Author Topic: [ANN] CCEDK to Publish its Order Books on the BitShares Blockchain  (Read 30151 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Any word if they will use BitUSD? It would be great if they did.

From the blog post:

“We start with our own EU-based international exchange in Denmark, which went live more than a year ago. CCEDK offers buy and sell options for digital currencies in a secure environment on the base of two-factor authentication (2FA) with 24/7 worldwide customer support. We span five continents and 17 languages so far. We offer anonymous trading of some 85+ crypto pairs based on BitUSD, BitEUR, BitCNY, Bitcoin, Litecoin, BitShares, NuBits, NuShares, Dogecoin, DASH , Nextcoin, Blackcoin, Peercoin and Fimkrypto as well as a 50+ Fiat pairs with validation.”
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
Damn it! Over 2 years in the crypto scene and I have never been a fanboy, until now! Well done StanDan!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Any word if they will use BitUSD? It would be great if they did.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Great news!  Thanks Ronny & CCEDK! The first of many exchanges to follow suit I'm sure.... and the debit card.  Wow.  Huge accomplishment!

+5% if you were women I'd kiss you !

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Great news!  Thanks Ronny & CCEDK! The first of many exchanges to follow suit I'm sure.... and the debit card.  Wow.  Huge accomplishment!
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Awesome stuff. We are integrating with the tangible world.

A few questions I had from reading the press release.

"Yield. You can earn better yields with less risk than any place else in the world."

Where is this yield coming from. I thought yield would be removed in 2.0.

I'd like to see this answered too :)

I'm referring to the planned bond market which I expect to offer better than passbook savings yields at far lower than passbook savings risks.

oh okay. I hope there will be an indepth tutorial on how to use bonds :)

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

"Yield. You can earn better yields with less risk than any place else in the world."

I'm referring to the planned bond market which I expect to offer better than passbook savings yields at far lower than passbook savings risks.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
In traditional, centralized, exchanges users and bots only pay a fee for fills. Who pays that on CCEDK?

i see this as a potential "problem", 

Offline Riverhead

In traditional, centralized, exchanges users and bots only pay a fee for fills. Who pays that on CCEDK?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Question:  Since CCEDK is using the Bitshares blockchain for these trades, does htis mean that when these trades occur, this will generate a fee for bitshares, correct?

Assuming that CCEDK becomes a premium member and refers its clients, it would get 80% of their fees, and Bitshares would get the other 20%?  Still, this 20% of the trading fee will add up a lot over time if many people use the CCEDK platform to trade!

Now imagine if with this competitive advantage of not being able to be goxxed, CCEDK overtakes other centralized exchanges like Bitfinex, stamp, huobi, etc.   Bitshares could be earning 20% of the fees on all this trade of bitcoin/altcoins? 

Would this not counteract dilution, fund development, and result in a profitable DAC? 
Am I seeing this potential correctly?

Shhhh... if this gets out...

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
This is how Bitshares will win.  Appealing to businesses.

Rather than trying to get average people to understand cryptography, Finance, Bitassets, etc, Bitshares will simply offer businesses a way to save money and make more money, and these businesses will then bring in the end users, who will not have to understand the technical details of how Bitshares works.

Yeeeesssss!

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

"Acceptance. You can spend your money instantly, anywhere major debit cards are accepted. We handle the conversions for you."

Did you say anywhere? would that not incure fees higher than that of a using a normal credit card.

Would you be able to credit these cards in the same way you can credit a normal credit card?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
But we have promises to keep
And announcements to go before we sleep...

-- With apologies to Robert Frost

The woods are lovely, dark and never meek
But we have promised more to leak
Announcements to make within a week...
        -- With apologies to Stan and ... Robert Frost

The woods are lovely and not bright
But we have code we need to write
More announcements in a fortnight

-- With apologies to ... well you get the idea

Dang... we've got talent!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is how Bitshares will win.  Appealing to businesses.

Rather than trying to get average people to understand cryptography, Finance, Bitassets, etc, Bitshares will simply offer businesses a way to save money and make more money, and these businesses will then bring in the end users, who will not have to understand the technical details of how Bitshares works.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads