Author Topic: nice exposure today, Max Keiser on The Keiser Report mentions BitShares'  (Read 8061 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Max has been pushing his startjoin and startcoin thing for a long time now. When he said smartcoin it was a faux pas, that's all.

edit1: Him and I have emailed back and forth many many times- Trust me when I say, he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

edit2: Max is also heavily invested in BitPay and Bitcoin. He's the last guy you want to approach with a competing product like ours. It would be a total setup if he invited you onto his show.

@Ken, too bad ....i think it's much more illustrative and beneficial to the entire crypto community to view BTC and offshoots like BTS to be complementary/symbiotic, much more so than competing for a slice in a fixed pie. This is also why i keep harping on BTS working hard on its p2p asset market niche, rather than aiming to be the de facto blockchain for everything a blockchain can do.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.

This is incorrect.  Labour theory of value has been refuted over a hundred years ago. Things have value because people individually assign them value based on their subjective valuations of their perceived properties.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.

This is incorrect.  Labour theory of value has been refuted over a hundred years ago. Things have value because people individually assign them value based on their subjective valuations of their perceived properties.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
That real world asset has value, and so does the blockchain token (bitcoin and BitShares).

Bitcoin Lesson 1.0 = blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.  Only after you fully grasp that concept can you graduate and move on to Bitcoin Lesson 2.0 which is that you can use these tokens when trading collateral values on a blockchain.

Congratulations Mr. Keiser for graduating (no matter how long it finally took you to learn this technical lesson).  Now you can help your fans protect themselves financially, while they get into crypto.

+5% Nicely stated and a great way to explain SmartCoins to others.

Agreed, that was eloquent. +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Riverhead

That real world asset has value, and so does the blockchain token (bitcoin and BitShares).

Bitcoin Lesson 1.0 = blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.  Only after you fully grasp that concept can you graduate and move on to Bitcoin Lesson 2.0 which is that you can use these tokens when trading collateral values on a blockchain.

Congratulations Mr. Keiser for graduating (no matter how long it finally took you to learn this technical lesson).  Now you can help your fans protect themselves financially, while they get into crypto.

+5% Nicely stated and a great way to explain SmartCoins to others.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Nice bump Theman, I mean me.

The bottom line is that the Bitcoin1.0 crowd led by early visionaries like Max Keiser, are beginning to learn the science and benefit behind Bitcoin 2.0 beginning with price stable cryptos which is how we first made the leap.  It does not matter weather you  thought that they would take this long to grasp these difficult technical concepts or not.  They were smart enough to grasp Bitcoin1.0 concepts, so, just exactly how long did you think that it would take for them to figure out that you can use a blockchain token as collateral for a smart contract to stabilize a unit of vale (BitAsset or Smartcoin) relative to the value of a real world asset asset.

Well done sir.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:23:30 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Tuck Fheman

Oh, and one more thing....

wait for it....

I'm Fuck Theman

We would have played Erlich better.

For proof, just look how good we're doing running the @bytemaster account. Everyone still thinks that's Dan.  :P

Offline Riverhead

You guys here are waaaaaaay smarter than that globe-trotting bitcoin millionaire with his own show.

Being a Bitcoin millionaire is more comparable to a lottery winner than great investing foresight. However, the having his own show is impressive given the space. He is a great speaker and clearly understands what he is talking about.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
You guys here are waaaaaaay smarter than that globe-trotting bitcoin millionaire with his own show.

Indeed, we own Bitshares! :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Max is mostly just pumping his own coins I think.  First it was maxcoin, then startcoin.

OK, one more time for the hard of hearing, and then I'm done.

Max pumped bitcoin and Maxcoin at the peak and lost his fans tons of cash.

Now whenever he says "buy bitcoins everybody," he must (MUST)(or else he is at risk for getting sued for giving bad investment advice, like that awful -80% advice he gave a year ago) add the disclaimer:

"Buy bitcoins, smartcoins, etc.." because that way he can't be blamed for misleading people into an investment that loses 80% of its value (like he did last year).

Would you keep pumping an investment that just lost 80% when you could add a simple disclaimer, and keep pumping it and be guaranteed that you could never be called a scammer?

Because Max is smart, he can now pump bitcoin (with the smartcoin disclaimer) blindly, and for the rest of his life and never ever have to worry about being "wrong"

So if all I have to do to be "right" or "correct" forever is say "bitcoins, smartcoins, etc" instead of just "bitcoin" (when telling people what they should do with their money)(you try telling people what to do with their money and then you just might get it) then that is what I am going to do.  Max is smart because he knows how to mitigate risk to his reputation, which is key to the success of his show.

