Author Topic: Will 2.0 have a client, or is it a website?  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Core command line client and basic CLI wallet will be available.

Will it be possible to serve the website from a local daemon but still have it connect using websockets to the third-party wallet host server?

I really don't want my only GUI lightweight solution available at launch to risk my private keys because of a server compromise or SSL certificate compromise.

Yes

At first it should be pretty easy to run your own full wallet server locally, I would think.  It should only be a problem once transaction volume gets too high for your hardware and connection.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
since my IT skills are crap..under 2.0 will I be able to send bts from my wallet in and out to an external exchange as easy as currently with my buggy GUI wallet or in the beginning in order to transfer bts i will have to write special commands etc??
current pre-testnet code already has a decent web interface that allows for easy transfers

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Great - so RPC will work as normal?
Afaik RPC and websockets

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
since my IT skills are crap..under 2.0 will I be able to send bts from my wallet in and out to an external exchange as easy as currently with my buggy GUI wallet or in the beginning in order to transfer bts i will have to write special commands etc?? 

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Will it be possible to serve the website from a local daemon but still have it connect using websockets to the third-party wallet host server?

I really don't want my only GUI lightweight solution available at launch to risk my private keys because of a server compromise or SSL certificate compromise.

Yes

+5%

so it'll be like NXT core or NEM? I like it.

What I really do not like is one of the BTS mods dropping "So it is as good as NXT...it can be as good as NXT..." on every thirds post of his.
But I think I am too sensitive...

I don't try to censor you, so I'd prefer you'd do the same :)

Well I am more or less promoting you if you read my post :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Yes

+5%

What I really do not like is one of the BTS mods dropping "So it is as good as NXT...it can be as good as NXT..." on every thirds post of his.

I don't try to censor you, so I'd prefer you'd do the same :)

Offline monsterer

Great - so RPC will work as normal?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Yes

+5%

I'm going to develop a decentralized marketplace and use bitshares as a payment option via shopping cart plugin to woocommerce. It will be an onchain marketplace.

like NXT Market?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114498/nxt-releases-voting-system-and-escrowed-transactions

however, NXT has many new features. Phased TX is the most awesome new one in my opinion.

NXT client in general is awesome in my opinion.

I understand that this might classify my stall as a money transmitter. Is there a way to get around this? Could I only buy/sell 'coupon' type UIA's that I then sell immediately for bitUSD on the DAC to get around this?

I wonder how they do it in NXT legally - there are some profit sharing companies. coinomat.com comes to mind, it's an exchange. maybe you will find an answer/ideas there and make a precedence for BTS?

there are a lot of encrypted messaging apps on the market already. NXTTY comes to mind. even whatsapp is working on their end-to-end encryption. the market is saturated in my opinion.

Great question.

My guess is that the "mail" branch of BitShares is where what would have gone into Keyhotee is now going into BitShares. Anyone know if thats true?

Keyhotee is no longer in development

don't forget SuperNET's InstaDEX - they're in Beta soon

- Newbie Friendly "get paid to" sites to earn NXT

- NXT Adsense like Network

Compared to BitShares it feels so much easier to start and to market NXT, in my opinion.

They have SuperNET. the SuperNET wallet is easy to use, James is innovative and gets things done.

Also interesting:

- Marketplace
- Message System
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:54:45 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Yes

+5%

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Yes

+5%

Offline bytemaster

Yes
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Offline vikram

Offline monsterer

I know they're targeting an online wallet first, but does that mean the initial release will lack a client?

What about RPC calls?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads