Author Topic: What if I don't like Cryptonomex and BitShares 2.0?  (Read 17502 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

jakub

No one is irreplaceable. If the current dev team decides to move on, the right thing to do as an organization is to accept it and start looking for other developers, not denature the project in a desperate attempt to keep them onboard. It doesn't cost anything to start calling for volunteers to form a new dev team so why not give it a shot before making a decision that we could regret?
That's the biggest gap in your reasoning.
Finding another dev team matching the experience and quality of the current team would be extremely difficult and time consuming.

Offline mangou007

I'm still a bull, but I have to admit I'm also a bit of an idealogue so when there is a discussion I try my best to see both sides--I mean anyone can see that from my chosen format for our hangouts! ;)

In my mind,  approaching these issues without putting others down. ..and trying to be solution oriented is important.  It will make our community stronger. Ironically it isn't all that different from a marriage...if a couple doesn't work through the elephant in the room,  the elephant just grows until it gets dangerous for all involved. ..and far harder to remove later. 

So let's be willing to work through our frustrations because ultimately like Stan said, they have MANY more announcements coming this summer. ..and he said it with a giddy smile.  :)

Fuzzy, I immediately felt your ideologic side, and that is great, because BitShares is so much more for me than a cash machine. But holding back when we have to go full throttle...I don't think it is a good idea.

As said in the hangout with BM on the 8th of june, they have done an IMPRESSIVE job, and he said "then it is up to you at the end of summer". That does not mean control or anything.
We have cutting edge technology, and the good thing is that we do not even pray to make it happen... We have it!

And whatever other option are, we have to follow this path, we will have plenty of time to discuss it later on!
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Once 2.0 is launched, immediately propose reverting back to 9.2

then see what happens.

That damn gif...is probably the best I've ever seen.

Wait 'til the acid kicks in. :D

Offline fuzzy

WAKE UP guys, I am new here, but it is by far the best community I found... After all you have been through, you should not even consider "NOT TO" like cryptonomex and BitShares 2.0 you shall no doubt.... You shall thank them for not having turn down the HUGE WORK done, they NEVER let us down!!!

We have such an edge on ALL the cryptocurrency world and some of you just want to flush it down the toilet ... you are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me,
Thank you BM, Long Life Cryptonomex, AND WELCOME BITSHARES 2.0!

Definitely agree with this. And I can assure everyone in going nowhere.  But please let's all understand that every big change Comes with a "storming" and "norming" phase.  This is 100% understandable...and healthy!

I'm still a bull, but I have to admit I'm also a bit of an idealogue so when there is a discussion I try my best to see both sides--I mean anyone can see that from my chosen format for our hangouts! ;)

In my mind,  approaching these issues without putting others down. ..and trying to be solution oriented is important.  It will make our community stronger. Ironically it isn't all that different from a marriage...if a couple doesn't work through the elephant in the room,  the elephant just grows until it gets dangerous for all involved. ..and far harder to remove later. 

So let's be willing to work through our frustrations because ultimately like Stan said, they have MANY more announcements coming this summer. ..and he said it with a giddy smile.  :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:10:00 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

then see what happens.

That damn gif...is probably the best I've ever seen.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
you guys aren't signing a non-compete clause that would prevent you from working on similar technology after leaving the company, right?

i like that approach if that is possible, go for … (if this job is one in  competitive blockchain project)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline allseeinguy

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
+5% great, good idea, i like it, just do it!
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline mangou007

But are you guys kidding????
I mean I freaking could not sleep all this night because of some nonsense I saw on this thread... and even worse... for some of the people that say "huh yeah yeah..."
We are all here for a reason, we basically all want BitShares to succeed (but I am not sure this point is unanimous)... and instead of sticking together you just go in every direction because the "BAD" dev team want to get paid for making a revolutionary tool????

REALLY?

You guys work in the real life right? To pay the bills... What about the dev team, they have to do it for free of course, it is logical... It is not like every single fucking company in the centralized world is looking to pay BIG money for good dev no?

Some of you should really really open their eyes, and I am sorry, in time of crisis, you have to take measures to survive! The share going down, made it tough to just survive, and they found a FUCKING good solution for them (of course) but ALSO for us stakeholders...
Did they ask each and every one of you for money? No
Did they announce a FREAKING awesome product? HELL yeah!!!!!

DO THE MATH.... You cannot follow a recipe exactly how it is written, you always add some salt and spice... It is the same in here, to make the recipe you have to remove a little bit of this and that... But that is part of the game, and if you really want BitShares to succeed and be able to bring and follow its purpose, you should not even write a message in reply of some FUD threads... I am not saying names, but you all know the first one, and strangely a new person to this forum come and just exploit and exploit and exploit the weakness spot he found.

