Author Topic: [BitShares 2.0 Technologies] Referral Rewards Program (Discussion)  (Read 10956 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
My concern is that I think that the referral program should not be open-ended.

It has to be in my opinion. if we want professional marketers to devote time and money to this, they need at least a guaranteed income stream.

Anyways, I'd support a 60/20/20 proposal.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
My concern is that I think that the referral program should not be open-ended. There could be a fixed period of time set for it to operate to generate viral growth (which could be extended if necessary).

Then should come a point at which BitShares will grow on its own merits as the best system available (ie., once there is a critical mass of users), and then ALL of the transaction fees should go to the blockchain (be burned) to grow the value of our investments. After all, the DAC is meant to be profitable for the shareholders, not just for marketers (referrers), especially after they are no longer needed.

For example, I don't think that anyone is still be paid to refer new users to paypal, are they?

they allocation of the fees of 80/20 can by vote in the future change, so it would be possible to vote 0/100 or maybe introduce burning as a 3rd option as well. In the beginning 80/20/0 (referal/network/burning) later we could vote for something like (0/10/90)

Offline onceuponatime

My concern is that I think that the referral program should not be open-ended. There could be a fixed period of time set for it to operate to generate viral growth (which could be extended if necessary).

Then should come a point at which BitShares will grow on its own merits as the best system available (ie., once there is a critical mass of users), and then ALL of the transaction fees should go to the blockchain (be burned) to grow the value of our investments. After all, the DAC is meant to be profitable for the shareholders, not just for marketers (referrers), especially after they are no longer needed.

For example, I don't think that anyone is still be paid to refer new users to paypal, are they?

clout

What this is missing is an incentive system for market makers.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I hope there will be a short tutorial on how to use the program :)

Also,

1. https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/unlockwallet?r=fav-marketing would this be the correct link for webwallet?

2. the internal webwallet should give some hints in regards to naming. just tried it and the faucet gave me a "only cheap names can be registered please choose another one" - BUT the webwallet wouldn't let me add another one until the first is registered.

And 3.
What about current referrals? Will they be transferred?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BitShares 2.0 Technologies
Referral Rewards Program

Rapidly grow network effect by incentivising mass adoption
BitShares has an advanced referral program built into the software. Financial networks derive their value mostly from their network effect. The more people that use the same network the more value that network has to the users. BitShares rewards those who sign up new users that actually use the network and does so in a fully transparent and automated way.

full length
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:31:59 pm by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »