Author Topic: What is everyone up to?  (Read 6469 times)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Convincing friends one at a time to hop on the Bitshares wagon. With the stream of good news that has and will be coming out it's much easier.

It's not much, up to now only one friend downloaded the client and started trading, but if each and every user convince only one person to download the client, buy some Bitshares or some bitUSD, we will quickly double up our user base.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Researching a remittance business using bitUSD/bitWhatever. [Destination is a relatively small country compared to Argentina/The Philippines]
That is thought as a step one.

On step 2 the shop will hopefully offer saving and/or investing using Bitshares in the destination country - bonds, UIA with underlying investment products (indexes, stocks etc), bitAssets, SmartOptions :) [I said it first - the options that  BTS will one day support will be called SmartOptions ],private bitAssets.

On step 3 expanding the receiving country business to country with similar regulations...

Competitive advantages - other than the one you might have observed [i.e. very good grasp of the BTS system, some financial knowledge :)] and most importantly I think I can save up to 75% of my attorneys fee by doing most of the legal myself in the destination country... :)

Funny.. I am talking to someone about the same thing. Canada has a massive foreign worker force from the Philippines and the like.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Researching a remittance business using bitUSD/bitWhatever. [Destination is a relatively small country compared to Argentina/The Philippines]
That is thought as a step one.

On step 2 the shop will hopefully offer saving and/or investing using Bitshares in the destination country - bonds, UIA with underlying investment products (indexes, stocks etc), bitAssets, SmartOptions :) [I said it first - the options that  BTS will one day support will be called SmartOptions ],private bitAssets.

On step 3 expanding the receiving country business to country with similar regulations...

Competitive advantages - other than the one you might have observed [i.e. very good grasp of the BTS system, some financial knowledge :)] and most importantly I think I can save up to 75% of my attorneys fee by doing most of the legal myself in the destination country... :)

PS
I other words waiting for 2 things - stable working BTS client + legal, easy way to buy bitUSD in USA...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:12:50 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Tuesday I am doing a presentation on How to create a Bitshares account that is going to be videoed. I am still preparing for it.

I gave that presentation today.. you can see the results here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16858.msg217360.html#msg217360
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Personal is too weak
We need to think business plan, integrate resources, create start-up companies,  attract venture capital.

+5%

We may just need a couple big VCs to give us their attention, and then who knows...
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am on a sailing boat in croatia for vacation ... :P

More stuff to come when I am back ..

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
We are planning on creating  high frequency trading bots and platform to trade BTS and bitassets with all the bts exchanges and bts wallet. Also creating a safe place / company for people who want to have bitassets and stable crypto cryptocurrencies instead of hiding their fiat money under their mattresses, or invest in more risky crypto coins but don't know or don't want to know how to do this, they can do so though our future company. The concept is to bring more liquidity to BTS and bitassets since in my view this is the future.

Everything is at very early stages yet and I am trying to wrap my head with the BTS changes. Our day jobs unfortunately do not leave us much free time to progress fast but hopefully once everything we plan is ready we won't need anymore any other day job and we will be able to work on something we actually do like.. Anything we plan to do will be BTS and bitassets related 90%. At this very early point we are gathering and combining forces, brainstorming with others and hope to be ready when the time comes..

Anything you think might help us achieve our goal, reading materials, ideas, partnerships etc please pm me..For example links that the IT guys of my team should read in order to help them build and understand the code etc will be helpful as this is not my area of expertise at all and I don't want them to be left behind..

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile

Wrapping my head around a post training-wheels BitShares and tweaking my two bots (inner market maker and outer Metaexchange).

@Riverhead, would you mind sharing what sources of information you are finding most helpful to understand the 'post training-wheels BitShares'?

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Personal is too weak
We need to think business plan, integrate resources, create start-up companies,  attract venture capital.

+5%
+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Personal is too weak

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline VoR0220

Trying to make torrenting profitable for artists on Bitshare's platform.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Personal is too weak

Offline mangou007

Hello, I will speak in the name of the whole BitShares French ConneXion team in order to give you an answer.

Our goal is easy, provide accessible information to the french speaking community about crypto currencies and especially about BitShares.
Thus, we are focused on marketing and the growth of BitShares on this market or at least we will do our best to spread the BitShares seed around us!
We are actually remodeling our web site. The first version of it was ok but we really want it to be more adequate with the “crypto sphere” way.

We are also running a slightly different project on the side. We did notice that some tutorials exist and have been made a while ago in the “newbie” section. We all know that BitShares is going for the homerun and there will be a need for worldwide knowledge of the product. In conclusion we decided to provide the world with semi professional video tutorials in all of the major languages. The videos will be about the fiat gateways, the exchanges and obviously the client. A bigger focus on the client is planned with the released of the 2.0. We are in the process of producing them right at this moment. If the community feel like to help with the translation of the subtitles, we will apreciate it very much. Anyway we will make a dedicated thread in the appropriate section of the forum in a short period of time explaining everything in details.

Well in order to summarize everything, we are working on the marketing side of the project BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline vikram

I have been building DPOShub.org along with @DataSecurityNode. It's an interactive web-based platform for our community to share PR content, build business relationships and post classified listings (just a few of the many features). Check out our update in the May NullStreet Journal, and our whitepaper: http://www.dposhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dposhubdelegateproposal.pdf

We should have a working beta soon and we will be sharing more information in a public announcement in a few weeks. Stay tuned!

Also, please don't forget to vote for our delegate: delegate.dposhub-org

In Firefox nothing happens when I click Subscribe button. Also the white text for my email on that background is kind of hard to read.

Excited to see when it's ready!