Author Topic: The Matrix Trilogy Decoded - Mindblow  (Read 4654 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
If you're into the Matrix, you'll love The Invisibles by Grant Morrison.

Yes!  The Invisibles, essential.

I would also HIGHLY recommend "Memetic Magick: Manipulation of The Root Social Matrix And The Fabric of Reality" by Kirk Packwood. The latter requires at least a basic understanding of memetic theory.

Intriguing!  I will check this out for sure. :)

I figure I should also bring up the obvious element missing from this conversation... In the second movie, Neo was given the option to go through a back door and reset the matrix mainframe (reboot the matrix) or go back into the matrix and rescue Trinity (feminine spirit). It seems pretty obvious to me this whole cryptocurrency movement is an attempt to reboot the matrix and place ourselves on top as its "benevolent" overlords.

The only way to establish true change is to heal our sick consciousness. People must begin to care about each other again. This isn't an easy process and can be achieved slowly with a free and censorship resistant Internet. It can also be sped up with the use of entheogens like ayahuasca.

+5%  I have so much I want to say to this that I'm not going to write anything except, I heartily agree.  8)
I also agree. The destruction of the sacred feminine is all around...always replaced by the warrior/princess feminine.

Could  crypto empower the feminine in the future?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Yes!  The Invisibles, essential.

I would also HIGHLY recommend "Memetic Magick: Manipulation of The Root Social Matrix And The Fabric of Reality" by Kirk Packwood. The latter requires at least a basic understanding of memetic theory.

Intriguing!  I will check this out for sure. :)

I figure I should also bring up the obvious element missing from this conversation... In the second movie, Neo was given the option to go through a back door and reset the matrix mainframe (reboot the matrix) or go back into the matrix and rescue Trinity (feminine spirit). It seems pretty obvious to me this whole cryptocurrency movement is an attempt to reboot the matrix and place ourselves on top as its "benevolent" overlords.

The only way to establish true change is to heal our sick consciousness. People must begin to care about each other again. This isn't an easy process and can be achieved slowly with a free and censorship resistant Internet. It can also be sped up with the use of entheogens like ayahuasca.

+5%  I have so much I want to say to this that I'm not going to write anything except, I heartily agree.  8)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

That looks cool...anywhere I can read them online?

You should be able to torrent them (same with Simulacra and Simulation), otherwise check out Amazon for legal copies. I would also HIGHLY recommend "Memetic Magick: Manipulation of The Root Social Matrix And The Fabric of Reality" by Kirk Packwood. The latter requires at least a basic understanding of memetic theory.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Two must-read books for Matrix aficionados:

Simulacra and Simulation
by Jean Baudrillard

Taking the Red Pill: Science, Philosophy and the Religion in the Matrix,  edited by Glenn Yeffeth - especially the article by Dino Felluga: "The Matrix: Paradigm of Postmodernism or Intellectual Poseur?"

https://books.google.com/books?id=idvYAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA71&lpg=PA71&dq=Dino+Felluga:+THE+MATRIX:+PARADIGM+OF+POSTMODERNISM+OR+INTELLECTUAL+POSEUR?&source=bl&ots=xSAJ1BLGMz&sig=ZCQ0qBqvX9kuQHnC2LEX54CVWQ8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cKmBVfbVBMufsAXO3oOoAQ&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Dino%20Felluga%3A%20THE%20MATRIX%3A%20PARADIGM%20OF%20POSTMODERNISM%20OR%20INTELLECTUAL%20POSEUR%3F&f=false

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Red-Pill-Philosophy-Religion/dp/1932100024

http://images.nexto.pl/upload/publisher/Matrix/PDF/public/Taking_The_Red_Pill-eBook_demo.pdf

My personal discovery is that we are all Neo in potential....

Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard is the book where he hide his stash at the beginning of the movie. It's on my amazon order list. :)

I'll look into the Red Pill Book too :) Thanks!

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Seriously haven't seen any of those movies. Not sure why.  I guess I don't watch many movies period. lol.

You haven't seen The Matrix (seems impossible to me) :o

Offline Thom

Seriously haven't seen any of those movies. Not sure why.  I guess I don't watch many movies period. lol.

Not watching movies in general is the only valid excuse in my mind  ;D
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

Let's me decode this for you all...

You will either be on the blockchain know it, or you will be on the blockchain don't know it.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Who else has the Matrix as one of their top movies?

I can't think of a movie being more relevant to our community than this one. We all took the proverbial red pill at some point. Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Maybe like me, you enjoyed the first movie of the trilogy but was confused about the trilogy has a whole.

What's the heck is it suppose to mean?

It is clear that the first of the trilogy is about "What is the Matrix". But the more heady stuff of the Matrix Reloaded(the why) and the Matrix Revolution(the How) completely went over the head of most people...including me.

I went on to look for the deeper meaning on different blogs but they were all superficial in nature. (Talking about capitalism vs communism or saying that it was a rehash of the "Allegory of the Cave" of Plato.)

I was mistaken.

This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDqNDLpZa8
is a 2 hour long presentation but my mind was BLOWN AWAY! (into tiny pieces of code)

If you watch this video, you won't be able to resist to watch this trilogy with a complete different perspective.

Enjoy!

Yea, love it.  There are so many layers of knowledge and when you learn something new, it changes your perspective by broadening context.  A change of context can alter everything for a consciousness.  One has to accept that the deepest truths will always be hidden.  For example, my present reality could be a dream and then Morpheus wakes me up and i'm actually an organic battery.  Then someone else wakes me up and I was simply participating in an interesting new experience implantation service that allows you to remember living through your favorite films.  Then someone else wakes me up and i've been in deep hibernation sleep for 600 years in order to reach Neptune on a research mission.  Then someone wakes me up and I'm having my mind probed by aliens who are in the process of colonizing Earth.  You can never be sure there are no more layers of knowledge or awareness because it is ridiculously easy to fool human senses....and that includes death.

Tuck Fheman

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:24:05 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

That looks cool...anywhere I can read them online?

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx