Author Topic: What happens to expired shorts?  (Read 3042 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
IIRC covers are ordered by their margin call limit, and orders with identical limits are in fact ordered by their owner address.

LOL oh ok, well at least it's within the same order limit bundles :)

too bad the secondary ranking isn't done by expiration date! maybe an easy fix for future update?

Offline Riverhead

you guys are endless optimists... they are covered based on the most logical criteria of all - alphabetic order of the account/key.

He's not joking. This was covered in a mumble session some time back.

IIRC covers are ordered by their margin call limit, and orders with identical limits are in fact ordered by their owner address.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
haha @tonyk ...but what's the real answer? are shorts covered in order of call price or expiration date???

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The big 5 million bts wall at the call price are expired shorts waiting to be filled like yours. It's in order of short margin call price Lower to higher I believe. Once it auto covers u should get it back im also waiting.

I believe that shorts are auto covered based on expiration date.  That is what I have noticed as the buywall has slowly been eaten into.

you guys are endless optimists... they are covered based on the most logical criteria of all - alphabetic order of the account/key.
Lol

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The big 5 million bts wall at the call price are expired shorts waiting to be filled like yours. It's in order of short margin call price Lower to higher I believe. Once it auto covers u should get it back im also waiting.

I believe that shorts are auto covered based on expiration date.  That is what I have noticed as the buywall has slowly been eaten into.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline evolvo

Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
If which BitUSD hits the feed price?

If I shorted BitUSD when BTS was lower..and now it's twice as high...what would prevent it from covering?

It will cover at the feed price, i. e. when someone sells BitUSD at the feed price.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline evolvo

If which BitUSD hits the feed price?

If I shorted BitUSD when BTS was lower..and now it's twice as high...what would prevent it from covering?

Offline yellowecho

To my knowledge...

will they eventually auto-cover?

Yes, if the BitUSD hits the feed price.

Will I have to buy BitUSD to pay off the debt?

Only if you want to cover your position.

If I pay off the debt will the system send back my BTS being held as collateral?

Yup.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline evolvo

I've had some expired shorts sitting in the system for about two months....will they eventually auto-cover? Will I have to buy BitUSD to pay off the debt? If I pay off the debt will the system send back my BTS being held as collateral? I'm not sure how this works?