Author Topic: What's a Whale?  (Read 7072 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I'm just hoping one day bts surpasses bitcoins all time high of approximately 12 billion market cap. Anyone think that is feasible in the next few years?  I look forward to that day so I can finally walk out of my day job and not have to go back the next morning...

Anyway I think a whale should be classified by having the ability to move price say 5-10% on liquidation

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Just wanted to make a point .. bts was at 70m and 200m are definitely within reach in few months (imho) (not an investment advice)

Hence you would have a nice position with 0.01% already (depending on the definition of "nice")

Makes sense!

I'd like to add another definition to "whale". I believe term "whale" should be related to the capacity of an individual or entity to move the market price significantly if he/she/it decides to liquidate their position. So it all depends on the liquidity of the market, the % of shares the whale owns and the market cap.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Just wanted to make a point .. bts was at 70m and 200m are definitely within reach in few months (imho) (not an investment advice)

Hence you would have a nice position with 0.01% already (depending on the definition of "nice")

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Should the definition of whale be linked to the marketcap? ... 0.01% at 100billion$ is .. well .. not pocket money :)

Haha! 100G$?!

I don't even dream about it. I'll be there till the end, but I don't expect to become a millionaire because of my small investment in Bitshares.

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
Some one with 0.5% of shares or more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current upply of 2.5B or the max supply of 3.7B ?
anyway definition of a whale is relative i guess ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Should the definition of whale be linked to the marketcap? ... 0.01% at 100billion$ is .. well .. not pocket money :)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Anybody who owns more than 1% of the current supply.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Some one with 0.5% of shares or more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The term whale is used a lot in these parts... curious though.

What is your definition of a BitShares whale?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+