Author Topic: Dilution  (Read 1313 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
No, it's not introducing more dilution.  The eventual hardfork will not increase the current supply in circulation, nor will it increase the maximum future amount in circulation.  The max potential is still about 3.7 billion, which will most likely never be reached because shareholders would have to keep voting consistently for high paid workers beyond fee revenue.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. :) And I'm guessing the vesting is limited by a similar rate to the current distribution. Ok. I like it.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
No, it's not introducing more dilution.  The eventual hardfork will not increase the current supply in circulation, nor will it increase the maximum future amount in circulation.  The max potential is still about 3.7 billion, which will most likely never be reached because shareholders would have to keep voting consistently for high paid workers beyond fee revenue.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
So is BTS 2.0 introducing more dilution? Current supply for BTS is 2.5B, I remember seeing something about 1.5B for development that vests.

Not only that but claiming that this is roughly $8M at current price level. I find this calculation a bit irresponsible as it assumes you can just print money without causing the price to go down. But that's OK, if stakeholders can vote on that distribution, i.e. they vote that the work done will increase the value more than the dilution for each project.

So, am I correct in assuming that how that 1.5B is distributed to projects is to be voted by the stakeholders? And can we get an official statement from the current dev team as to what their current stake and skin in the game is?