Author Topic: Do's and don'ts when discussing about Bitshares 2.0  (Read 4033 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Moving a thread is no censorship.
As for freedom of speech: this is a centralized forum with admins and mods - we ban spammers/bots on a daily basis here, which would cut someone's freedom of speach too.
we have to make decisions based on experience and knowledge here.

What I'm against is locking and editing posts!

allow me to add a personal note: all it takes is one or two users to light the forum on fire and get out the pitchforks. someone said that we talk more than the Golden Girls and this is perfectly true  ;)

How are forum moderators authorized? I totally agree that there needs to be moderation to keep the forum functioning; maybe some of the concerns could be alleviated by implementing a voting mechanism to bestow moderator authority? this def isn't something that needs to be immediately addressed, but maybe something to consider in the future. It'd also be good to tie a compensation scheme into the system, so that moderators earn more than warm fuzzies to reward their work. A simple idea would be to charge BTS for voting and recycle those fees back into paying moderators.

Tuck Fheman

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20867/bitshares-2-0-plans-adapt-new-smartchains-cryptotechnology/

Click "criticisms" linked in the article. that's how you handle that! ;)

I'm sure it was unintentional since the signup link changed without notice too and all original referral links were getting redirected as well.

Good timing though!  :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
As for freedom of speech: this is a centralized forum with admins and mods - we ban spammers/bots on a daily basis here, which would cut someone's freedom of speach too.

allow me to add a personal note: all it takes is one or two users to light the forum on fire and get out the pitchforks. someone said that we talk more than the Golden Girls and this is perfectly true  ;)

Moving a thread to random discussions from Bitshares 2.0 when it criticizes Bitshares 2.0 IS censorship.

this thread is not about BitShares 2.0 it's about censorship and forum meta

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Moving a thread to random discussions from Bitshares 2.0 when it criticizes Bitshares 2.0 IS censorship.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Tuck Fheman

wow, the strikethrough was a bit much.  i am disappoint. =/

personally i don't mind post being moved, so long as a link is left in the orig thread, which appears to be the case.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Why has this been moved @fav?  This might not be popular....but general is where it should stay.

I'm not here to win a popularity contest :)

also, it's moved to random, not censored. If I see some sane reasoning in this thread (which I doubt) I'll be happy to move it back.
Irrespective of the content of these threads, I am concerned about the precedents being set here.
Why should moderators judge the "sanity" of the position in any thread? - that is for individuals to judge for themselves.
Why should byte master or anybody else have the privileged right to strike through comments of others that they feel are inaccurate?
Freedom of speech?
Very confused...

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Lol..
Shouldn't have been moved IMO. Currently no open critical threads in bts2 section
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Moved to random definitely does feel like censorship.  It never feels good to have one's posts censored.  Lets allow the discussion to continue.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Why has this been moved @fav?  This might not be popular....but general is where it should stay.

also, it's moved to random, not censored. If I see some sane reasoning in this thread (which I doubt) I'll be happy to move it back.

Rather than implying my post is not coming from a place of sanity, please listen closely.  This is not random...it has explicit intent and a direct message.  Just like a few of the other posts that have been moved. 

Since we are trying to be solution-oriented here and not shying away from the growing pains of our community as though they are some  weakness that threatens our very existence, lets have a section of the forum named something like "Questions and Concerns".  Let us not call it something like "Crying Room", "Bear-Party"...etc.  Make it descriptive and respectful of legitimate (and non-legitimate) criticisms.   

I would have no problems seeing a post like these moved there, but moved to "Random" is definitely not the place for it...though I do understand why this would draw a quick response like what occurred here.  :)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline Riverhead

Why has this been moved @fav?  This might not be popular....but are we going to start censoring here?

It was moved not deleted. He's not be censored. Maybe it makes more sense in Meta but given it's a piece of satire Random isn't a bad home.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Why has this been moved @fav?  This might not be popular....but are we going to start censoring here?

I dislike the Titles and OPs' tone of those 2 threads as much as the next guy.

But closing 100s of comments of numerous other people and calling it 'consolidation'????

And now moving everything that is not cheerleading to random??????
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:41:23 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

Communities grow stronger because of adversity...not because they ignore it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:37:56 pm by fuzzy »