Author Topic: 58 delegates - New update - INDEXES of Hang Seng, Shenzhen Composite, and Nikke  (Read 27295 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I released version 0.2.9 of my tools which now publish the prices for those indices in BTS instead of their native currencies. I would suggest to wait until the other scripts are updated and then tell all the delegates to upgrade. Let's get those markets open!

What are the transaction fees now?

iHashFury

Offline wackou

I released version 0.2.9 of my tools which now publish the prices for those indices in BTS instead of their native currencies. I would suggest to wait until the other scripts are updated and then tell all the delegates to upgrade. Let's get those markets open!

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Also it would be unfair to those that are long .. or short depending the direction you correct the feed to

Offline monsterer

And I have one last (small) concern/question: let's suppose we get a hardfork that fixes the asset precision before BitShares 2.0 gets released. What will we do then:
 - leave it as is
 - revert to the original pricing?

Although probably we only need to start thinking about it if we get this hardfork (not sure it's a high-priority for core devs at the moment, understandably so)

I say leave it - otherwise any existing orders on the book would be put in danger.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline wackou

SHANGHAI gone from yahoo ??

SHANGHAI has ticker "000001.SS" on yahoo (a bit tricky to find, but it's there). It is however not available through their API (bug?), so I now scrape the yahoo page instead of querying the API directly in order to get this feed.

So if no-one is against it and speaks up in the coming days, I will implement solution 2 in my bts_tools. Then, when Xeroc and Alt have done so also, we need to get the delegates to upgrade again.

And I have one last (small) concern/question: let's suppose we get a hardfork that fixes the asset precision before BitShares 2.0 gets released. What will we do then:
 - leave it as is
 - revert to the original pricing?

Although probably we only need to start thinking about it if we get this hardfork (not sure it's a high-priority for core devs at the moment, understandably so)

Offline monsterer

what will the fees cost?

0.01 NASDAQC = ?
0.01 HANGSENG  = ?
0.01 NIKKEI = ?
0.01 SHENZHEN = ?
0.01 SHANGHAI = ?

With BTS pricing:

0.01 NASDAQC = 50 BTS
0.01 HANGSENG = 266 BTS
0.01 NIKKEI = 204 BTS
0.01 SHENZHEN =  29 BTS

So, these are perhaps a little high still :|

High but trade-able.

So for the record, I'm for Option 2, 3, 1 (in that order) until Bitshares 2.0 kicks in

Ok! Yeah, I vote for 2 (BTS pricing), then we can have the minimum quantity of the assets adjusted in the next hard fork, be that bitshares 1, or 2 :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

iHashFury

what will the fees cost?

0.01 NASDAQC = ?
0.01 HANGSENG  = ?
0.01 NIKKEI = ?
0.01 SHENZHEN = ?
0.01 SHANGHAI = ?

With BTS pricing:

0.01 NASDAQC = 50 BTS
0.01 HANGSENG = 266 BTS
0.01 NIKKEI = 204 BTS
0.01 SHENZHEN =  29 BTS

High but trade-able.

So for the record, I'm for Option 2, 3, 1 (in that order) until Bitshares 2.0 kicks in

Offline monsterer

what will the fees cost?

0.01 NASDAQC = ?
0.01 HANGSENG  = ?
0.01 NIKKEI = ?
0.01 SHENZHEN = ?
0.01 SHANGHAI = ?

With BTS pricing:

0.01 NASDAQC = 50 BTS
0.01 HANGSENG = 266 BTS
0.01 NIKKEI = 204 BTS
0.01 SHENZHEN =  29 BTS

iHashFury

A little too profitable  :o

with option 2

price in BTS

Cons:

* Prices will be less familiar to the chinese traders if a /CNY market becomes available

Pros:

* Cheap to do
* Purity of pricing in BTS, just like the other MPAs

what will the fees cost?

0.01 NASDAQC = ?
0.01 HANGSENG  = ?
0.01 NIKKEI = ?
0.01 SHENZHEN = ?
0.01 SHANGHAI = ?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Transaction Fee to Cover Short Position is also 0.01 BitNASDAQC - currently 7,400.36 BTS

I haven't thought this through   :(
Bitshares is a damn profitable DAC :P

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline wackou

Which is the simplest option to get everyone trading?

They both have the same complexity because you have to get all the delegates to update their scripts again either way. Here are some pros/cons:

new MPAs

Cons:

* Cost of registration for new MPA names is 5000 BTS / name
* Redundency - the first set of MPAs will continue to exist, with the better names, since the new ones would need to be unique

Pros:

* Can keep the CNY 1:1 pricing

price in BTS

Cons:

* Prices will be less familiar to the chinese traders if a /CNY market becomes available

Pros:

* Cheap to do
* Purity of pricing in BTS, just like the other MPAs

Scale existing CNY pricing down by 1000 (or some other number)

Cons:

* Prices will be unfamiliar to the chinese traders
* Feels dirty

Pros:

* Cheap to do

We're a little bit stuck between a rock and a hard place here...

That's a pretty accurate overview of what our options are, as far as I can tell. None feels perfect, but this should be solved in BitShares 2.0 anyway and in the meantime, I would also slightly prefer the 2nd option, same as Monsterer, it seems the cleanest and has another advantage if we do it: price value shown on the screen will be same in BitShares 0.9.x (as priced in BTS) and in BitShares 2.0 (as it will be priced in the native currency, but the main market will also be ASSET/NATIVE_CUR instead of ASSET/BTS, so the displayed value ends up being the same).

If we have a consensus on the way forward, then I will implement it as soon as possible, but we should wait for all scripts to be updated (xeroc, alt) in the same way before telling the delegates to upgrade, so as to try not to have a broken feed (some delegates publishing in BTS, some publishing in CNY, JPY, ...)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
To clarify this .. the assets should have had a precision of at least the precision of the denominated asset .. e.g. shenzen in cny .. nikkei in hkd ...

Nikkei is in Japan, so yen.

Xeroc, how about the size, 0.00001 or ?
Fixed ..

i am not a trader .. and i dont see we can change the precision without a hardfork ..

If you mean we will have to get 51 delegates again, I understand and will help

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
To clarify this .. the assets should have had a precision of at least the precision of the denominated asset .. e.g. shenzen in cny .. nikkei in hkd ...

Nikkei is in Japan, so yen.

Xeroc, how about the size, 0.00001 or ?
Fixed ..

i am not a trader .. and i dont see we can change the precision without a hardfork ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
... btw .. has anyone tried paying the cover fee in BTS? Shouldnt that be possible to?