fiat?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
so at least 13 deleagtes who are controlled from only 7 people we have to convince.

Convince them what?

I still do not quite get what you guys expect/try to achieve with those indexes???
Its better to gamble on bitshares instead of plus500

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I see the clear luck of judgment and the complete optimism and hope that is dominating everybody else but me regarding this matter.

I see those indexes as nothing more than a great experiment to find either:

-How many illiquid markets BTS can handle?

or

-What market can we come up that is more illiquid than the Turkish Lira?

or

- If the premium on non-interesting bearing debt is 10%, how much will it be on interesting producing instrument- like any group of publicly traded company stock ? What do you think -20% 30% ???   And the connected question, what kind of BTS believer will pay such premium on an index just to use the BTS DAX?

or

-What kind of people will bet that "The inflationary BTS will out perform any market index, in anything resembling  a long run" and go short?
Valid points... let's see what more lessons we will get... do you think with bitAsset2.0 and using any kind of collateral on this matter , solves the most problems you are mentioning? I do...

Offline Fox

I'll setup the additional feeds a bit later in the day in support of the community.

Reminder: Please check that your slates includes Fox.
Witness: fox

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Ok I've rounded up what I believe are the easiest delegates to get the feeds up

Emski has 2 or 3
Bitscape (I believe he has said he will get it up in a few days) that's 2
Rgcrypto, he needs to be running feeds at all
John Galt, he's running 2 delegates i believe, that's 6
Ebit
bitcoiner
Crazybit has 2 or 3
Nikolai has 2
Cass
Matt608

That should be enough. 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:24:14 am by eagleeye »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Is there a way to get the list of people who have not set up the feed yet?

I think it's best to just ignore tonyk.  If you don't try you will never succeed.

go to bitsharesblocks and see which are still publishing 19 feeds, and which are publishing 23. The ones with 19 are the ones to chase after.

As for the ones not publishing feeds at all.. no hope there. Easier to get new delegates voted in then getting them to publish.

Big help data, your a very positive force for bitshares +5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think it's best to just ignore tonyk.  If you don't try you will never succeed.

go to bitsharesblocks and see which are still publishing 19 feeds, and which are publishing 23. The ones with 19 are the ones to chase after.

As for the ones not publishing feeds at all.. no hope there. Easier to get new delegates voted in then getting them to publish.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:13:03 am by eagleeye »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
so at least 13 deleagtes who are controlled from only 7 people we have to convince.

Convince them what?

I still do not quite get what you guys expect/try to achieve with those indexes???

I see the clear luck of judgment and the complete optimism and hope that is dominating everybody else but me regarding this matter.

I see those indexes as nothing more than a great experiment to find either:

-How many illiquid markets BTS can handle?

or

-What market can we come up that is more illiquid than the Turkish Lira?

or

or

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Convince them what?

for me it is easy. If we want to be "the" decentralized exchange i should not need to go out of bitshares. So we need to add more bitassets i want to get exposure.

we have

1. some FIAT bitassets
2. some commodities - gold and silver
3. and 1 crypto with bitBTC

so the next step is

4. some indexes

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Convince them what?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Convince them what?

for me it is easy. If we want to be "the" decentralized exchange i should not need to go out of bitshares. So we need to add more bitassets i want to get exposure.

we have

1. some FIAT bitassets

so the next step is

4. some indexes
+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Convince them what?

we have

1. some FIAT bitassets

so the next step is

4. some indexes

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Get exposition to them through bitshares?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Convince them what?

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
you think the number is to slow?

i am rather suprised how fast the updates of the feedscripts are done!

Maybe we should identify some delegates who are publishing just the 19 assets and approach them directly to update to the new versions.

so i identified some canidates
DelegateControl
1. del0.cass
2. media.bitscape2 + 4
3. dev.sidhujag
4. provisional.bitscape
5. dacx.baozou
6. mr.agsexplorer6 + 8
7. delegate.coolspeed7+15+19
8. mrs.agsexplorer
9. google. helloworld
10. bitcoiners
11. rose.ebit
12. spartako12+28+31
13. maqifrnswa13+30
14. btsx.chinesecommunity
15. coolspeed
16. bombastic
17. delegate.webber
18. delegate1.john-galt
19. dac.coolspeed
20. delegate.taolje
21. emski
22. emski.bitdelegate22+25
23. kokojie
24. immortal.bitdelegate
25. now.dacwin25+31
25. angel.bitrelegate
26. very.strong
27. lead.giant
28. spartako1
29. delegate1-galt
30. delegate1.maqifrnswa
31. spartako2
31. future.dacwin
32. fox

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
If you want one more, Martin is ready and close to the first 101, please vote for him.  ;)

martin-38ptswarrior-raum

Offline testz

On a different note we need 13 more delegates, please ask your delegate friends to update if they have not.
+2 feeds, 11 more...

