Author Topic: BitShares Viewed as an Inter-Exchange Network  (Read 6244 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
... they can use BitShares to enable all their customers to trade all their assets with the customers and assets of other exchanges.  Small exchanges can band together to attract medium exchanges to join them to compete with still bigger exchanges.  Like a rolling stone.

+5% +5% I can absolutely see smaller exchanges doing this. Security and others costs would be eliminated overnight. Why wouldn't you do this is the question.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Very good.  We describe this as "an exchange in a box".  Everything you need to become an exchange and interact with other exchanges.  So instantly, overnight, you can become a contender.  Then focus on what unique demographics and innovative services you can bring to the BitShares Exchange Network.

Who will be next?

That'll be me Stan

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
... they can use BitShares to enable all their customers to trade all their assets with the customers and assets of other exchanges.  Small exchanges can band together to attract medium exchanges to join them to compete with still bigger exchanges.  Like a rolling stone.

+5% +5% I can absolutely see smaller exchanges doing this. Security and others costs would be eliminated overnight. Why wouldn't you do this is the question.

Very good.  We describe this as "an exchange in a box".  Everything you need to become an exchange and interact with other exchanges.  So instantly, overnight, you can become a contender.  Then focus on what unique demographics and innovative services you can bring to the BitShares Exchange Network.

This should have a big multiplying factor because new entrepreneurs are immediately putting their energy toward advancing the services available to the network rather than re-inventing the wheel.

BitShares 2.0 has just blown away all barriers to entry - so you should see a much faster rate of growth and innovation among BitShares Exchange Network Members. 

Who will be next to join?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline topcandle

Smells like a similar resurrection of Buttercoin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

you can set fees for your IOU (trading , transfer fee  , in the form of IOU)

Yes, but exchanges can already handle all that stuff internally. There must be something else there besides all the marginal points about security and development time - you can imagine that exchanges are heavily invested in their legacy architectures, both in terms of man hours and the level of control it affords them.

They also have recurring costs and support costs. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

Yes, but exchanges can already handle all that stuff internally. There must be something else there besides all the marginal points about security and development time - you can imagine that exchanges are heavily invested in their legacy architectures, both in terms of man hours and the level of control it affords them.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This means an end to 'getting goxed'.

Every investor in the crypto space when they realize this, are going to pee themselves a little.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
What is the benefit for an exchange to drop all their legacy technology in favour of becoming a gateway? Where do they earn revenue in this new model?

And you can darstically reduce costs
for severs, development, maintanance, security stuff .. audits ...

+5% This. Security in particular.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What is the benefit for an exchange to drop all their legacy technology in favour of becoming a gateway? Where do they earn revenue in this new model?

And you can darstically reduce costs
for severs, development, maintanance, security stuff .. audits ...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% !! Nice elevator pitch for the bitshares tech