Author Topic: [Account maintenance costs]  (Read 3242 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I just noticed your $8 million bank account.  Are you going to be using this to complete the funding for the Moonstone project?

I understand that your current cash burn rate only allows for a few years of development at current prices, but the growth you would get from such an investment must have crossed your mind.

I can't help but read this in Erlich's voice.

You're not supposed to acknowledge him  8)
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Xeldal

Can we get some hard facts here?

Lifetime members pay X to get Y
Members pay X / month (year?) to get W
Users pay 0 to get Z

BitShares™ has several different kinds of accounts: Basic Account, Annual Member, and Lifetime Member.

Basic Accounts are free, but do not qualify for the referral program, nor any cash back on transaction fees.

Annual Members pay a subscription fee of $20/year and earn 50% cash back on every fee they pay. They also qualify for up to 50% of the fees paid by anyone they refer to the network until their subscription expires. 30% of every fee paid by an annual member or any account they refer is paid to a Lifetime Member.

Lifetime Members pay $100 and earn 80% cash back on every fee they pay. They also qualify for 80% of the fees paid by Basic Accounts they refer to the network. Additionally, they qualify for 30% of every fee paid by any Annual Member they have referred. In the event of a subscription expiration, the referral income falls back to the nearest Lifetime Member in the referral history.

https://bitshares.org/referral-program/

Offline monsterer

Can we get some hard facts here?

Lifetime members pay X to get Y
Members pay X / month (year?) to get W
Users pay 0 to get Z
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Russ Hanneman

I just noticed your $8 million bank account.  Are you going to be using this to complete the funding for the Moonstone project?

I understand that your current cash burn rate only allows for a few years of development at current prices, but the growth you would get from such an investment must have crossed your mind.

I can't help but read this in Erlich's voice.
HOW I MAKE OVER $120,000 A YEAR WITH BITCOIN ... http://goo.gl/mKwC3i
BitShares Insider Trading Network - Join Today! ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16622.0.html

Offline theoretical

I believe the transaction fees levied will be set by the elected delegates who collectively control the genesis account authority. So it could be cheaper if the shareholders will it to be.

This.  We're going to great lengths to make many of the parameters settable by the delegates.  In times past, some have looked negatively on changes made by the developers.  With chain parameters, we will have the technical means for many different potential changes to be implemented by the network without developer involvement, including the fee schedule.

The key to growth is user acquisition, and the key to user acquisition is incentivizing marketers to help us acquire users.  Diluting to fund this incentive is unsustainable, funding it through fees means that each individual marketer's pay is tightly coupled to performance and the system is fiscally sound (incentives to acquire new users < fees from new users).  In order for this to work, the incentive must be high enough, therefore fees must be high enough.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Can someone break this down?
I guess you are referring to a short order .. the maintenance cost is the cost you need to not be margin called or force settled ... hence you may not be the short order with the lease collateral ..

No, the website refers to several different tiers of bitshares account ownership, the lowest being free, with no transaction fee rebate and the highest being $100 for life.

as i read it

user - basic: pays for a transaction 0.2 Dollars if you upgrade to Lifetime membership for 100 USD this transaction fee is 0.04 Dollars or 4 Cent.

In terms of now you pay 5.6 BTS each transaction on the Lifetime membership tier and on User level 28 BTS

what i don't get - with 0.20 Dollar each transaction every basic user - micropayment is dead!

Where did you read that?

http://bitshares.github.io/technology/stakeholder-approved-project-funding/

Members pay fees similar to Bitcoin ($0.04 per transaction), while users pay fees similar to Dwolla ($0.20 per transaction) or centralized exchanges (0.2% of trade volume).

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I guess you are referring to a short order .. the maintenance cost is the cost you need to not be margin called or force settled ... hence you may not be the short order with the lease collateral ..

No, the website refers to several different tiers of bitshares account ownership, the lowest being free, with no transaction fee rebate and the highest being $100 for life.

as i read it

user - basic: pays for a transaction 0.2 Dollars if you upgrade to Lifetime membership for 100 USD this transaction fee is 0.04 Dollars or 4 Cent.

In terms of now you pay 5.6 BTS each transaction on the Lifetime membership tier and on User level 28 BTS

what i don't get - with 0.20 Dollar each transaction every basic user - micropayment is dead!

Where did you read that?

I believe the transaction fees levied will be set by the elected delegates who collectively control the genesis account authority. So it could be cheaper if the shareholders will it to be.

^^ This.. everything we are getting in terms of how things will work are a starting point as near as I can tell and still subject to further feedback. Going forward though once we are operational this can all change via the community vote on a delegate proposal.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline robrigo

as i read it

Where did you read that?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

as i read it

Where did you read that?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

as i read it

Offline monsterer

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline monsterer