Author Topic: [INPUT] HowTo BitShares 15 Minute Presentation  (Read 2869 times)

Offline fuzzy

Jabba has his server that enables people to attend via web-browser.  I'm sure he would be fine with you linking it up as well.  ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I'm glad to hear that! Good to see people still getting good use of them ;)
I'll need to work up a new one for 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wait on that until the dust settles a bit. :)

During my presentation I kinda had to put everything I know about 2.0 out of my head and just talk about the present. At the end I just mentioned a 2.0 version coming late this year that will handle double the transaction capacity of visa mastercard. Eyebrows raised when I said that.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

I'm glad to hear that! Good to see people still getting good use of them ;)
I'll need to work up a new one for 2.0

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

About to present.. Thanks to AJ for his awesome trifolder I am using to help give them a takeaway.

That's awesome! I wish u had contacted me before hand so I could have customize them for your meeting with additional links/info. But I hope the meeting went well none the less!!! +5

It's ok it did the trick. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

About to present.. Thanks to AJ for his awesome trifolder I am using to help give them a takeaway.

That's awesome! I wish u had contacted me before hand so I could have customize them for your meeting with additional links/info. But I hope the meeting went well none the less!!! +5

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

What happen:

I decided to use the Infographic for my visual as I talked about BitShares. I never worked with them on an overhead projector before.

So it started out good I think.. I started going into it.. but then I started to get to further into the Infographic slides only to discover on an overhead, they shrink.. badly.. to the point that even myself standing right beside the overhead projection couldn't make out what was being displayed.

At that point I got thrown off.. I filled in the general ideas of each one but without the visual aids it made it more difficult for the audience to understand.

Following the whole thing I handed out the trifolder brochure and encouraged everyone to create a wallet.

It was being videoed, and I expect to get a copy of it by tomorrow. I will review it and see if it's worth releasing or not.

Nonetheless.. it was interesting the kind of questions that came back and the reactions I got from those that were listening.

The biggest question had was how to BUY BitShares.. and as you all know.. this is no easy process. I attempted to explain about what gateways were and exchanges.. but to a local business person who doesn't deal with online transactions.. it sounds strange.

The Infographic really speaks to people who know what Bitcoin is, or crypto in general. So it's practical application is lost to a typical business person because they don't really care about the fluctuating value of crypto currencies.. which the Infographic really emphasizes as the primary value add.

So lesson learned.. don't use the infographic for overhead visuals during a presentation. :)

Next week I will be giving a similar presentation, this time about BunkerShares and SAFE.

Now that I went through this learning experience, I am going to make sure the materials I prepare for the overhead are going to be optimized specifically for the overhead projector.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notice anything interesting about this photo? :)

https://www.facebook.com/Debert.Diefenbunker/photos/a.102502873253779.80.100118290158904/345836265587104/?type=1

Just spent the whole afternoon with all the Economic Developers of my province.. talked about the bunker.. bitshares.. bunkershares.. went really well I think. They asked me to email them info about bunkershares. :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Eccellent suggestions so far. Looking forward to seeing what you do and then perhaps using it as a template for others to use.

Haha.. no pressure. :)

I got the entire province of economic development converging on the bunker in 30 minutes.

Had an enlightening lunch with them all.

You have no idea how badly government needs bitshares. :) .. especially municipal.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Eccellent suggestions so far. Looking forward to seeing what you do and then perhaps using it as a template for others to use.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Maybe using the infographic as a base for a powerpoint. It sounds like perfect for a 15 min presentation.

We are producing tutorials with my team right now and we already have something decent for the "installing and registering account on the client"
It's in french but we can make you an english one quickly and upload it so you can use it after or during your presentation if you need it.

This is our old version : https://youtu.be/danAspTkv8U

It would be something like it (better), with english subtitles and without the first part on our webpage.
+5%

Personally, I would start with explaining that BitShares is a financial platform that allows transfers and trading at industry-standard volume (100k tp/s) but without a corruptible central authority. Many of the worlds financial markets can now be opened up to everyone without barriers to entry and previously unprofitable business models are now viable to enhance and invigorate the economy.

And then show a ~30 second clip showing the process of making an account and executing a trade, highlighting that many assets can be created and traded by individuals and KYC functionality is available. This is for context and to make sure they don't waste the rest of your presentation trying to imagine and getting confused.
Show that anyone can now make an asset but that there are tools in place for KYC/AML. Make these bureaucrats feel safe and portray BTS in a friendly non-confrontational way. They should feel that BitShares can help them carry on their "good work" while saving them money and removing corruptible entities from the system.

I think having template BitShares presentations tailored to a few different audiences would be great, your feedback from next week will be very useful!
Ready-made powerpoints for Gold/physical asset dealers, bureaucrats, coupon/voucher businesses and any other market sector that could directly profit from bts integration.

How did you come to be giving this presentation?
Was it easy to contact 'officials' and get them interested? Could any BitShares member organize one for their local area?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline DestBest

Finding a list of strong analogy to explain the big picture of "What is BitShares?" might be the best way to get your message delivered in the shortest amount of time  IMO

We are producing tutorials with my team right now and we already have something decent for the "installing the client and registering an account"
It's in french but we can make you an english one quickly and upload it so you can use it after or during your presentation if you need it.

If you need, our team can help   ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:08:06 pm by DestBest »
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline EstefanTT

Maybe using the infographic as a base for a powerpoint. It sounds like perfect for a 15 min presentation.

We are producing tutorials with my team right now and we already have something decent for the "installing the client and registering an account"

This is our old version : https://youtu.be/danAspTkv8U

It would be something like it (better), with english subtitles and without the first part on our web site.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:59:35 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Tuesday next week I am going to be giving a 15 minute demonstration to a group of local businesses and some municipal leaders.

I am presenting BitShares to them and need to give them a 'how to'.

Now I think the best thing for me to do is simply show how to create and register an account and basic function like send bts.

Or.. I could show the DEX and talk about the BitAssets.

Or.. I can get into UIAs and what they could do.

I only got 15 minutes here.. so I need to choose my battle.

I have never really attempted to hand hold anybody into BitShares and certainly not to a room full of people on screen.

Is there a particular video or tutorial out there that is up to date that might be useful for this?

For those that have attempted to show BitShares in person to people, what concepts do you think I should avoid because they only cause confusion?

Should I be saying anything about 2.0 at this point, or just let them soak up what we got so far?

Note that the room will be filled with pretty much people who can barely use computers. Almost all of them though have smartphones. I thought about possibly printing off the cards with the QR codes and get everyone in the room creating accounts with BitShares as I presented. Is the web wallet up to snuff for this?

Also.. this presentation I understand will be recorded.. so if it goes well enough, could be useful for sharing with others bringing new users etc after I upload it to Youtube.

Looking forward to your feedback.

PS: Tomorrow I will also be having lunch with every municipal Economic Developer in or province and telling them about BunkerShares. After lunch they are coming for a tour of the bunker and to hear about the plans for it. Typically takes nearly 2 hours to go through the place, so I will be talking a LOT about BitShares that day along side the plans for the bunker. Could lead to some interesting things. Fun Fact.. my province is typically the testing ground for new things in Canada. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+