WAKE UP guys, I am new here, but it is by far the best community I found... After all you have been through, you should not even consider "NOT TO" like cryptonomex and BitShares 2.0 you shall no doubt.... You shall thank them for not having turn down the HUGE WORK done, they NEVER let us down!!!

We have such an edge on ALL the cryptocurrency world and some of you just want to flush it down the toilet ... you are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me,
Thank you BM, Long Life Cryptonomex, AND WELCOME BITSHARES 2.0!
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Pheonike

That's the problem, find "volunteers". I don't won't volunteers at this stage. I want paid professionals who know what the fuck they are doing and have the time and focus to do it!

Tuck Fheman

then see what happens.

Offline klosure

• View Profile
Yes.  It was always the case that if BM and team announced "we are done with Bitshares, goodbye", then the project would be pretty much done for.  Bitshares is not at bitcoin levels of adoption where many others could arise and carry on.

Qora has a tiny fraction of the BitShares market cap and when their founder and only dev up and left for personal reasons, Qora became many times stronger in a very short time.

Qora has a dev "team" now, working for free or off donations from random hodlers or they hodl Qora themselves.

I don't think BitShares would have any problems obtaining a new, very competent, dev team if Dan left and I'll assume one or two other current devs would stick around regardless.
^ This exactly. No one is irreplaceable. If the current dev team decides to move on, the right thing to do as an organization is to accept it and start looking for other developers, not denature the project in a desperate attempt to keep them onboard. It doesn't cost anything to start calling for volunteers to form a new dev team so why not give it a shot before making a decision that we could regret?

That being said, I wouldn't choose to replace Dan with anyone else I currently know.
Dan has a lot of skin in the game so he'd probably decide to stay in the loop anyway to advise on the developments.

Tuck Fheman

Yes.  It was always the case that if BM and team announced "we are done with Bitshares, goodbye", then the project would be pretty much done for.  Bitshares is not at bitcoin levels of adoption where many others could arise and carry on.

Qora has a tiny fraction of the BitShares market cap and when their founder and only dev up and left for personal reasons, Qora became many times stronger in a very short time.

Qora has a dev "team" now, working for free or off donations from random hodlers or they hodl Qora themselves.

I don't think BitShares would have any problems obtaining a new, very competent, dev team if Dan left and I'll assume one or two other current devs would stick around regardless.

That being said, I wouldn't choose to replace Dan with anyone else I currently know.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
9.  Please observe the complete series of announcements we make this summer before you judge our commitment to BitShares success.  :)

Thanks for your post Stan. For the record I have never questioned your devotion to BitShares success.

The I3 team has a weakness in the PR department, and have made a few bad decisions IMO. I don't expect perfection, but the same type of mistakes are being repeated. It would instill more confidence if we would see an acknowledgement and that steps are being taken to correct them, but I don't expect that's going to happen.

The project is extremely challenging to manage, I recognize that. All I can do is offer my personal perspective. What you do with it is your choice. The collective voice of the community will indicate whether you have chosen well, if you are able to hear it.

It's not clear to me that I3 values or respects the voice of the community, based on the lack of discussion on important topics prior to asserting a position. That's not always the case tho. I recall a tremendous amount of discussion and debate concerning the merger back in Nov. before it was final. You and BM were quite active in the discussions.

Regarding the current 2.0 roll out I see it as a mixed bag. It doesn't seem as well thought out as I thought it would be. Being thought out is not the same thing as having every last detail settled and decided, but it does mean that the majority of the uncertainties are at least identified. I would like to see a more systematic approach to what is settled and what remains to be settled, in an organized, prioritized format. You know, like engineers like to do. Well, most engineers anyway.

It's an over-constrained problem requiring the balancing of many, many factors.
When you do such tradeoffs no single "design parameter" can be maximized.

Those who don't live this 24x7 often point out where individual parameters are not maximized.
We look at where we are as pretty near optimum given everything that had to be balanced.

And its going to be a great summer!

Announcement 2 is coming up tomorrow.   :)

Really ?? I would wait for any announcement, until this forum drama  created by this Newmine clown dies down.
I'm impressed how many forum member fall for Newmine crap again and again, for some reason all of the sudden all his crap is finding unexpected support, luckily only  few forum members tend to agree with his nonsense . For  starter he never answer to any replay to his fuding  he just put up some FUD and he's laughing his ass off watching the forum unfold. It is amazing with one line comment  he managed  to drop atomic bombs all over and completely turn upside down the community   Ohh wait if you respond to his stupidities then his favorite answer to that is :  you are just fanboy blinded by bytemaster manipulations that's it. Attacking is the best defense and he know that very well.
He even dare to say that he's not fuding .... the reality is that  besides a few good funny posts  in the past he's basically just making fun of this forum that's all !! What amaze me the most he got the balls to pretend he got skin in the game ..what a joke !! So my  point this is no time for good news,  it will be wasted in this negative vibe that is happening right now. In fact I don't think this community deserves any good news right now !!!!