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Are you sure? I tried to update my delegate node at 7AM with pip install --upgrade bts_tools and it still pulled the 0.2.4 release, no 0.2.6. I did an update first but there is no such option to pip.

I ran pip in the virtualenv which uses python 3.4, pip3.

I ended up just copying the new feeds.py into place I pulled from github, now updated. 24 active feeds now.

Is it fixed Thom?

On a different note we need 13 more delegates, please ask your delegate friends to update if they have not.

Offline Thom

Are you sure? I tried to update my delegate node at 7AM with pip install --upgrade bts_tools and it still pulled the 0.2.4 release, no 0.2.6. I did an update first but there is no such option to pip.

I ran pip in the virtualenv which uses python 3.4, pip3.

I ended up just copying the new feeds.py into place I pulled from github, now updated. 24 active feeds now.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:37:16 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline wackou

I'm looking at your repo on github and the 0.2.6 release is not there.

Sorry, I released on pypi, but forgot to push to github. This should be fixed now.
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline Thom

I just released version 0.2.6 of the tools, which adds the feed for the SHANGHAI asset. This brings the total list to:

SHENZHEN (yahoo index: 399106.SZ)
SHANGHAI (yahoo index: 000001.SS)
NIKKEI: (yahoo index: ^N225)
NASDAQC: (yahoo index: ^IXIC)
HANGSENG: (yahoo index: ^HSI)

SHANGHAI isn't accessible via the same API as the others, so it is (for now) scraped directly from this page: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=000001.SS
It also looks like it might not be updated very frequently, so I wouldn't vouch 100% for it without further testing.
The others look good, though.

I'm looking at your repo on github and the 0.2.6 release is not there.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I have a suggest to improve short, short CNY against SHENZHEN
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=16706.0

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline monsterer

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:09:19 am by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »

Offline alt

• View Profile
yes, don't know why, just can't get SHANGHAI from yahoo's API.

Thanks! I see them all except SHANGHAI. It's in the code but not in the updates. Maybe a yahoo issue?

no I have rewrite all my python scripts. look here
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16170.msg213692.html#msg213692

I have update my script and support these stocks now.

Is this the operation_tools scripts?

Offline Riverhead

Thanks! I see them all except SHANGHAI. It's in the code but not in the updates. Maybe a yahoo issue?

no I have rewrite all my python scripts. look here
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16170.msg213692.html#msg213692

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:05:14 am by Riverhead »

Offline alt

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Also guys,

Can we do other things like US Treasuries 10 years http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/us

Though I dont know how demand will be or if I would want to pay the 5000 bts for it, but ill keep thinking of ideas.

We probably should still get the OIL or GAS Market Pegged Asset up as someone paid for it, if its all cosure.

If anyone has any other ideas im all for it especially if its good, and your willing to pay the fee.

Also if you havent voted yet, wackou should be a delegate, hes almost there (was at 102 position last I heard and he wants to do stuff.  Also alt would be good too if hes not a delegate yet.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:10:04 am by eagleeye »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
a thing we should think is for now, much  feed price is come from yahoo finance, we need more source can replace yahoo.

I agree 100% on finding multiple sources for the feeds, otherwise we are completely centralized :o

Thing is, yahoo is the main high-quality, easily accessible api on the internet, by large...

I'll try to find some time and see if I can scrape properly google and/or bloomberg, which could allow delegates to choose where they want their feed from.

For Shanghai how about directly taking from here http://english.sse.com.cn/

Offline wackou

a thing we should think is for now, much  feed price is come from yahoo finance, we need more source can replace yahoo.

I agree 100% on finding multiple sources for the feeds, otherwise we are completely centralized :o

Thing is, yahoo is the main high-quality, easily accessible api on the internet, by large...

I'll try to find some time and see if I can scrape properly google and/or bloomberg, which could allow delegates to choose where they want their feed from.

Offline wackou

I just released version 0.2.6 of the tools, which adds the feed for the SHANGHAI asset. This brings the total list to:

SHENZHEN (yahoo index: 399106.SZ)
SHANGHAI (yahoo index: 000001.SS)
NIKKEI: (yahoo index: ^N225)
NASDAQC: (yahoo index: ^IXIC)
HANGSENG: (yahoo index: ^HSI)

SHANGHAI isn't accessible via the same API as the others, so it is (for now) scraped directly from this page: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=000001.SS
It also looks like it might not be updated very frequently, so I wouldn't vouch 100% for it without further testing.
The others look good, though.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
hi,eagleeye

Can anyone do a chinese translation of the OP? That could spark some more delegate interest :)

I made that post in there forum using Google translate.

