Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887136 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Just by creating a huge announcement of the Stealth feature implementation marketcap should double.

I haven't really heard much on that lately; is there any timeframe?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Just by creating a huge announcement of the Stealth feature implementation marketcap should double.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Could the drop in BTS price be seen as a prediction that the BTC EFT will not get aproved? If this happens btc price could tank really REALLY hard imo and with it BTS and most alts go down. Someone could sell now at 9-10 millions marketcap in hope that he can buy back hopefully at 5 or even lower IF btc crashes AND IF bts follows this crash.

If that was the case, I would expect the majority of alt coins declining.  Many have rallied instead.  Both BTS and Steem have been underperforming, I'm guessing the price drops are related.

Offline EstefanTT

Or ... Stealth down the road will slowly make its way in the minds of investors, they will speculate that bts will rise just like any anonimity coin did before, pour money in and push bts somewhere between 20 and 50M$ MC.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Could the drop in BTS price be seen as a prediction that the BTC EFT will not get aproved? If this happens btc price could tank really REALLY hard imo and with it BTS and most alts go down. Someone could sell now at 9-10 millions marketcap in hope that he can buy back hopefully at 5 or even lower IF btc crashes AND IF bts follows this crash.
if you are looking at $-terms .. then BTS has hardly changed much for months ... why would a approval/disapproval change that?
If you look at BTC valuation, then the current low could be seen as a result of the current highs of BTC .. if you were to speculate on the disapproval of BTC's ETH, then buying BTS now would make you end up with more BTC worth of BTS later .. and vise versa

</no investment advice>

chryspano

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
It you look on Telegram, Steemit, and Mumble... it's no way stagnant.

There's is a hive of activity going on, It s a shame this isn't perceivable when visiting bitshares.org

+5%

Offline Methodise

Jonny'N'Stan know what's up; real world value.

When Bitshares hits 90 SAT, I'ma be a multi-fafillionaire. Finally.

BTS: methodise

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

There's is a hive of activity going on, It s a shame this isn't perceivable when visiting bitshares.org
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mr-whitekey

You made some nondescript and vague reference to something coming "this summer" last May. It was not much and when I finally read the thread ppl kept referencing, I was puzzled at why they made a big deal out of it.

Seem like people project their hopes on to your words.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Precisely why my words are so rare around here any more.  :)
Well, an alternative would be to leverage that power to mobilize the community again. That would be my preference, but history is hard to overcome I guess. There is too much good effort already in BTS to watch this community stagnant.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
You made some nondescript and vague reference to something coming "this summer" last May. It was not much and when I finally read the thread ppl kept referencing, I was puzzled at why they made a big deal out of it.

Precisely why my words are so rare around here any more.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline EstefanTT

I think we had plenty of time to buy in PPY in the first crowdfund in he community and also in the DEX.

I think most of BTS holders have already their PPY. Now the money will come from bitcoiners and big investors. We will barely feel something at the price level.

With that said, I would suggest anyone who want to buy PPY to do it in the early days of the ICO, I have a strong feeling that the 5M $ left of PPY will be bought quite rapidly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
One more BTW..It is actually Peerplays crowdfund accepting only BTC, that squeeze rope on the neck to BTS now.

How do you figure?
Everybody knows that Peerplays has biggest support among Bitshares community. They consider it as its own project since deminishing of DACPlay.
They are familiar with and trust the team behind project. If a crowdfund is going to become success we know from where majority of crowdfunding is going to come. 
In a few days crowdfund starts with a BTC as only investing vehicle. If those facts and assumptions are true, is it going to resolute in
downward price pressure to BTS? Yes, in my opinion.

It is bad timing for all, tricky decision investing vehicle picking and people tired of BTS sinking.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Stan has been trying to pump bitshares for the last 2 summers with these so called "announcements".  Last year he was pumping via these "announcements" and video interviews while the rest of the core team like Dan were dumping their shares... borderline illegal, but no one cares enough to seek legal action... yet.