Author Topic: [ANN] CCEDK to Publish its Order Books on the BitShares Blockchain  (Read 30454 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Question:  Since CCEDK is using the Bitshares blockchain for these trades, does htis mean that when these trades occur, this will generate a fee for bitshares, correct?

Assuming that CCEDK becomes a premium member and refers its clients, it would get 80% of their fees, and Bitshares would get the other 20%?  Still, this 20% of the trading fee will add up a lot over time if many people use the CCEDK platform to trade!

Now imagine if with this competitive advantage of not being able to be goxxed, CCEDK overtakes other centralized exchanges like Bitfinex, stamp, huobi, etc.   Bitshares could be earning 20% of the fees on all this trade of bitcoin/altcoins? 

Would this not counteract dilution, fund development, and result in a profitable DAC? 
Am I seeing this potential correctly?

Shhhh... if this gets out...

Can somebody here with great hacking skills shutdown bitsharestalk.org for 1-2 days? Please!!!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
So does this mean I can trade (from my wallet of course) BTS for CCEDK.USD, even if I havent sent them my ID first? Or will their fiat IOUs take advantage of the whitelisting features?

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
In traditional, centralized, exchanges users and bots only pay a fee for fills. Who pays that on CCEDK?

i see this as a potential "problem",

Any answer for this?  This can be a major blunder if no bots could run due to high fees.  Although fees are only 20%.

Then register your bot as a member account...?

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
This is how Bitshares will win.  Appealing to businesses.

Rather than trying to get average people to understand cryptography, Finance, Bitassets, etc, Bitshares will simply offer businesses a way to save money and make more money, and these businesses will then bring in the end users, who will not have to understand the technical details of how Bitshares works.

Yeeeesssss!

This has been the vision for a while in terms of how to really get this "out there".  There has been a ton of work in the background and a lot of people with their heads down working hard.  A LOT of more exciting news to come, I won't spoil it for Stan, but I will say you ain't seen nothing yet.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Based on bytemaster's comments, the order changing fee would be tiny in comparison to the fee when an order is executed.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

In traditional, centralized, exchanges users and bots only pay a fee for fills. Who pays that on CCEDK?

i see this as a potential "problem",

Any answer for this?  This can be a major blunder if no bots could run due to high fees.  Although fees are only 20%.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline roadscape

"By placing their ledgers on the open BitShares network, CCEDK has positioned itself for rapid growth.  Exchanges with closed order books are going the way of the dinosaur."

This is awesome! Smart move... exactly what needed to be done.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The CT article is awesome too!
Btc.com and Bitcoinist articles should come out tomorrow as well :)

Huh? Btc.com was returned to the owner -  it's pointing to bitcoin.org

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The CT article is awesome too!
Btc.com and Bitcoinist articles should come out tomorrow as well :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline betax

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:51:13 pm by Akado »

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
The woods are lovely and not bright
But we have code we need to write
More announcements in a fortnight

-- With apologies to ... well you get the idea

Dang... we've got talent!

All this good news in this thread has apparently gotten me in a poem writing mood (never would have expected that). I just whipped up this BitShares poem that I reluctantly share with the forum.  :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:29:17 pm by arhag »