Author Topic: Crypto/Bitshares Feature Documentary  (Read 2453 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Thank you for all the input. The point of the documentary would be Bitshares because it represents the leading edge of blockchain tech and has the most interesting potential. As Bitscape points out, there is a known bias. That being said, the idea is to give a rich and well balanced view. Talking about everything in crypto would be too expensive and run counter to our goal....the promotion of the blockchain powered by Bitshares.

So it is possible to make a worker proposal for marketing. Cool.

I can't  wait for the release of the road trip material! You guys have been doing a bl00dy great job surging the great bear.  I think collaboration in any venture like this would be brilliant.

Bear in mind, this is nowhere near a reality.....just wanted to see if there was interest at all.

I would suggest a presale via a UIA prior to submitting a worker proposal.

i've heard of someone else using that method  :)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thank you for all the input. The point of the documentary would be Bitshares because it represents the leading edge of blockchain tech and has the most interesting potential. As Bitscape points out, there is a known bias. That being said, the idea is to give a rich and well balanced view. Talking about everything in crypto would be too expensive and run counter to our goal....the promotion of the blockchain powered by Bitshares.

I can't  wait for the release of the road trip material! You guys have been doing a bl00dy great job surging the great bear.  I think collaboration in any venture like this would be brilliant.

Bear in mind, this is nowhere near a reality.....just wanted to see if there was interest at all.

I would suggest a presale via a UIA prior to submitting a worker proposal.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

i'd be interested in supporting something like this. looking forward to seeing the road trip material and any other plans you may have documented.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Under 2.0 our 'Marketing' budget is soon to be the referral system.  'Media creation' could still fall under the 'worker' role, if the delegates approve and the shareholders agree.  So far, marketing has been the domain of a few delegates and a small team of inspired shareholder volunteers.  The referral system is going to change everything.

cool, thx!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
One word on 'unbiased' or 'objective' documentary film making.  I prefer a known bias that I can account for to someone pretending they don't have one.  Everything about film making is about bias, all art is bias and not objective.  Now that i've said that, I can appreciate the desire for objectivity, for presenting multiple viewpoints.  It's a balancing act to be sure.

well said  +5%

i'm certainly all for promotional media. do we have a marketing budget? there was talk in another thread about a 400 BTC marketing budget for China. anything like that for U.S. or EU?

Under 2.0 our 'Marketing' budget is soon to be the referral system.  'Media creation' could still fall under the 'worker' role, if the delegates approve and the shareholders agree.  So far, marketing has been the domain of a few delegates and a small team of inspired shareholder volunteers.  The referral system is going to change everything.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
One word on 'unbiased' or 'objective' documentary film making.  I prefer a known bias that I can account for to someone pretending they don't have one.  Everything about film making is about bias, all art is bias and not objective.  Now that i've said that, I can appreciate the desire for objectivity, for presenting multiple viewpoints.  It's a balancing act to be sure.

well said  +5%

i'm certainly all for promotional media. do we have a marketing budget? there was talk in another thread about a 400 BTC marketing budget for China. anything like that for U.S. or EU?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I'm currently in the process of editing the footage we collected from interviews conducted with community members and core developers during our P2P tour this past Spring, to be released as 2-3 minute clips and eventually sewn up into a more comprehensive mini-doc.

Beyond this, Bitscape Media is looking to continue video work in the crypto-space, including a more full featured BitShares documentary when our resources are equal to our ambitions. We've been bootstrapping our operation with blood sweat and... inspiration, during this bear market.

I totally support additional film crews willing to get out there and tell the story of what is happening right now in crypto, however they can, as well as collaboration between crews.  It’s a historic moment in time and we need make sure there are many voices in the telling of it.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I guess it would be nice, but as cylonmaker2053 mentions, it's all about how much it would cost.

It should be "objective" in the sense that it shouldn't appear as a sales pitch for Bitshares, but still focusing on it.

With a sufficient market cap, a professional documentary dedicated to Bitshares and cryptos in general shouldn't cause too much dilution. I would vote for a worker proposal to create that kind of documentary, but only after 2.0 is out there bleeding the competition, and sufficient market cap to absorb the cost with limited dilution.

and to retain a semblance of objectivity, it ought to be crowdsourced across all crypto...

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I guess it would be nice, but as cylonmaker2053 mentions, it's all about how much it would cost.

It should be "objective" in the sense that it shouldn't appear as a sales pitch for Bitshares, but still focusing on it.

With a sufficient market cap, a professional documentary dedicated to Bitshares and cryptos in general shouldn't cause too much dilution. I would vote for a worker proposal to create that kind of documentary, but only after 2.0 is out there bleeding the competition, and sufficient market cap to absorb the cost with limited dilution.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Any ideas on the magnitude of funding needed?

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Is there any appetite for funding a feature length documentary about Crypto and the evolution of Bitshares including an unbiased, open look at the issues and competition?  I was speaking with a friend who's been making documentaries in the Uk for many years and he's very interested.  Is anyone else thinking of doing this already?  Would funding for a project like this come from a worker proposal?  What do you think?