Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: about the nanocard  (Read 2378 times)

drekrob

about the nanocard
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:18 PM »

I received the nanocard today, but i am not able to bind it on ccedk (tab is blocked). Also it came with a letter telling me to activate it at bit-x.com. I assume the feature is not yet unlocked on ccedk, but does this mean I can unlock it with bit-x.com for the meantime or is it not possible to use it with ccedk if i do that now and i do have to wait for ccedk to unlock the feature?

Edit: Answers i got in this thread:
    • Nanocard will be available for use with ccedk.com later on.
    • if you want to use it now, you have to use it with bit-x and pay activation again, but will be able to move it over to ccedk without fees as soon as they get their part started
    • for beeing within the first 10000 it only counts when you ordered the card, not when you activate
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:27:18 PM by derkorb »

Offline BunkerChain Labs

Re: about the nanocard
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »
I received the nanocard today, but i am not able to bind it on ccedk (tab is blocked). Also it came with a letter telling me to activate it at bit-x.com. I assume the feature is not yet unlocked on ccedk, but does this mean I can unlock it with bit-x.com for the meantime or is it not possible to use it with ccedk if i do that now and i do have to wait for ccedk to unlock the feature?

Did you try contacting support for help?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | World's First Decentralized Tournament Platform Built Entirely on the Blockchain!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

drekrob

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
no. the user ccedk was very active here in the forum and i assumed the same question will be interesting for anyone else who ordered the card so it would be a good idea to gather some information in here.

Offline ccedk

• Synergy, community work and proactively thinking
    • View Profile
    • CCEDK.com - Danish Crypto Currency Exchange BitUSD-USD Buy and Sell Digital Currency
  • BTS: ccedkbts
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 03:12:48 PM »

Hello @derkorb,

Please activate now on Bit-x. No problem to later on change to CCEDK with no additional charge once we are up and fully integrated for NanoCard activation within expected 14 days, so yes you can unlock now at Bit-x and move to CCEDK later. Thanks and welcome
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:14:15 AM by ccedk »
OBITS - a token of appreciation  http://obits.io/
OpenLedger Webwallet - https://bitshares.openledger.info
ICOO Prelaunch ICO asset - http://icoo.io/

drekrob

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:15:44 PM »
activating it on bit-x requires me to pay another 0.05 bitcoin fee.
would i have to pay the same fee at ccedk?
if so, do i have to pay it twice if i register on bit-x now?
Also at ccedk i'm below the 10000 users, for bit-x i do not know. If i register with bit-x now and they are already above the 10000 users would i have to pay the monthly fee?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 11:58:24 PM »
if so, do i have to pay it twice if i register on bit-x now?

Quote from: CCEDK
CCEDK with no charge once we are up and fully integrated for NanoCard activation within expected 14 days

would i have to pay the same fee at ccedk?

nope

Also at ccedk i'm below the 10000 users, for bit-x i do not know. If i register with bit-x now and they are already above the 10000 users would i have to pay the monthly fee?

yep - guess so but guess also you won't have to ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

drekrob

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 05:08:08 AM »
thx for trying to answer my question cass, i did read that sentence.
the fee structure did say
Embossed name on card - 0.10 BTC
Card activation - 0.05 BTC
Card delivery via airmail - 0.05 BTC
Card delivery via DHL - 0.30 BTC
Monthly fee - FREE for the first 10000 users
Monthly fee (no activity*) - 0.05 BTC
Cash withdrawal at ATM - 0.02 BTC (+3% MASTERCARD COMMISSION)
Payments (POS) - 0.005 BTC (+1% MASTERCARD COMMISSION)
POS (Point of Sale) Transactions - In-shop or online payments.
I already payed 0.1 bitcoin when i ordered the card so i assumed it was for activation+delivery.
Now if i want to register at bit-x it would cost me another 0.05.
So either there is a fee missing in above list or i would not have to pay it as soon as i am able to register at ccedk.
That was my real question and it was not answered yet.
Also for me it is absolutely not clear if the monthly fee is also waived if you have less than 5 transactions/month.
This stuff is documented quite poorly and the fact that ccedk stoped answering makes me assume he does not know this him self.
I was trying to get some information about it here in the forum because i am pretty sure everybody else who ordered this card or thinks about it wants to know this stuff as well.

