Author Topic: Buy Keyhotee ID with ProtoShares 10 PTS+  (Read 25195 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
signed ... looking forward to get PTS payout address for my kehotee ID founder account...thx

me too, waiting for the payment address :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
signed ... looking forward to get PTS payout address for my kehotee ID founder account...thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
ProtoShares is not for Keyhotee ID.... ProtoShares is for a position in the genesis block of BitShares and all other currency based block-chains. 

We reduced the price on our website to 10 PTS

thank you.

Offline bytemaster

When we initialize your reputation in the Keyhotee ID chain, we will use the market price of PTS and BTC at $0.10 per reputation point.    So someone who paid 100 PTS will end up with 10x as much initial reputation in the Keyhotee ID chain. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

ProtoShares is not for Keyhotee ID.... ProtoShares is for a position in the genesis block of BitShares and all other currency based block-chains. 

We reduced the price on our website to 10 PTS
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
We are also accepting Keyhotee ID PreOrders for 100+ PTS!

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up

Jesus Christ! 100+PTS?

That is like 10 BTC. Sorry but who is going to pay 100+ PTS for a Keyhotee ID?
Maybe you mean more like 12 PTS.

I agree,
the price was 12 PTS yesterday, this is a big drop.

It was actually a major price hike considering the cost of acquiring PTS and their value to those who believe in what we are doing enough to buy a Keyhotee ID.

I would argue that "price hike" based on current exchange rates is irrelevent.  If you were selling a good that was resellable it might be a valid concern, but given that you expect the value of PTS to go up over time (I assume) it doesn't make sense for this to be price sensitive.

You should not change the price until exchanges exist, but it would be much better if you didnt change the price at all except to lower it.  You will get more people willing to spend 25 PTS if they feel like they're getting a value from you (because it's cheaper than the current BTC exchange), you lose nothing and over time you'll probably gain more value from the PTS than BTC because PTS has more potential for exponential appreciation.

I think you should set the minimums at .25btc or 25 PTS and keep it there until it's flatly untenable.

There is overhead associated with adding names, and they are a premium product....   My reasoning for hiking the price is because the current cost of mining 100PTS is very low... and the REPUTE points you get for being a founder are supposed to indicate that you invested at least $100 in your name.    100 PTS right now only means you invested 1 day of CPU power...   

If you anyone is willing to buy at a Keyhotee ID at $50 or $25 but not $100 then post here.   I would like to understand the demand...

Very low? Even with digital ocean it took close to $100 to mine just hundreds of PTS. Difficulty has skyrocketed.

Now you're right, it is cheap to mine if you mean to say over the long term if everyone mines for months non stop but the last week or so it was extremely difficult to mine to the point that you had to do a fork.

I doubt many people have 1000PTS. I think most people have around 100PTS and many don't even have that so this price point is kind of comical at this point in time. In the future it will be just as comical because when a real exchange is up the price will probably be even higher for a good while. 12.5 PTS is around 0.25 BTC. 
I have devised a solution to the problem of  declaring a price fix indirectly for my Keyhotee ID prices.

I will now ONLY accept payment for Keyhotee IDs via ProtoShares and will credit your ID with the market value of the ProtoShares as of Christmas Eve so you do not lose any appreciation and it all gets credited to your ID.

This is what you should have done all along. Protoshares are a sort of credit coin or stock which represents all of Invictus Innovations. It should be that you only deal in PTS and this way the value of PTS increases.

Keep in mind these posts were a few days ago when the value of 100PTS was substantially lower than .25btc, and mining was about 32x less difficult.

This is exactly what I was concerned about though, now they either have to lower the price or have fewer people take up their pre-order offer because its simply not economical.

They did it wrong. When people choose to redeem your currency or stock for your goods or services you're supposed to offer a dramatic discount. If it's cheaper to use another currency (Bitcoin) to get a Keyhotee idea then what is the point of having protoshares?

They should offer a 15-20% discount for anyone willing to buy an ID with protoshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)

Jesus Christ! 100+PTS?

I agree,

It was actually a major price hike considering the cost of acquiring PTS and their value to those who believe in what we are doing enough to buy a Keyhotee ID.

I would argue that "price hike" based on current exchange rates is irrelevent.  If you were selling a good that was resellable it might be a valid concern, but given that you expect the value of PTS to go up over time (I assume) it doesn't make sense for this to be price sensitive.

You should not change the price until exchanges exist, but it would be much better if you didnt change the price at all except to lower it.  You will get more people willing to spend 25 PTS if they feel like they're getting a value from you (because it's cheaper than the current BTC exchange), you lose nothing and over time you'll probably gain more value from the PTS than BTC because PTS has more potential for exponential appreciation.

I think you should set the minimums at .25btc or 25 PTS and keep it there until it's flatly untenable.

There is overhead associated with adding names, and they are a premium product....   My reasoning for hiking the price is because the current cost of mining 100PTS is very low... and the REPUTE points you get for being a founder are supposed to indicate that you invested at least $100 in your name.    100 PTS right now only means you invested 1 day of CPU power...   

If you anyone is willing to buy at a Keyhotee ID at $50 or $25 but not $100 then post here.   I would like to understand the demand...

Very low? Even with digital ocean it took close to $100 to mine just hundreds of PTS. Difficulty has skyrocketed.

Now you're right, it is cheap to mine if you mean to say over the long term if everyone mines for months non stop but the last week or so it was extremely difficult to mine to the point that you had to do a fork.

I doubt many people have 1000PTS. I think most people have around 100PTS and many don't even have that so this price point is kind of comical at this point in time. In the future it will be just as comical because when a real exchange is up the price will probably be even higher for a good while. 12.5 PTS is around 0.25 BTC. 
I have devised a solution to the problem of  declaring a price fix indirectly for my Keyhotee ID prices.

I will now ONLY accept payment for Keyhotee IDs via ProtoShares and will credit your ID with the market value of the ProtoShares as of Christmas Eve so you do not lose any appreciation and it all gets credited to your ID.

This is what you should have done all along. Protoshares are a sort of credit coin or stock which represents all of Invictus Innovations. It should be that you only deal in PTS and this way the value of PTS increases.

Keep in mind these posts were a few days ago when the value of 100PTS was substantially lower than .25btc, and mining was about 32x less difficult.

This is exactly what I was concerned about though, now they either have to lower the price or have fewer people take up their pre-order offer because its simply not economical.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Jesus Christ! 100+PTS?

I agree,

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:16:00 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Sorry, but I have to point it out again:

current Price for 100 PTS is 0.8 BTC - initially you wanted 0.25 for an ID...

You could honor those people who paid 100, but I'd like to request once again a price drop to 25 PTS.

(I really want an ID ;) )

Offline bg002h

• View Profile
Well…it'll be at least a week for me...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I'd pay around $25 for an ID. (25- MAX 40PTS)

Right now the number of people signing up for Keyhotee IDs is only a couple per day so they can easily get some PTS :)

I guess it'll take me at least 48 hours to mine 100PTS - not that easy I'd say
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:26:09 am by favdesu »

Offline bytemaster

Is that a better solution before a non-manual exchange exists?

Yes, because you can currently mine PTS easily enough and part of supporting Keyhotee is supporting ProtoShares so having a few extra bids helps.    An exchange will be available soon. 

Right now the number of people signing up for Keyhotee IDs is only a couple per day so they can easily get some PTS :) 

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Is that a better solution before a non-manual exchange exists?
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline bytemaster