Author Topic: MasterCard with BitUSD? could be with CCEDK  (Read 11802 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Smartcoins can represent the fiat based portions of Bitassets. So it's a subset of the Bitasset class. By defining the different classes you more easily market to different segments.

Now this makes sense. +5%

Offline Pheonike

Smartcoins can represent the fiat based portions of Bitassets. So it's a subset of the Bitasset class. By defining the different classes you more easily market to different segments.

Offline robrigo

Save your money on this if you're in the USA. I can spend only 250 Euro per year from it.

Residents from the following countries may order cards, but may not raise card limits to level 2: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Cambodia, Ecuador, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Namibia, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Uganda, United States and Minor Outlying Islands, Yemen, Zimbabwe.

Offline mint chocolate chip

I like the SmartCoin name. it's something non-crypto people can associate with.

To give but a few examples, HANGSENG, OIL and GOLD do not fit the mold of 'coin' very well.
BitAsset was more neutral and expansive.

Arguably, it also sounded better.  :D

You can think of SmartCoins as a consumer-friendly brand name for a class of BitAssets.
I like the name a lot, the connection to being able to invest in SmartCoins with a smart phone makes me feel, well smart.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

To give but a few examples, HANGSENG, OIL and GOLD do not fit the mold of 'coin' very well.

You can think of SmartCoins as a consumer-friendly brand name for a class of BitAssets.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline svk

Agreed :)

Although bitAssets are familiar to us now I don't think the Average Joe will get much from it. SmartCoins does allow the user to make a mental image in a way bitAsset does not, vague though it may be, although I must admit I'm not a big fan of the name.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
And, what else do you need to begin working on making a UnionPay card available?
If you guys want to capture that market, you gotta act now!

We try to put focus on it all step by step, and although Unionpay is a great product, we will have to work it according to our time scedule as we are limited in hours per day to get all done as quick as we really wish. So dont worry, we will try to do all we can to work with Unionpay a.s.a.p. :)
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Do you have an idea when the bitEUR/USD/CNY cards will be available?

First we need the market created on CCEDK establishing steady liquidity in both buy and sell walls, for which we need the support from as many Bitshares members as possible, and at the same time the bitcoin debit nanocard is out there being tested good at the moment and a great way for everybody to find out how it works prior to signing up for the future nanocar supported by the bitassets.

Bottom line is I hope that we can have a card out there within a few months counting on all of you guys to start making a run on exchange creating ongoing transactions on both buy and sell walls.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Thanks very much for your comments, I appreciate them all, sorry for not getting back to you any earlier..

How about calling it like this:

A SmartCoin™ Debit NanoCard MasterCard with no volatility risk – A possible Gamechanger! - http://www.reddit.com/r/BitShares/comments/394zoc/a_smartcoin_debit_nanocard_mastercard_with_no/

I'm not very fond of this new SmartCoin term tbh.

Other than that, will the NanoCard take advantage of https://bitshares.github.io/technology/recurring-and-scheduled-payments/ ?

If so, forget the moon.. we're going to Betelgeuse!

Do you have an idea when the bitEUR/USD/CNY cards will be available?

And, what else do you need to begin working on making a UnionPay card available?
As you know the Chinese guys are full force in crypto, once the news of the new features percolates a little bit, you will no doubt face heavy competition from Chinese exchanges who'll offer similar products.

If you guys want to capture that market, you gotta act now!

:)

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Some kind of UIA backed by the trust that a group of elected delegates/oracles will sign the appropriate multisig transaction to issue profits to investors?
Sound great but may come with legal difficulties depending on the operating country ..
maybe also add @Shentist and @monsterer to that discussion ..

Thats right.  I considered doing this but I'm really just not interested in the legal headache it might require.  I'm sure someone will eventually though.

Do you know how one could arbitrage CCEDK against the DEX?
I'm looking for instructions that shareholders can follow
I am not a trader .. maybe @riverhead or @xeldal can help out here .. afaik they run market makers on the DEX

The obvious Arb routes (that involve the DEX) I'm seeing are:

CCEDK_buy(BitUSD:USD)  =>  DEX_buy(BTS:BitUSD)  => CCEDK_sell(BTS:USD)
CCEDK_buy(BitEUR:EUR)  =>  DEX_buy(BTS:BitEUR)  => CCEDK_sell(BTS:EUR)
and the reverse of each

There are other routes that don't involve the DEX of course and others that arn't true arbitrage, but "close enough".
Thanks very much!

With all the regulation in developed financial nations, emerging economies will have a significant advantages in things like this.
Maybe the exchange BTC-e would be interested in offering an arbitrage fund that its users could invest in
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Xeldal

Some kind of UIA backed by the trust that a group of elected delegates/oracles will sign the appropriate multisig transaction to issue profits to investors?
Sound great but may come with legal difficulties depending on the operating country ..

Thats right.  I considered doing this but I'm really just not interested in the legal headache it might require.  I'm sure someone will eventually though.

Do you know how one could arbitrage CCEDK against the DEX?
I'm looking for instructions that shareholders can follow
I am not a trader .. maybe @riverhead or @xeldal can help out here .. afaik they run market makers on the DEX

The obvious Arb routes (that involve the DEX) I'm seeing are:

CCEDK_buy(BitUSD:USD)  =>  DEX_buy(BTS:BitUSD)  => CCEDK_sell(BTS:USD)
CCEDK_buy(BitEUR:EUR)  =>  DEX_buy(BTS:BitEUR)  => CCEDK_sell(BTS:EUR)
and the reverse of each

There are other routes that don't involve the DEX of course and others that arn't true arbitrage, but "close enough".

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc