Author Topic: Going from BTSX to BTS, late to the party.....  (Read 1949 times)

Offline sixteendigits

• View Profile
Awesome, I got a bunch of NOTES that popped up right away, I didn't even know those were given to AGS holders.  It's scanning the blockchain now so I'll check my vesting balances when it finishes.

Thanks.  You saved me a lot of frustration and hours of digging through threads!

Offline vikram

OK, and what is a WIF key?  The only command I am seeing for importing a private key is a this:

wallet_import_private_key <wif_key> [account_name] [create_new_account] [rescan]

My AGS address is on my blockchain account so it offers me Base58, Base64, Hex, or Qt format.

WIF is the same as Qt format.

Make sure you are using the latest BTS version (0.9.x) and get it fully synced to the network first. Then import all the private keys you have and do a full rescan. Then you can check what kind of vesting balances you might have available with the previously mentioned commands. They will be vesting linearly for 2 years starting 2014-11-05, and you can collect as often as you like with no penalty.

Someone else can explain when/why the vesting happened and more specifics on how it works.

Offline sixteendigits

• View Profile
OK, and what is a WIF key?  The only command I am seeing for importing a private key is a this:

wallet_import_private_key <wif_key> [account_name] [create_new_account] [rescan]

My AGS address is on my blockchain account so it offers me Base58, Base64, Hex, or Qt format.

Offline sixteendigits

• View Profile
Literally the only funds I transferred was my BTSX to exchanges.  Never received anything and my wallet was empty after sending the BTSX out and during the BTS snapshot.

So my backup should be irrelevant?  I should be able to collect any BTS tied to my AGS key by importing it to a new account, entering those commands, and waiting?  What kind of wait are we talking, and how will I know when I have unlocked everything?

Offline vikram

Did you ever send funds to yourself or receive funds from elsewhere? If so you will need a backup of your wallet to get at those funds.

Apart from that, you can import all of your AGS and PTS keys into the latest BTS client and access any funds that may be left on them. Note that there may be some vesting funds tied to your keys which will not show up in your balance, but which can be unlocked over time using the "wallet_account_vesting_balances" and "wallet_collect_vesting_balances" commands.

Offline sixteendigits

• View Profile
I held some AGS and got my BTSX during it's initial launch.  I ended up selling them during it's first big pump, so after that I didn't have much reason to use the client anymore, and stopped bothering to update or open it.  When the DACS started launching, I kept meaning to update and claim them (DNS and 1 or 2 others?  I forget, irrelevant I guess.)  but I kept putting it off.  Then the BTS snapshot and launch happened while I wasn't paying attention.  Even though I sold my BTSX, my understanding was that I should still be receiving some BTS for my AGS.  I finally updated and loaded my backup wallet, but there was nothing in my account.  There were a lot of bugs during the initial BTS launch, and many people were having issues with recovering their funds.  I fought with it for a while, but never got it to work, so I again closed the wallet and figured I'd come back once some of the bugs were worked out.  Fast forward another few months, and I just heard about BTS 2.0 coming soon.  I figure if I can still recover something, I should do it now because I am guessing it will be a huge headache or impossible to go from BTSX to BTS to BTS 2.0.

Now all of a sudden, I can't find my backup wallet!  I am attempting to locate it, but in the meantime I had a few questions.

Can I get my BTS from my old AGS private key or do I need my BTSX wallet backup?  I figured I should be able to since my BTS were allocated to me based on my AGS, but I did try importing my AGS private key again during the initial BTS launch when I couldn't get my funds, and it didn't work.

If I can find my old BTSX backup, will I be given any of the BTS that were allocated to the DACS that I should have received for my AGS, even though I neglected to claim those DACS while on BTSX?

Ugh, I really like BTS, don't get me wrong.  I also understand this is very new technology so it's going to take a long time to make it user friendly and work out all the kinks.  I respect this project a lot.  Seriously though, this is why I keep neglecting to try getting this to work.  I end up getting a headache everytime I go near BTS!