Author Topic: What should be the default target of unclaimed referrals  (Read 4819 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

the question is about the 2042 none claimed referrals.

No referrals could have been claimed without the people who worked at building the code of Bitshares and the Faucet.

I say give it to people who deserve it: The devs.
Damn! You marketing delegates are killing it! Not sure what Bitshares would do without you guys. Good thing there are 10 of you guys.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:37:49 am by newmine »

Offline Thom

reserve for later vote seems best. Then proposals can be put forward and then the community can vote on it.

If CMX can submit a proposal for a discount on the annon like was mentioned earlier then.. that would be nice. I think the community would like that.

I totally agree. We can decide this later if the code it to go to the reserve pool.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Only a hundred directions to go.. reserve for later vote seems best. Then proposals can be put forward and then the community can vote on it.

If CMX can submit a proposal for a discount on the annon like was mentioned earlier then.. that would be nice. I think the community would like that.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

This is way off, there are 37537 accounts, albeit some of the users have multiple accounts. The 2042 number is only relevant after the tracking of the referral system started after January, accounts have been created since July when the system launched. http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts

The names on that list should be connected as the referrer for every referral they made, that is info that is in the database, that should also include all of the sub(other)-accounts a user created as well.

If a user creates multiple accounts, all of those sub-accounts should be connected to the original referrer.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I say give it to the developers but make the default referer a delegate parameter. If it needs changing in the future, get 51% of delegates to tweak the parameter. Otherwise sending it to the reserve pool would also make sense.
My first preference would be to send it to the reserve pool and decide how to best use it later.

But my 2nd choice would be to award the default referral fees to CMX with a new delegate-voted parameter on how to award default referral fees. Perhaps the default-fee allocation expires every 3 months and must be re-approved - else fees are returned to the reserve pool? The question is, will shareholders ever want to award the default fees to anyone that isn't CMX and the original bts devs? This new parameter could become obsolete very quickly.

If coding that up takes too long then refunding the reserve pool is an easy solution IMO

In fact, if another developer was implementing a feature, I would pay Cryptonomex to proofread the code for us, because right now, they are the only team that I trust.
+5%
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:20:59 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Send it to the reserve pool.

It's the easiest and fairest (perceived) option.

And the Cryptonomex devs will just get it all back after they price gouge us on their next proposal following the "perfect privacy for 2M BTS" gets implemented.

It's all going to the same place.  Let's at least keep up the illusion of fair play and free market competition.  We all know that no dev team is just going to step in here and convince us to spend money on a feature that Cryptonomex can code better.

In fact, if another developer was implementing a feature, I would pay Cryptonomex to proofread the code for us, because right now, they are the only team that I trust.

Why?  Because I am a fanboy?

No, because I use the tools.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

sumantso

Just burn it, most hassle free solution.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I say give it to the developers but make the default referer a delegate parameter. If it needs changing in the future, get 51% of delegates to tweak the parameter. Otherwise sending it to the reserve pool would also make sense.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

No referrals could have been claimed without the people who worked at building the code of Bitshares and the Faucet.

I say give it to people who deserve it: The devs.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
It seems that sending them to the reserve pool makes the most sense because it is the least controversial.

I second that!

All shareholders profit from that option.

Offline bytemaster

It seems that sending them to the reserve pool makes the most sense because it is the least controversial.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Keyhotee founders received an entire day's worth of AGS.  BM said that this was more than was promised, and the rest of the mumble crowd agreed.

If we can't use them to pay for development, then how about if we just burn them?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:43:42 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Have we considered paying it out equally to keyhotee founders and/or AGS holders?

Just putting in another option ..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We should be able to vote default referrals out I think. So let them have it until they delivered some value.

i like  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
We should be able to vote default referrals out I think. So let them have it until they delivered some value.