Author Topic: NXT and BTS on a common Graphine blockchain  (Read 8669 times)

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I don't think that the first coin to join us is neither NXT or Doge. NXT has still a lot of potential on their own (although I sold all my NXT to BTS) and Doge is for micropayments (that are going to be expensive in BTS2.0)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
It will be huge value, as Nxt's decentralized exchange have many start-ups' funding and share exhange.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
if NXT and Doge merge into BTS and shares the same network effect , how would that price ?

why would BTS-NXT has different value than BTS-DOGE ?

so in the end , it doesn't make sense for them to merge into BTS and end up the same shared feature with no different than one and other .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
So black lizard == bitshares?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

In this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.msg11570492#msg11570492

Stan suggest it is possible NXT (and/or other interested coin) and BTS2.0 to co-exist on a single blockchain.

Assuming NXT or other coin is interested, how is this gonna work?  what are the next steps, conditions etc. Is such blockchain gonna have 2 tokens, or just one NXTBTS2.0 ?

Here is my (completely unsubstantiated) guess as to how it could possibly happen: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/blacklizard-app-finarch

Basically imagine NXT (or some other coin that may be more open to the idea) becoming a UIA on the BitShares blockchain, but where holders of this special NXT UIA get to elect their own delegates to operate their own independent DPOS-based chain which is still able to (via a majority of the elected delegates agreeing) interact with the assets on the main BitShares chain. They get to use the BitShares BitAssets, charge fees (e.g. in BitUSD) for the transactions that occur as part of their app or DAC, and they can even distribute some of these collected fees (after paying operational expenses) to the NXT holders as a dividend.

Micro Nations. :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
In this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.msg11570492#msg11570492

Stan suggest it is possible NXT (and/or other interested coin) and BTS2.0 to co-exist on a single blockchain.

Assuming NXT or other coin is interested, how is this gonna work?  what are the next steps, conditions etc. Is such blockchain gonna have 2 tokens, or just one NXTBTS2.0 ?

Here is my (completely unsubstantiated) guess as to how it could possibly happen: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/wiki/blacklizard-app-finarch

Basically imagine NXT (or some other coin that may be more open to the idea) becoming a UIA on the BitShares blockchain, but where holders of this special NXT UIA get to elect their own delegates to operate their own independent DPOS-based chain which is still able to (via a majority of the elected delegates agreeing) interact with the assets on the main BitShares chain. They get to use the BitShares BitAssets, charge fees (e.g. in BitUSD) for the transactions that occur as part of their app or DAC, and they can even distribute some of these collected fees (after paying operational expenses) to the NXT holders as a dividend.

+5% Very exciting. I believe they're referring to this as "SmartChains".

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
First generation coins from Bitcoin on down would seem to map directly to a UIA ... done!

Second generation coins with complex relatonships between multiple interoperating assets is what gets tricky.

Most of them would not be optimized to keep up with our Johnny B. Goode blues riff in B. 
(Not saying they couldn't, but it would take a rewrite like we just went through.)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:09:11 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:07:50 am by arhag »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
i have a feeling bts is about to explode any day now... its the right time to put the TPS news out there.

Yes.  The chart for the past several months looks like a huge cup and handle.  And even that handle looks like a mini cup and handle. :)

I feel like BTS should be over 2 cents already.  When Darkcoin (aka Dash) did that rebrand and came out with "instant" transactions and masternodes, its price went up a ton.  BTS just came out advertising stats that are WAYYY better than that, and will support 100000 TPS at a time when Bitcoin's major problem is this blocksize/TPS issue that no one can get consensus on. 

And BTS is still massively oversold from that absurd decline of the past few months. 

We are on the verge of an enormous rise.  I've got another 100k purchase coming as soon as I receive some coinbase BTC.  I just hope its in time.

I hope that is 100k USD you plan on buying with!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
i have a feeling bts is about to explode any day now... its the right time to put the TPS news out there.

Yes.  The chart for the past several months looks like a huge cup and handle.  And even that handle looks like a mini cup and handle. :)

I feel like BTS should be over 2 cents already.  When Darkcoin (aka Dash) did that rebrand and came out with "instant" transactions and masternodes, its price went up a ton.  BTS just came out advertising stats that are WAYYY better than that, and will support 100000 TPS at a time when Bitcoin's major problem is this blocksize/TPS issue that no one can get consensus on. 

And BTS is still massively oversold from that absurd decline of the past few months. 

We are on the verge of an enormous rise.  I've got another 100k purchase coming as soon as I receive some coinbase BTC.  I just hope its in time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I fear that whilst the dev contribution and crypto overall would benefit enormously, the existing nxt community would find it hard not to feel betrayed.

How would you preserve the price of nxt during such a move? Each community would have to share the value of each network, the trouble with that would be around perceptions of relative value and would naturally be hard to square away.

Lovely idea though and could happen....but the short term would probably be painful.

Tuck Fheman

Assuming NXT or other coin is interested, how is this gonna work?  what are the next steps, conditions etc.

Assimilate or Die!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I would like if it merged into one because of their projects. Dunno about the impact of their community though.

Once thing I'm still not sure is they joining our chain and then piggy back on us and collect the profits. Imagine they migrating to our chain and then nxt get more valuable than bitshares? Sounds so strange
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
In this post Stan suggest it is possible NXT (and/or other interested coin) and BTS2.0 to co-exist on a single blockchain.
Which post?

Sorry. Stupid me. added now.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.