Something very important has come up from Fuzzy

He has mentioned that we need 2 tools available for if one goes down.  He has said that I should liaison with alt and wackou.  Can either of you go on nullstreet slack or contact me on skype, private message me your ids.

We need this guys, because our feed could go down then we are in trouble.

Thank you Fuzzy for your vigilance.

Can we use https://www.google.com/finance?q=SHE%3A399006&ei=EuFwVeGJHOW7iwLX8oCQBA

or http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/SZ399006:IND

Ive been able to get a contact for the Shanghai stock exchange composite however she doesnt have voice mail or picks up.

Ill try to get this for Shenzhen, to see if they will give us a direct feed which is going to be probably complicated as well.

This may also be good for a feed http://www.szse.cn/main/en/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:40:45 pm by eagleeye »

Offline alt

• View Profile
hi,eagleeye

Can anyone do a chinese translation of the OP? That could spark some more delegate interest :)

He has mentioned that we need 2 tools available for if one goes down.  He has said that I should liaison with alt and wackou.  Can either of you go on nullstreet slack or contact me on skype, private message me your ids.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

We need this guys just 26 more delegates we are about half way there https://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/market

Offline monsterer

iHashFury

13/51 delegates publishing these new feeds - come on, lets get this going :)

101 delegates how hard it is to check the code, login and type git pull !!!

Monsterer, Wackou and Xeroc have kindly provided  the script - USE IT !!

Offline monsterer

13/51 delegates publishing these new feeds - come on, lets get this going :)

Offline Thom

I had bts_tools version 0.2.4 up and running on delegate.verbaltech by 1:15AM CDT

If anyone needs it the payroll plugin I provided (included in bts_tools) has also been updated and fully tested.

+5% to wackou for his efforts on the tools and the updated feeds! This guy needs to be in the 101, he's one of the few that has been contributing for quite awhile and truly is very conscious of delegate security issues, so please vote for delegate.digitalgaia. He's currently at rank 102 so he just needs a little more support.

For those of you who haven't seen it, look at the beautiful web UI he built (this is an old pic):
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:05:38 pm by Thom »

Offline monsterer

Updated my delegate! Thanks to wackou who provided excellent support just now, to help me get up and running :)

Offline phillyguy

BIG BUMP.

Also would love to see DSN get his other 5 delegates voted in, folks!

Offline fuzzy

FIRST!

http://vote.bunkermining.com with our one delegate voted in has been updated with these feeds. Could use votes for the other 5!

Also updated with these feeds:
www.minebitshares-com
www2.minebitshares-com
minebitshares-reloaded

How many slots does each one need to move?

And as far as index Trading....heck yeh!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:08:05 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline monsterer

Can we get a link to the bts_tools repo in the first post to help delegates?

https://github.com/wackou/bts_tools

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

FIRST!

http://vote.bunkermining.com with our one delegate voted in has been updated with these feeds. Could use votes for the other 5!

Also updated with these feeds:
www.minebitshares-com
www2.minebitshares-com
minebitshares-reloaded

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

First many thanks to Monsterer, Wackou and Xeroc

We need your help to get more delegates on version 0.2.4 of bts_tools package for these indexes, so talk to your delegate friends. Go here for more info https://github.com/wackou/bts_tools

Wackou has released (first thank you very much) version 0.2.4 of the bts_tools package which now allows to publish feeds for SHENZHEN (priced in CNY), NASDAQC (in USD), NIKKEI (in JPY) and HANGSENG (in HKD).  The feeds of bitshares denominated indexes of HANGSENG, NASDAQC, NIKKEI, and SHENZHEN can be found here with just 1 delegate approving http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/market .

We need your help to get more delegates on version 0.2.4 of bts_tools package for these indexes, so talk to your delegate friends.

Symbol SHENZHEN is an index of Shenzhen Stock Exchange Composite Index symbol 399106.SZ I believe found here https://www.google.com/finance?q=SHE%3A399006&ei=Y3VuVfjRK8SYiQKTyIKgBQ and BTS version found here http://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/info?asset=SHENZHEN

While you can find the other symbols HANGSENG, NASDAQC and NIKKEI here http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/market but they do not give any information on what indexes they follow but should be assumed Indexes representing those general markets, an update of them of which they follow should be specified.

For more information on the developments of this project go here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16616.45.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:15:53 am by eagleeye »