Offline fav

• Administrator
  • No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • BitShares 2.0 SmartCoin
  • BTS: fav
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 05:15:25 AM »
I already payed 0.1 bitcoin when i ordered the card so i assumed it was for activation+delivery.
So either there is a fee missing in above list or i would not have to pay it as soon as i am able to register at ccedk.
Also for me it is absolutely not clear if the monthly fee is also waived if you have less than 5 transactions/month.
This stuff is documented quite poorly and the fact that ccedk stoped answering makes me assume he does not know this him self.
I was trying to get some information about it here in the forum because i am pretty sure everybody else who ordered this card or thinks about it wants to know this stuff as well.

needs clarification. I was under the impression that the card is activated with the order and payment of 0.1 BTC

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares.Europe
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 07:26:55 AM »
Also, why are things price in a free floating highly volatile currency?
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »
Pricing this card in BTC is IMHO stupid. It should be priced in a stable currency like bitEUR or bitUSD, or simply EUR or USD

Also, charging a commission of 3 % from the Bank is highly unusual, many serious prepaid cards have less than 2%.

Withdrawing for example 200 EURO from the card costs 3% for the bank, 6 euro and another 0.02 BTC=4.36, so that's a total of 10.36, or over 5%. If you withdraw in another currency than the card's currency, you can probably add another 3%. In total, the ATM withdrawal fees are unacceptable, anything less than 2% would be ok.

Charging a fee for POS usage is highly unusual and I know no card that does this, the neteller prepaid card has free POS transactions.

The monthly no activity fee also comes to mind. Lower it to 0.01BTC maximum. There's no monthly no activity fee on neteller.

These type of fees do not make the card attractive for me. You need to compare it to other alternative cards where the fees are much lower.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »

i have contacted @ccedk driectly about, guess he is just very busy but will answer all your question asap... sry for delay...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline ccedk

• View Profile
    • CCEDK.com - Danish Crypto Currency Exchange BitUSD-USD Buy and Sell Digital Currency
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:33 AM »

hello @derkorb, sorry for the delay, but I am afraid I am only human with only two hands, and very busy getting articles and other social media work out there in the world for bitshares to get some focus, at least as much as I can contribute with :)

thanks for the support @cass

when you register at CCEDK you are automatically charged for the future activation as well. It is possible to be activated on Bit-x prior to being activated on CCEDK, it does however cost the mentioned 0,05 btc. So you can wait to get activated, we should be up within the next 10-14 days or accept to pay the extra amount at bit-x. It will not cost you anything further to go back to CCEDK once we are up and running.

When you register at CCEDK, no matter whether you decide to then go activate on Bit-x try out the card, and then go back to CCEDK again when its up, you will be part of the initial 10000 registered users having their monthly fees waivered and free for life!

There is an inactivity fee which will appear in case of less than 5 transactions per month, it is waived if there is a minimum of equivalent some 5 btc constantly on account in exchange. I realize personally that this is a rather big amount to leave on exchange being centralized and all, so I am happy to know that we will soon become your preferred wallet, and in this case there would be no worries leaving an amount like this, so that one is a matter of months before u could say that would be just dandy. No more need to send your funds from one exchange to another, you just keep it all on CCEDK which will in fact be your own wallet, and no more need to download a wallet,  you can do it all on CCEDK your own personal Bitshares wallet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:07:16 AM by ccedk »

drekrob

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 09:06:21 AM »
hey ccedk, thx for clarification. I am sure others will appreciate these infos as well. I'm in no hurry testing the card so i will just wait for you guys to be ready.

Offline ccedk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 09:12:55 AM »
Also, why are things price in a free floating highly volatile currency?

It is a good point @xerox, which I will mention for future consideration, as i would see that pretty nicely done to go with the future smartcoin debit card. This woud mean all costs in terms of fee in the currency preferred by user to have as denominated fiat currency

Offline ccedk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »
You may ask at Bit-x if still under this 10000 there, if you register there first, and then later wish to move the funds to CCEDK, there will be an additional fee, as the fee for activation on CCEDK is not only for activation of the present opportunities supported by bitcoin, but also to cover all the innovative additions in future in regard to altcoin support in general and especially here in regards to the smartcoin support of the NanoCard.

Google+