Author Topic: Bitshares 2.0 - 100,000 TPS - Please scream this from the rooftops!  (Read 3815 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Second, can we please organize a social media campaign to get the 100,000 TPS on the headlines?

Let's Cassify!

i'll prepare some graphics and asap!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Second, can we please organize a social media campaign to get the 100,000 TPS on the headlines?

i'll prepare some graphics and asap!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I just read the whole website, my mind is blown.

The devs have absolutely crushed every other crypto out there.

BTS 2.0 literally makes a global decentralized financial platform viable.

Please add scalable to 6,000,000 TPS to the viral push - apparently the platform can scale insanely well.

Careful!   While LMAX has scaled to 6M they have less work to do for each operation than a blockchain has.    While I have no doubt we can get to 1M with proper optimizations, there are still many unknowns that may bring things back down.   Lets stay conservative and not "overhype" things.   We benchmark at 180,000 TPS but are only publish 100,000 TPS because that is more conservative.   We have a lot to learn and need some head room.

Alright, so let's throw a 1,000,000 TPS future possible into the mix. Just in case someone says BTC can get to a 100k too...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
100000 is enough to be ahead of the credit card companies, and blows bitcoin out of the water, even a proposed upgraded bitcoin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Please add scalable to 6,000,000 TPS to the viral push - apparently the platform can scale insanely well.

Careful!   While LMAX has scaled to 6M they have less work to do for each operation than a blockchain has.    While I have no doubt we can get to 1M with proper optimizations, there are still many unknowns that may bring things back down.   Lets stay conservative and not "overhype" things.   We benchmark at 180,000 TPS but are only publish 100,000 TPS because that is more conservative.   We have a lot to learn and need some head room. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Read the article again .. 100k TPS is possible TODAY!! with regular hardware!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
First off, huge congratulations to the devs and all who contributed to this milestone!

I, being old and stodgy, don't do FB, twitter, reddit etc. but to anyone that owns BTS and has accounts with these services please start throwing this number around.

The timing could not be more opportune with BTC's current flap over block size and scalability.

BTS will instantly grab headlines as "BTC can't get consensus to scale to a few thousand TPS; BTS has 100,000 baked in and does everything BTC does, better."

Go forth!

With confirmation times around one second and throughput over 100,000 transactions per second, it nearly doubles the max capacity of VISA's 56,000 peak** throughput and is over 50 times faster than VISA's current average load of 2000 transactions per second**.  Bitcoin currently maxes out at 7 transactions per second (with upgrade to 4000 tps feasible under certain assumptions).**

**https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
1 second confirmation and 100,000 TPS.  That's huge.

This is an even more important feature than stable cryptocurrency assets or anything else. 
We will now have the raw speed needed to be the payment processor of the future.

Bitcoin cant agree on a solution to get past 7 TPS, and this is why its stuck in a rut.  We will just blow past them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Discussion are welcome here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16746.0.html

Besides that: I totally agree! Let's get a marketing offensive started!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
First off, huge congratulations to the devs and all who contributed to this milestone!

I, being old and stodgy, don't do FB, twitter, reddit etc. but to anyone that owns BTS and has accounts with these services please start throwing this number around.

The timing could not be more opportune with BTC's current flap over block size and scalability.

BTS will instantly grab headlines as "BTC can't get consensus to scale to a few thousand TPS; BTS has 100,000 baked in and does everything BTC does, better."

Go forth!