Author Topic: [BitShares 2.0 Technologies] Transferable Named Accounts (Discussion)  (Read 5490 times)

Offline ninja

• View Profile
I tried to make it clear so please confirm my questions as below:
  • Will the previous name in BTS v0.x will be kept/migrated to v2.0? eg, my register name is "diamond" will be "diamond" after migration.
  • How about the AGS that linked to the previous account? I imported the AGS (PST/BTC wallet key) and linked it to my account in v0.x then in 2.0 I transfer to another person, how can I keep my AGS linking? I just want to sell the name only

1. every name registered prior to the announcement will stay
2. good question... I think the name is not bound to your account key.

If it is your confirmation, that would be great. If not, BTS will not honor the AGS after the v2 release, will it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:54:19 am by ninja »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
  • Will the previous name in BTS v0.x will be kept/migrated to v2.0? eg, my register name is "diamond" will be "diamond" after migration.
  • How about the AGS that linked to the previous account? I imported the AGS (PST/BTC wallet key) and linked it to my account in v0.x then in 2.0 I transfer to another person, how can I keep my AGS linking? I just want to sell the name only

1. every name registered prior to the announcement will stay
2. good question... I think the name is not bound to your account key.

Offline ninja

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
now many people hold many short name , of course me too,  but I think it is a waste , some suggestion about it 
all the name in BTS1.0 would add a prefix. like "B-"
name register fee would been different as length like play now.

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
what about account status? Like lifetime upgrades, can we transfer them with the account or will this be wiped together with tx and other details?

Offline logxing

Is that mean  names registered before 6.8 can not be transfered?
We know many quality names were hold by only a few people. Is that unfair if they can transfer them directly?
BTS Account:logxing

Offline bytemaster

If reputations (when available) are linked to named accounts, can transferability be abused, and how do you avoid such abuse?

https://bitshares.github.io/technology/transferable-named-accounts/
"When users transfer an account name to another user, they use a special transaction that clears all of the links in the web-of-trust. Both the buyer and the seller are protected by this fact, because simply updating the key that controls a named account does not signify a legal change in ownership."

Wouldn't we also need to resurrect old reputations if users wish to re-enter the web of trust under a new account name?

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/35
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
If reputations (when available) are linked to named accounts, can transferability be abused, and how do you avoid such abuse?

"When users transfer an account name to another user, they use a special transaction that clears all of the links in the web-of-trust. Both the buyer and the seller are protected by this fact, because simply updating the key that controls a named account does not signify a legal change in ownership."

Wouldn't we also need to resurrect old reputations if users wish to re-enter the web of trust under a new account name?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Only premium accounts registered after today will get a prefix, everyone else migrates unchanged.
my mistake, thanks :)

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

Only premium accounts registered after today will get a prefix, everyone else migrates unchanged.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Will founders retain their account identity as is?  Or will they also have a prefix?  Mine are unbelievably valuable to me!

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

My question:
As Stan stated here account names that were registered before the 8th will be migrated unchanged. That means squatters that registered accounts before 8th are going to get away with it?

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
can we persist some name that used for business?
like: btsbots, transwiser

oh my goodness this is all gonna take my feeble mind a while to digest.

am I understanding this one small part correctly, is there going to be a race for valuable account names for DNS purposes?

all names registered after today will have a prefix appended to them.

That TODO item got lost in the rush to get this info out.

but once the migration occurs such a race will happen?

Perhaps, but quality names will cost much more.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BitShares 2.0 Technologies
Transferable Named Accounts

Easy and secure transactions
Named accounts enable users to easily remember and communicate their account information. We don't use IP addresses to browse the internet or numbers to identify our email, so why shouldn't we have human-friendly account names for our financial transactions?

full length
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:30:29 pm by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »