Author Topic: Sidechains should be a priority for bitshares.  (Read 17868 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Sidechains alpha code was released yesterday.
I believe bit assets need to be collateralised with bitcoin instead of bitshares and sidechains will allow for this.
Holders of bitshares will cry because using bitshares as collateral instead means the price should rise more as bit assets are adopted.

What a surprise, someone with the name 'johnny bitcoin' thinks that Bitshares should make itself worthless in order to help Bitcoin.

But the truth is that bitcoin will be the collateral for the most commonly used USD derivative as it is the biggest most liquid and most trusted crypto.
Bitshares need to make btc the default collateral for bit assets or another USD derivative will take its place.

Indeed, Bitshares holders should jump at the opportunity to make their BTS worthless so that they can help out BTC holders.  That just sounds like a great idea. 

Also everyone in the bitshares community should take all our hard earned fiat and buy Bitcoins with it and then send them to a burn address, so that we end up with nothing and help out bitcoiners.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Sidechains alpha code was released yesterday.
I believe bit assets need to be collateralised with bitcoin instead of bitshares and sidechains will allow for this.
Holders of bitshares will cry because using bitshares as collateral instead means the price should rise more as bit assets are adopted.

But the truth is that bitcoin will be the collateral for the most commonly used USD derivative as it is the biggest most liquid and most trusted crypto.
Bitshares need to make btc the default collateral for bit assets or another USD derivative will take its place.
just saying.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares