Author Topic: RealityKeys useful for prediction markets?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline SatoshiFantasy

• View Profile
Now that BM has said that the tools will be available in 2.0 for prediction markets, I thought this data feed provider might be interesting, which I came across elsewhere...
https://www.realitykeys.com

Have been looking at this for a while. I believe this is tied to https://www.freebase.com/. Was hoping to use it for my Satoshi Fantasy.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
+5% Bitcoin PM's seem to have gained limited success but I would be excited about prediction markets too.

While BitAssets 2.0 will be huge, it might take a while. BitAssets thus far have gained limited traction (BitReserve $1.7 million, NuBits - $0.6 million BTS 1.0 - $0.3 million)

However in terms of volume, profit and user numbers many new Bitcoin gambling sites dwarf BTS.  But the BTS 2.0 specs can compete with centralized sites on performance and BitUSD + a decentralized blockchain (fairness, security, privacy, volatility and price) can decimate Bitcoin's largest industry. 

So  anything like PM's, Games and creative ways to add gambling I would be in favour of. This is where the money and opportunity to rapidly bootstrap BitAssets is imo.

Decentralized gambling + trustless referral program. Whoever has the skills to make this happen will get filthy rich.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% Bitcoin PM's seem to have gained limited success but I would be excited about prediction markets too.

While BitAssets 2.0 will be huge, it might take a while. BitAssets thus far have gained limited traction (BitReserve $1.7 million, NuBits - $0.6 million BTS 1.0 - $0.3 million)

However in terms of volume, profit and user numbers many new Bitcoin gambling sites dwarf BTS.  But the BTS 2.0 specs can compete with centralized sites on performance and BitUSD + a decentralized blockchain (fairness, security, privacy, volatility and price) can decimate Bitcoin's largest industry. 

So  anything like PM's, Games and creative ways to add gambling I would be in favour of. This is where the money and opportunity to rapidly bootstrap BitAssets is imo.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:23:14 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
That looks pretty promising.

I've very excited about prediciton markets in Bitshares. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
How it works
Register an event to track. We can currently monitor exchange rates, crypto-currency transactions or any of the 39 million topics in Freebase, all based on publicly available APIs.
We issue two Reality Keys ™, one for Yes and one for No. We keep the private keys and publish the public keys, which you can use to create an encrypted message or a Bitcoin contract.
We wait until the date you specified when you created the fact.
We perform an automated check against the appropriate API and publish the result.
In the event that anyone thinks the result from the API was wrong, they can pay us a fee and a human will double-check. Otherwise the result provided by the API will stand.
We publish the private key for the winning result. You can use it to decrypt your message or complete a Bitcoin contract. The private key for the losing result is never released.

You can follow any proposition you can construct using WikiData.

WikiData replaces our previous FreeBase data source, which has been discontinued by Google.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:44:27 am by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Now that BM has said that the tools will be available in 2.0 for prediction markets, I thought this data feed provider might be interesting, which I came across elsewhere...
https://www.realitykeys.com