Author Topic: Motivation Monday #11  (Read 1201 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I enjoyed reading this.. it was awesome thanks!  +5%

One thing though.. I don't think the part abut autonomy accounts for those of us who are married. Scratch that part out and put happy wife happy life.. and its about perfect. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

PRIORITY

"The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities."
- Stephen Covey

To change your life you need to change your priorities.
Below are three suggestions of how to help you prioritize your life with meaning, autonomy and freedom.

Meaning: Stop prioritizing the easy things

Doing the easy, specific, but ultimately unimportant things on your to-do list may feel like a good idea to build momentum, but it is also a source of “busy work” and chaos that can derail the things that truly matter and that ultimately inspire your to keep pushing.

Try asking yourself, "What thing must happen today that will move me forward toward my dreams?" By taking on something hard every day, you gain more confidence, momentum and meaning.

Autonomy: Stop prioritizing other people’s agendas

Don't try to please everyone by responding to every false emergency.To achieve true autonomy it is impossible to keep acting on impulse, and the impulsive demands of others are outside of your control, and not something you can be held accountable for - you don’t owe everyone your immediate feedback.

Focus on the things you want to do, the things that you want to contribute that you feel are important and meaningful; impulsive requests is a sudden distraction that threatens your autonomy.

Freedom: Start prioritizing freedom

You have the potential to experience more mental, emotional, physical, and social freedom every day. We are biological beings with mental, emotional, physical and social needs that must be satisfied, and we all need to grow in these areas to feel fully alive and motivated.

Prioritizing freedom means setting aside time for things like reading, play, relaxation, exercise and just hanging out with friends and colleagues.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:12:02 pm by CLains »