Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO ANN RUMOURS!  (Read 8667 times)

Offline Riverhead

didn't they say they're going to post the announcement prior to the hangout? time's running out
Still got 5 hours  8)

Mumble is at 4pm, announcement post will be shortly after noon. BM mentioned he wanted to give the community a few hours to digest before the call.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
didn't they say they're going to post the announcement prior to the hangout? time's running out
Still got 5 hours  8)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Some kind of partner that will provide bitUSD liquidity or utility

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Possible Official Puppy of BitShares

This guy is adorable.  Is he Powered by Bitshares?

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
The core team have heard the message over and over how in the past, announcements have been underwhelming and/or there has been a failure to deliver.  I've always felt that despite some issues, they have always achieved the opposite.  Nevertheless, my money is on a mind-boggling array of technical improvements that have been scheduled for launch over the next couple of months, alongside several branches of technical innovation being explored, together with a run-down of new collaborations/partnerships made and being sought.  There will be a road map for release of what they know/have now, coupled with a road map for release of pipe-line.  There will be suggestions for how best to move forward as a community given the opportunities these developments will afford. 

The tide has pulled right back to the horizon, get ready for the tsunami  ;D

Offline Riverhead

Anyone's guess of course however my hope is that the protocol has been tweaked over the last couple months to support the business needs of an unknown, until today, VC.

My hope, more like WISHes as well...

My expectations - plans plans and more plans for great new features. Those new features are, as BM likes to say, 'are already supported on blockchain level' and/or 'almost done'.

Those 2 terms my experience show to translate roughly to:
'already supported on blockchain level'  = 'existing in BM's head only' 
'almost done' = 'will never be implemented for various reasons after 6 mo. of deep thinking about them'

Every silver lining has a cloud hahah. I thought it was exactly due to that perception that this new format was implemented.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Anyone's guess of course however my hope is that the protocol has been tweaked over the last couple months to support the business needs of an unknown, until today, VC.

My hope, more like WISHes as well...

My expectations - plans plans and more plans for great new features. Those new features are, as BM likes to say, 'are already supported on blockchain level' and/or 'almost done'.

Those 2 terms my experience show to translate roughly to:
'already supported on blockchain level'  = 'existing in BM's head only' 
'almost done' = 'will never be implemented for various reasons after 6 mo. of deep thinking about them'

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:50:04 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
anouncement that the anouncement will be end of month    :o

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:21:48 pm by infovortice2013 »
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Gavin Andresen announces that he will be moving to Bitshares core development team.

Offline Thom

I have heard zilch from other delegates or anywhere else that a new version of code is being rolled out today.

So my best guess is it will take place gradually. I also tend to agree with DSN that we'll not see any roll out of DPoS 2.0 very quickly, for most of the same reasons.

What will the deployment look like? Aside from it not happening quickly (which is probably a good thing, as it gives the community time to discuss the changes before they are thrown into the wild) it also leads me to believe all this build up without a hint about hard forks or a plan for delegates to update their nodes, is part of a comprehensive marketing drive, and that will be the primary delivery today, plus perhaps the work that's gone into press releases and documentation of various types.

Right now BitShares software is at version 0.9.2. What will version 1.0 contain and when will it be available to the delegates and community at large? Will 1.0 be radically different requiring all to upgrade or backwards compatible with 0.9.2 to allow for a gradual changeover?

Soon we will find out. IMO it will be a gradual change taking place not in a day like today but rather much longer. How much longer? I believe that will be answered today.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

I've thought about this and it's what I'd like to happen but I think today's announcement will be 100% technical. A road map too.

With the CCDEK announcement a few days ago BM was upfront with announcing this new information as quickly as possible. Possibly to avoid accusations of insider trading, which has now morhped into a meme BitShares Insider Trading Network - Visit https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16622.0.html for all your bts sekruts.

So I think a VC partnership or something "big" that isn't a technical improvement would have been announced in a similarly immediate way.

I'm hoping for a referral program and detailed and easy to read information that shareholders can present to existing companies to on-board them as BitShares customers.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline mint chocolate chip

Using this coachspeak

But obv

Offline Riverhead

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

FIRST!

I think we are going to get more details on the refer program.. and get a better roadmap of things to come.

I think we are still FAR from the DPOS 2.0 stuff.. like maybe later this year far.

I think BitAssets 2.0 might be closer though.. we may see that coming sooner.

These are all opinions I have expressed in different places about this whole big announcement stuff.

I also suspect we might actually have a REAL PUPPY.. Since Stan has been so vocal about our love of them in bitcointalk. :) What shall we name him? I say we call him mini-Stan. :)

Possible Official Puppy of BitShares

Your turn.. what do you think it will be?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+