Author Topic: Buy Keyhotee ID with ProtoShares 10 PTS+  (Read 23817 times)

Offline bytemaster

Oh I believe PTS will go up in value, but the fact remains that I would devalue those Keyhotee IDs that paid with BTC if I allowed a 'back door' where someone could take BTC, buy PTS and then acquire a Keyhotee ID for less.   The market has spoken and is currently pricing PTS at $0.50 to $1.00 and regardless of my opinion, that is what it currently costs to buy them. 

I priced Keyhotee IDs at less than $100 prior to Bitcoin rising from $150 to $250... but the whole point of the IDs is to FUND development of Keyhotee.   By accepting PTS it might help long term but would not help with immediate fund raising efforts.    Keyhotee IDs are rewards for people who effectively donate to the project so we can hire people to get things done.

Market prices are all that matters and just like I wouldn't pay 1 BTC to buy 1 PTS right now... I cannot sell Keyhotee IDs at anything other than the market price.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Are you selling PTS to pay for the overhead?  If not, seems moot to me given they'll be exponentially more valuable if you succeed and not much less valuable if you fail.

Either way, if the project does ANYTHING the value of PTS will go up far beyond where it is now, so why do you need to take a short term approach?  You WANT it to be percieved as a good value because otherwise why would someone want to do it.  If you don't believe in the future value of your currency why should anyone else.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline bytemaster

I agree,
the price was 12 PTS yesterday, this is a big drop.

It was actually a major price hike considering the cost of acquiring PTS and their value to those who believe in what we are doing enough to buy a Keyhotee ID.

I would argue that "price hike" based on current exchange rates is irrelevent.  If you were selling a good that was resellable it might be a valid concern, but given that you expect the value of PTS to go up over time (I assume) it doesn't make sense for this to be price sensitive.

You should not change the price until exchanges exist, but it would be much better if you didnt change the price at all except to lower it.  You will get more people willing to spend 25 PTS if they feel like they're getting a value from you (because it's cheaper than the current BTC exchange), you lose nothing and over time you'll probably gain more value from the PTS than BTC because PTS has more potential for exponential appreciation.

I think you should set the minimums at .25btc or 25 PTS and keep it there until it's flatly untenable.

There is overhead associated with adding names, and they are a premium product....   My reasoning for hiking the price is because the current cost of mining 100PTS is very low... and the REPUTE points you get for being a founder are supposed to indicate that you invested at least $100 in your name.    100 PTS right now only means you invested 1 day of CPU power...   

If you anyone is willing to buy at a Keyhotee ID at $50 or $25 but not $100 then post here.   I would like to understand the demand...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
I agree,

It was actually a major price hike considering the cost of acquiring PTS and their value to those who believe in what we are doing enough to buy a Keyhotee ID.

I would argue that "price hike" based on current exchange rates is irrelevent.  If you were selling a good that was resellable it might be a valid concern, but given that you expect the value of PTS to go up over time (I assume) it doesn't make sense for this to be price sensitive.

You should not change the price until exchanges exist, but it would be much better if you didnt change the price at all except to lower it.  You will get more people willing to spend 25 PTS if they feel like they're getting a value from you (because it's cheaper than the current BTC exchange), you lose nothing and over time you'll probably gain more value from the PTS than BTC because PTS has more potential for exponential appreciation.

I think you should set the minimums at .25btc or 25 PTS and keep it there until it's flatly untenable.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'd love to pay 25 PTS for an ID but not 100

Offline bytemaster

I agree,

Offline bytemaster

People may see the rate as an official exchange rate. It might be bad for ProtoShares exchange and further BitShares exchange.

Perhaps, but in this case they are trading PTS for Reputation Points in Keyhotee ID... another speculative play.  If people start choosing to pay us in PTS over BTC we will up the rate :)   Though anyone who believes in what we are doing would never sell their 100 PTS for $50 so I don't think this will affect things too much.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
I agree,

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
People may see the rate as an official exchange rate. It might be bad for ProtoShares exchange and further BitShares exchange.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bytemaster

We are also accepting Keyhotee ID PreOrders for 10+ PTS!

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up

Now just 10 PTS
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:21:52 pm by cassiopaia »