Author Topic: BitShares Viewed as an Inter-Exchange Network  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cgafeng

After bts launch 1 year, still no business partner, nothing change.

Could you pls elaborate your statement?

BTS system just a tool, if nobody use it, then it's useless, no matter how much it can do.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Could you pls elaborate your statement?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Tuck Fheman

Sounds great. I'm eager to see the if the medium exchanges share your optimism with this approach.

It could be great for them, but do they want it?

Freedom's great for everyone, but not everyone wants it. In fact, the majority appear to enjoy some form of ... bah, I'll leave that for another thread.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This is awesome!!

This is a huge game changer!

I am looking forward to part two!

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

sumantso

Will these exchanges be telling their customers to pay extra for deposit to take into account the lopsided nature of BitAssets 2.0?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Now that you've had time to absorb all the cool new features in BitShares 2.0, its time to start unveiling some of the implications about what is possible.

In this post, I'll lay out one of them.

The BitShares blockchain can serve as a backbone
to support live trading between traditional exchanges. 

That's right, while we have been thinking of BitShares as a stand-alone exchange, imagine how traditional exchanges could choose to view it:
Now, instead of having separate shallow markets inside their own stovepipe order books, they can use BitShares to enable all their customers to trade all their assets with the customers and assets of other exchanges.  Small exchanges can band together to attract medium exchanges to join them to compete with still bigger exchanges.  Like a rolling stone.

This greatly expands the network effect, liquidity and market depth of all participants.  A bigger pie for everyone.

And with our new referral system,  every participating exchange keeps their own profits from signing up their own customers and issuing their own assets.

We have the perfect way for them to safely compete and cooperate on a single, compelling, transparent exchange network.

The BitShares Exchange Network.

So, exchanges can do more than just serve as gateways and bridges.
They can publish their own order books transparently on our blockchain.

So everyone can KNOW that they are honest and solvent.

And every customer holds the keys to their own assets, fully decentralized where they won't be such juicy targets for hackers.
With easy to use multi-sig accounts to make those decentralized accounts even more secure.

BitShares 2.0 has the industrial strength to handle the workload of all crypto exchanges combined.
It is the perfect application to serve as an inter exchange networking back bone.
(Almost like we planned it that way.)

This is just one of the huge new markets that Cryptonomex is working to capture.

And it is called the BitShares Exchange Network for a reason.  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.