If you tell people to buy BitShares and the prices crashes 90% and everyone quits listening to you, then so what, you just change your name on the forum and come back babbling incoherently.  If Max tells people to buy bitcoin and it crashes 80% then he cannot just change the name of the Keiser Report.  he needs another option.  A disclaimer of sorts (if he is smart).

If you think that by Max saying "smartcoins" that this was anything but him understanding that he looked like a major asshole last year when he explicitly told his viewers to buy Maxcoin at 10x todays prices, then you obviously think that Max is proud of losing his fans 90% of their investment, and are therefore dumb.

Or maybe you are right, and Max is glad that he scammed people out of 90% of their investment, and he is so happy, he can no longer speak coherently on camera (which is why he said startcoins twice)

OK, you win.  Max Keiser is a great big scammer who is not only proud of losing his fans 90%, but he is much too stupid to comprehend the incredibly difficult concept of a "price stable cryptocurrency" (whaaaa?). 

Oh, and one more thing....

wait for it....

I'm Fuck Theman
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:19:25 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Max is mostly just pumping his own coins I think.  First it was maxcoin, then startcoin.

He also pumped LTC big back in the day

And he probably had some when he did it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

He also pumped LTC big back in the day
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Smartcoins are not a brand name, but a general type of coin, a "price stable bitcoin"

BitAssets are our version of smartcoins.  In fact, "BitAssets" is just another interchangeable name for "smartcoins" which are very simple smart contracts.

Max Keiser wants everyone to get into crypto now, but not so that he can personally get rich.  He is already a multimillionaire.  He has been openly fighting the system for years now.  And when he got people into crypto last year, they called him a scammer (when they lost money) because all crypto is in a bear market.  All crypto except.....wait for it......

SMARTCOINS!

and do you know why they are called smart coins?

Because smart people like BM bought BitUSD last year, and have not lost a penny on their investment.  and smart people who bought Nubits last year have not lost a bit of their investment.  In fact, if you are smart and buy a "smartcoin" then you will never lose any money (whatever your base "smartasset" is) on your investment.

So now Max still wants people to get into crypto, but he cannot stand to see his fans lose 80% of their investment like they did last year when he was predicting $10,000 bitcoin prices.

So, no, this was not even a Freudian slip by Max Keiser who has been so sick of people calling him a scammer for getting them into bitcoin and Maxcoin last year, that he is now 100% fully aware of the "smartcoin (volatility-free) bitcoin option (what took you so long Max, you should have got smart last year, but that's beyond the point.  the good people here at BitShares are just glad to see that you finally caught up.  Nevermind the money that you could have saved your fans if you had informed them about BitUSD a year ago)" which is why his rehearsed promotional message was:

"bitcoin (the reserve cryptocurrency and crypto concept you must first comprehend), smartcoins (for those who understand bitcoin but don't want the volatility), and startjoin (for those who want to support entrepreneurs in the crypto space).

Again, Max is a pro, and his message is terse and effective.

bitcoin, smartcoins, startcoins

and if you understand these three concepts, then you, my friend, are well aware of the state of the art.

and everyone in the crypto community is fully aware of the myriad of places where you can purchase bitcoins and startcoins, but who here can tell me exactly where the best smartcoins in the world are sold at?

Or let me make it a little easier for you:

What blockchain has the worlds best smartcoins on it?

wait for it.................

BitShares - the best (fastest tradable and most counterparty-risk-free) smartcoins in the business
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:13:30 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Yes, this is why Smartcoins is a weak brand name :'(   He's obviously not referring to BitAssets in any way shape or form.

While 'Smartcoins' is a good descriptor, it is already a very generic term. Just in the last week...

http://www.coindesk.com/mirror-raises-8-8-million-bitcoin-smart-contracts-trading/
https://coinreport.net/symbiont-raises-1-25m-develop-smart-securities/

It's highly unlikely 'SmartCoins' will become specifically associated/bootstrapped with our price stable crypto-currencies and so is therefore probably weak to try use as the actual brand imo.

I suspect Smartcoins could soon be used to describe a wide range of offering from many competitors and seeing 'SmartCoins accepted here' will soon be as generic as 'BitAssets accepted here' - as in that could refer to BTS/BitReserve/BitGold etc.

If you were going to the change the brand I personally would have given our BitAssets a more individual and unique brand name.
If you want to take the island burn the boats