Author Topic: VOAT - Bitshares? Graphene? Smartcoin?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

whatd they do to piss them off?

reddit took some measures to handle certain types of commentary that resulted in a mass exodus of users to the next nearest alterative.. voat.

It's way more complicated than that.. but not getting into it. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline VoR0220

whatd they do to piss them off?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Looks like they pay users for ad revenue.  If they could manage that using BitShares that would be great.

... And I bet they could get a lot of referrals if they did that.

Can you link me? I've been looking for this but cannot seem to find it.
They have been having issues with pissed reddit. Ddos attack. Voat.co/v/bitshares

Offline VoR0220

Looks like they pay users for ad revenue.  If they could manage that using BitShares that would be great.

Can you link me? I've been looking for this but cannot seem to find it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
How could they make money by using us? UiA?

They could send out money using BitShares and require users to get a BitShares account to claim it. They could also issue a UiA, distribute it to all the current users, and then buy it back with the funds they get from ads.. For instance, they would do this latter trick to raise money, and inject some of the ad-revenue into the buy back, as it would also fuel speculation, and use the former just to keep the accounting honest and to get referrals. That's just one possibility of course.

I like it

so who's reaching out to them? rg?

I am not currently reaching out to them because I am not sure how exactly we could bring value to their platform. (I am still trying to grasp 2.0)

Also, I am reaching out to the guy who is the mod of /v/bitshares to get this thing started.

Offline bobmaloney

Might be good to get robrigo and xeroc to add to the request comments as moderators of r/bitshares.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:46:06 am by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

They could send out money using BitShares and require users to get a BitShares account to claim it. They could also issue a UiA, distribute it to all the current users, and then buy it back with the funds they get from ads.. For instance, they would do this latter trick to raise money, and inject some of the ad-revenue into the buy back, as it would also fuel speculation, and use the former just to keep the accounting honest and to get referrals. That's just one possibility of course.

I like it

so who's reaching out to them? rg?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

I like it

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Bitshares is taken and abandoned, however, I try to get that subverse. For now it's v/smartcoin for me. Can't hurt to use both names for promoting, smartcoin is a name non crypto people can associate with imo

edit: https://voat.co/v/subverserequest/comments/116286 need upvotes
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:28:52 am by fav »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline Thom

Bitshares is the brand name we should promote. If there's a graphine.org or .com website it doesn't point to BitShares tech.

Bitshares is already recognized in the crypto space. No reason to throw that name recognition away. Lets just revise it, improve it and highlight it's new strengths.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
After reddit started censoring subreddits, the free market is moving liberty minded people to http://voat.co which is a promising new platform and so far welcoming to crypto-currencies in general.

Now which sub-category do you think we should use? Bitshares(/v/bitshares)? Graphene or Smartcoin(/v/smartcoin)

They are probably hungry for funding their developments...any ideas we could pitch to them to integrate bitshares 2.0 has a way to fund their operations?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:53:15 am by rgcrypto »