Author Topic: The Bitshares Team, Terms of Use disclaimer and Copyright for Bitshares.org  (Read 6294 times)

Offline phillyguy

When the government shows up at your place of business...

...fire Simunition at them?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
When the government shows up at your place of business, you go ahead and give them the middle finger, I'd like to see that Tuck.

Then you'll understand my concerns above.

Well, you're a smart guy, so you know it was a joke (it even came w/a silly gif disclaimerrrrr!).

But, I do apologize for making the joke in your very serious thread. It was inappropriate and I understand your reaction.

FWIW, giving the authoritah the middle finger in my country is perfectly legal.

Yes, it doesn't mean they aren't going to break my arm and/or knock all of my teeth out anyway, but hey, I had the moral high-ground right before I lost my teeth, amirite?

I'll refrain from further comm. ;)
Oh snap.  Post 666.  This means something
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

When the government shows up at your place of business, you go ahead and give them the middle finger, I'd like to see that Tuck.

Well, you're a smart guy, so you know it was a joke (it even came w/a silly gif disclaimerrrrr!).

But, I do apologize for making the joke in your very serious thread. It was inappropriate and I understand your reaction.

FWIW, giving the authoritah the middle finger in my country is perfectly legal (not to say I needed their authoritah for it to be ok).

Yes, it doesn't mean they aren't going to break my arm and/or knock all of my teeth out anyway, but hey, I had the moral high-ground right before I lost my teeth, amirite?

I'll refrain from further comm. ;)

protip : every time one of us slips up and post something goofy in your threads come post a serious business proposal in ours!  =)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:47:04 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Lol, need some more tinfoil tony? ;)
Thanx anyway, I'll just get my questions answered and HELP BitShares without you.
Good luck with your plans of getting rich and contributing nothing.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
As for our DAC, yes we will have our own blockchain but we will also be connecting to the BitShares blockchain. This will be huge for BTS and the investor's we comm with. More on our DACs (yes, multiple) to come soon. Business plans will be done in the next couple weeks then the first POC will go up for you guys to try out.

How? / serious?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
As for our DAC,yes we will have our own blockchain but we will also be connecting to the BitShares blockchain. This will be huge for BTS and the investor's we comm with.

What did you all expect? Someone who ken  Code to not come with his own DAC... or duck???

[Disclaimer]  I do not know what the verb 'comm' means. But it must be some powerful stuff!!!

Good luck to all that ken and can code. And all DACs, ducks and other animals in this crypto.. crippled, crazy, crayon  universe!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:06:43 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
When the gov comes to my place of business, and they say we are a money transmitter, or we're selling securities, or we're paying out interest without a banking license, or wer're legally organized properly (llc, inc, ltd, etc), or giving advice without a brokers license........ besides our name games, the things on my list are what I am going to walk them thru.

Obviously Dan and team have done some due diligence in Virginia, but Munich (BaFin) may not be so friendly, who knows. They'll pin down whoever they want, say whatever they want, our ducks need to be in a row for that day.

I hope that explains my concerns a bit better.

As for our DAC, yes we will have our own blockchain but we will also be connecting to the BitShares blockchain. This will be huge for BTS and the investor's we comm with. More on our DACs (yes, multiple) to come soon. Business plans will be done in the next couple weeks then the first POC will go up for you guys to try out.

Can you help me out with numbers 1 and 2? Number 4 can be worded in a way like Dan said, as our name could not be trademarked since it was "too general" but the disclaimer is still important either way. Keep all delegates in the clear.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
A lot of us will be referring ... government people ... to the Bitshares website.

We need some sort of a prominent legal disclaimer on https://bitshares.org

Or a giant middle finger.

There seems to be some confusion about what you mean about "referring government people", Ken.
Do you mean approaching government bodies as customers to get them to utilize the blockchain? (The middle finger may be appropriate in this case.)
Or are you asking for tax/reporting requirement information for a business you plan to run yourself on the blockchain? (Being flippant about men with guns demanding their kickbacks is not so appropriate).

I think some people are also confused about what you mean by a munich DAC?
Some type of UIA/asset system that utilizes the existing BitShares chain?
Unless you are going to code your own blockchain I'm not sure if it can technically be a DAC as DAC's within DAC's is not yet possible on the main chain.
I'm looking forward to finding out what you've come up with when you release!
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

3. A current Copyright in the footer.
4. A simple message that states something like "Bitshares is a registered Virginia corporation and does not give legal or financial advice. Delegates and Workers for Bitshares are paid directly by said company blah blah.."

Please note that the current BitShares website and software are public domain and all copyrights have been forfeit. There is no legal entity called BitShares nor is there any corporation that owns or pays for it.
Where will the referral income go to then for people landing on the website, because the top affiliate could be... the owner of bitshares.org

https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=bitshares.org&prog_id=GoDaddy
Domain Name:BITSHARES.ORG
Registrant Name:Stan Larimer
Registrant Organization:Invictus Innovations
Shhhh! We don't like questions like that around these parts.

We don't?  I have invited you so many times to join us in mumble and ask questions, but you never doWhy? 

Are you too afraid to ask questions in an open discussion?  Apparently there is a regular group who has no fear in doing so...or we wouldn't be funded to continue holding them, and would not have anyone joining...so to say this is a blatant lie. 

I truly wish I could use another word for it, but the word Lie is exactly what it is. 

Perhaps...you could change your statement so I can consider changing mine? :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:09:17 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
4. A simple message that states something like "Bitshares is a registered Virginia corporation and does not give legal or financial advice. Delegates and Workers for Bitshares are paid directly by said company blah blah.."

Please note that the current BitShares website and software are public domain and all copyrights have been forfeit. There is no legal entity called BitShares nor is there any corporation that owns or pays for it.
Where will the referral income go to then for people landing on the website, because the top affiliate could be... the owner of bitshares.org

Shhhh! We don't like questions like that around these parts.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
A lot of us will be referring clients, users, government people and others to the Bitshares website.

We need some sort of a prominent legal disclaimer on https://bitshares.org

1. Something that shows who our "Team" is, ie:
https://www.ethereum.org/team
https://www.ripplelabs.com/team
http://factom.org/team

2. A prominent link to our "Terms" in the footer menu at the bottom.

Once I officially launch the new BitShares Munich DAC, I just know the government will eventually interview us, so I need ALL of our public statements to reflect our intentions and disclaim us. Delegates and Workers need these publicly documented statements for our protection.
Please advise, thanx guys :)

What do you mean exactly with your own DAC ? If you'll launch a seperate Blockchain .. (DAC) then you have to buy a license ... and you will nothing have to do with BitShares as its blockchain ... so for you it doesn't matter if there are legal terms on bitshares.org etc.!
BitShares as its decentralized company don't really have a address of contact ... i don't think we should put cryptonomenx as in! Due the fact that we don't in charge of BitShares as a network ... just a company who help maintaing it !

Hope this helps ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline vikram