Author Topic: BTS 2.0 Collect Vest Time (Affiliate)  (Read 1386 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Update: bytemaster said in the last hangout that they will change the default vesting period to 1 month.

Offline mint chocolate chip

How about 0? I still do not understand the necessity of vesting referral income. Seems to me it makes the whole referral thing just that much more convoluted while trying in a roundabout way to level the playing field. Trying to reduce marketers' potential options for enticing new members does not make much sense when the whole point is to get more users into the system.

This is what vesting is trying to prevent?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:12:42 pm by bitsharesblog.com »

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Can we please get an explanation on the attack vector as to why affiliates should wait a year?  Waiting a year for a paycheck is something that should be reserved for founders of companies, not affiliates.  This will seriously deter those who want to market for BitShares.  1 month sounds way more reasonable.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Can I please check, is this the vesting time for all BTS funds once the new blockchain goes live? oops, just noticed the (affiliate) bit! Nevermind.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:14:01 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The default vesting time will be 12 months, however, we will be able to vote on the period.

I caught some ideas in other threads, I think it's a good idea to discuss several proposals beforehand. Hopefully we will have a direct impact once the voting is live.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:17:14 pm by fav »