Author Topic: Road map  (Read 12220 times)

Offline roadscape

Media Unified Streaming Experience

My Universal Song Explorer

Music Usually Soothes, Eh?

Media Unlimited Streaming Experience

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

Music Unlimited Stream Explorer

Media Unlimited Search Engine
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Riverhead

Media Unified Streaming Experience

My Universal Song Explorer

Music Usually Soothes, Eh?

Media Unlimited Streaming Experience

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It seems really weird that something like this was overlooked... How can someone designing a music business/blockchain not know that they are naming their signature chain after one of the most popular bands on the planet??

Who said that? I don't know why it's OK but I trust eddie and charles.

they might not be as close to releasing a product as we are hoping

This is practically guaranteed to be true considering no crypto project has ever hit their own deadlines. Cheers!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
It seems really weird that something like this was overlooked... How can someone designing a music business/blockchain not know that they are naming their signature chain after one of the most popular bands on the planet??  And it makes me even more leary after I asked a bunch of questions on Peertracks original thread on how they were going to make money by selling ad space on an advertisement free platform, but instead of answering they just removed the thread... there seems to be a lot of loose ends and they might not be as close to releasing a product as we are hoping.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
MUSE is technically an acronym which could help too. Two notes to anyone who guesses it =P
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Pheonike

It can still become a trademark issue like Apple had with the Beatles, especially since it in the same business of music.

Offline mint chocolate chip

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/muse

It is a dictionary word, I think that might make using it ok.

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
Yeah I also think that using the name Muse needs to be reconsidered. Muse is the name of one of the biggest rock bands on the planet. It's almost like naming the blockchain Metallica. I feel like it's just asking for unnecessary trouble.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Please consider MUSE as a bad decision... You are talking about the legal department? Then why didnt they tell you that you might get in troubles using that name?

In germany the band Kraftwerk came up with legal actions against a company using the term Kraftwerk for their product... It was a simple mobile charging device for smartphones and tablets.

The band still was arguing that the name will be linked to the band because you can charge devices for playing music.

I mean, MUSE is a big name in the music industry and you shouldn't take the risk of being screwed by things like that.

Just an advice no offense, because I like the project and I am heavily invested ;)

I'm also concerned about this. The logo is pretty different but even though.. I would prefer a different name
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Please consider MUSE as a bad decision... You are talking about the legal department? Then why didnt they tell you that you might get in troubles using that name?

In germany the band Kraftwerk came up with legal actions against a company using the term Kraftwerk for their product... It was a simple mobile charging device for smartphones and tablets.

The band still was arguing that the name will be linked to the band because you can charge devices for playing music.

I mean, MUSE is a big name in the music industry and you shouldn't take the risk of being screwed by things like that.

Just an advice no offense, because I like the project and I am heavily invested ;)

Offline Riverhead

Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? I can't wait to replace my Google Music and Spotify subscriptions!

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thanks for the update Cob, fantastic  +5%

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
@cob:
so have you decided on the dilution model and supply cap for Muse? ;)

Offline Riverhead

I would like to be the first recording studio to officially support PeerTracks.

The bunker has a media studio called Top Secret Sounds in it (used to be a CBC radio studio.. you know.. to let everyone know after a nuke went off that they are screwed and their government is safe).

We have had independent artists do some recordings there and they love the sound they get.

There was a recent change-up and after BunkerShares presale I would like to use the studio with PeerTracks in some way that we can get more artists using our studio. Some of these guys got some crazy talent... here was one: https://youtu.be/_oLvjrxawE8

Anyways..  +5% .. I am really looking forward to seeing this and doing whatever we can at the bunker to make it a success.

Data, you never cease to amaze me.
A true entrepreneur's entrepreneur!

:)

+5% It's like you two are brothers from a different mother.