Author Topic: BitShares 2.0 license  (Read 3164 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
So if you want to use the toolkit to build a service or company within the existing Bitshares network (on the same blockchain) then you can use it for free.  If you want to build a new network (on a different blockchain) and you sharedrop according to the social consensus, then you can use it for free.  If you want to steal (overzealous) use other people's hard work and turn your back on the community and existing network, then you can contribute to the development, build on the existing technology and pay for a license.  If that is the idea then i'm all for it.  Network effect is everything because if the network can mature, anything is possible.

That is it (more or less). 

+5%
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:23:06 pm by cass »
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline bytemaster

So if you want to use the toolkit to build a service or company within the existing Bitshares network (on the same blockchain) then you can use it for free.  If you want to build a new network (on a different blockchain) and you sharedrop according to the social consensus, then you can use it for free.  If you want to steal (overzealous) use other people's hard work and turn your back on the community and existing network, then you can contribute to the development, build on the existing technology and pay for a license.  If that is the idea then i'm all for it.  Network effect is everything because if the network can mature, anything is possible.

That is it (more or less). 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:23:16 pm by cass »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:04:21 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline bytemaster

The BitShares blockchain will have a unrestricted license so it should only impact those that would like clone new blockchains.

Does that include new DACs based on the new code base?

Guess not .. they have to buy a license .. </wildguess>

Correct, any other blockchains built on the code will have to buy a license.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The BitShares blockchain will have a unrestricted license so it should only impact those that would like clone new blockchains.

Guess not .. they have to buy a license .. </wildguess>
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:23:51 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline monsterer

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:23:35 pm by cass »
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

"draft-license" that was accidentally committed. 

Actual license is temporary and still under development. 

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:22:50 pm by cass »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:22:39 pm by cass »