Author Topic: Cryptonomex and the JOBS act?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I would rather they continue to focus the way they are on making bitshares a sustainable source of income rather than wasting a lot of time hunting for more money. They appear to be capitalized enough now.

true, funding comes in all kinds of flavors with all kinds of potential strings attached; the ideal capitalization would be BTS jumping in price. i was thinking more in terms of side ventures, like remittance co's, growing in the ecosystem with alt types of direct funding...

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Jobs Act Title IV raised crowd fund limit to $50M:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2015/03/26/infographic-sec-democratizes-equity-crowdfunding-with-jobs-act-title-iv/

And I agree with Data Security... But Jobs Act Title IV does potentially open some doors regarding UIA's...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:36:23 am by Dan Maloney »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I would rather they continue to focus the way they are on making bitshares a sustainable source of income rather than wasting a lot of time hunting for more money. They appear to be capitalized enough now.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Title III only limits crowdfunding to a million dollars per year from non-accredited investors. So probably not.

Not sure if snark... $1m is a lot of runway especially now that dan has learned how not to waste money. With the investment cap you could auction shares off, then use that as the valuation for VC money.

the community could do wonders with an additional $1M in crowd funded equity, which would certainly spice up the incentives for VC and other angels to enter the space.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Title III only limits crowdfunding to a million dollars per year from non-accredited investors. So probably not.

Whats wrong with a million dollars per year? Actually I heard it's 50 million.

I heard it was 50 billion, but that was my pot dealer so really who knows?

50 trillion dude!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Not sure if snark... $1m is a lot of runway especially now that dan has learned how not to waste money. With the investment cap you could auction shares off, then use that as the valuation for VC money.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I heard it was 50 billion, but that was my pot dealer so really who knows?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

Is CNX going to consider using the JOBS act in the future to source funding and letting some of the AGS/PTS/Keyhottee users the option to provide funding?