Author Topic: BBC:Newsnight: Does Blockchain technology work?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
Private chains will compete with Bitshares, if IBM creates a private chain using Bitshares  (Graphene) to issue digital bitUSD for the government, it will compete directly with us, I believe that license fees should be shared across (ags/pts/bts), also this way we all be continuously protecting our investment, without a close source project, we will be able to continuously improve it. Other sharedrop ideas have been considered including ownership of the company, but if developers are hired for consultancy, that is got nothing to do with us. Their knowledge is their IP and should be able to sell it the best way they want.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
wait until they find out about bitshares

BitShares has been the 4th most valuable & arguably the most groundbreaking blockchain for nearly a year. I'm sure any company serious about investing in blockchain technology knows about it. I assume they'll be buying our code and hiring our developers in the very near future, if they haven't started already.

Yeah everyone is thinking this. Seems like we funded a crypto company that forked into a meatspace company and we don't have access to its shares. On the other hand, they will be getting paid to improve the codebase BTS uses and will be learning what exactly companies want with blockchain tech. I think that can only benefit bitshares in the long run. Another benefit will be the networking that happens. Graphene has a lot of potential use as a "private blockchain", hence the focus on dynamic account permissions. Private chains by their very nature don't compete with what BTS is.

/Just guesses

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
guess we have to do those automated telemarketing calls, back to the old times.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline davidpbrown

I assume they'll be buying our code and hiring our developers in the very near future, if they haven't started already.

It really smells like that... The question is how will we benefit from that also?

Given what I saw of the inaugural http://bitcoinandblockchainleadershipforum.org/ meeting, with many of those above attending.. I think they are still getting their head around basics and likely are not aware of BitShares.. certainly the presenters were talking one level below awareness of anything but Bitcoin and the vague idea of something called Ethereum for smart contracts, which is why I wonder core devs should approach them directly. Doing a talk to that group at one of their monthly meeting via Skype, could be a game changer but as with all such groups it'll take a few rounds to resolve real interest to the point of investment of time and money. Also, engaging with old fintech brings a risk of them forcing their naive interest before what BTS holders might prefer. I expect that they are still a year or two away from strong engagement but some might be more keen and aware than others.. it's hard to know for sure.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline onceuponatime

I assume they'll be buying our code and hiring our developers in the very near future, if they haven't started already.

It really smells like that... The question is how will we benefit from that also?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

We will benefit by "our" developers being able to pay for their rent and food and thus continue to support this project, their "first love".

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

BitShares has been the 4th most valuable & arguably the most groundbreaking blockchain for nearly a year. I'm sure any company serious about investing in blockchain technology knows about it. I assume they'll be buying our code and hiring our developers in the very near future, if they haven't started already.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline davidpbrown

BBC:Newsnight is one of the more serious mainstream news staples. So, surprising to see this so early on. It's rather upbeat on the wider potential.
Does Blockchain technology work?

Barclays represented there.. others UK businesses known to have an interest include: Aberdeen Asset Management; Accenture; Acxiom; Allen & Overy; Aszast; AXA Investment Managers; Barclays; Bittylicious; Blackrock; Blockchain; Boxedge Ltd.; btc.sx; Camelot Group; Cisco; Commerzbank AG; Coutts; Credit Suisse; Deloitte; Deutsche Börse AG; Elliptic; Euroclear; EY; Finfire; Freshfields; Goldman Sachs; gopurple.io; GSX Limited; Henderson Global Investors; HSBC; Investec; KnCMiner AB - Bitcoin; Legal & General; Lloyds banking group; London School of Economics; LSE Group; Michael Parsons FCA; Morrison & Foerster (UK) LLP; Northern Trust; ObjectChain Ltd; PwC; Quickbitcoin; Schroders; Standard Chartered; The Disruption House; Thomson Reuters; UBS; Visa Europe Collab; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co LLP

and while I'm suggesting those.. a list of orgs that responded to the UK call for Information are: Accenture CryptoCoinComparison; Altana Wealth Deloitte; ATM Industry Association Digital Currencies Working Group/Electronic Money Association (joint submission); Azteco; Bitcoin Magazine; Bitcoin Manchester; Bitcoin Technology Ltd; Bitnet; BitPay; BitReserve; Bristol Pound; British Bankers’ Association/Payments Council (joint submission); Calibrated Markets LLC; CFA Institute; Children’s Charities’ Coalition on Internet Safety; Chiralkine Imperial College Bitcoin Forum; Circle Information Commissioner’s Office; Citi Innovate Finance; COEPTIS LEOcoin; The Coin Company/Future Finance Group Lockspin/BitBargain; Coinbase London School of Economics, Economic History Department; CoinCut; Coinduit; Coinerz; Coinfloor; CoinJar; Coinoshi; Coinstructors; Dogecoin; Dogecoin Foundation; Elliptic; Epiphyte; eToro; Financial Supervision Commission, Isle of Man; FirstHand; GreenCoin; Home Office; HSBC; IBOS Association; IBWT; Maclay Murray & Spens LLP; MasterCard; MatrixVision; MetaLair; Micro Code Cambridge; Mimex; 21MultiSigX Silicon Valley Bank; National Crime Agency UK Cards Association; Netagio UK Digital Currency Association; Orwell Group University of Birmingham, Birmingham Law School; Payments Advisory Group; Project Azura; PwC; Ripple Labs; Ripula; Royal Bank of Scotland; SatoshiPoint; Selachii LLP; University of Liverpool, School of Law and Social Justice; University of Southampton, Web Science and Cyber Security Academic Centre of Excellence; Vendorcom; VocaLink; Where to Spend Bitcoins UK; Yacuna

I wonder that BitShares could approach some of those, if it needs bridging.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:55:59 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc