Author Topic: nice exposure today, Max Keiser on The Keiser Report mentions BitShares'  (Read 7963 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Max has been pushing his startjoin and startcoin thing for a long time now. When he said smartcoin it was a faux pas, that's all.

edit1: Him and I have emailed back and forth many many times- Trust me when I say, he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

edit2: Max is also heavily invested in BitPay and Bitcoin. He's the last guy you want to approach with a competing product like ours. It would be a total setup if he invited you onto his show.

@Ken, too bad ....i think it's much more illustrative and beneficial to the entire crypto community to view BTC and offshoots like BTS to be complementary/symbiotic, much more so than competing for a slice in a fixed pie. This is also why i keep harping on BTS working hard on its p2p asset market niche, rather than aiming to be the de facto blockchain for everything a blockchain can do.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.

This is incorrect.  Labour theory of value has been refuted over a hundred years ago. Things have value because people individually assign them value based on their subjective valuations of their perceived properties.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.

This is incorrect.  Labour theory of value has been refuted over a hundred years ago. Things have value because people individually assign them value based on their subjective valuations of their perceived properties.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
That real world asset has value, and so does the blockchain token (bitcoin and BitShares).

Bitcoin Lesson 1.0 = blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.  Only after you fully grasp that concept can you graduate and move on to Bitcoin Lesson 2.0 which is that you can use these tokens when trading collateral values on a blockchain.

Congratulations Mr. Keiser for graduating (no matter how long it finally took you to learn this technical lesson).  Now you can help your fans protect themselves financially, while they get into crypto.

+5% Nicely stated and a great way to explain SmartCoins to others.

Agreed, that was eloquent. +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Riverhead

That real world asset has value, and so does the blockchain token (bitcoin and BitShares).

Bitcoin Lesson 1.0 = blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.  Only after you fully grasp that concept can you graduate and move on to Bitcoin Lesson 2.0 which is that you can use these tokens when trading collateral values on a blockchain.

Congratulations Mr. Keiser for graduating (no matter how long it finally took you to learn this technical lesson).  Now you can help your fans protect themselves financially, while they get into crypto.

+5% Nicely stated and a great way to explain SmartCoins to others.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Nice bump Theman, I mean me.

The bottom line is that the Bitcoin1.0 crowd led by early visionaries like Max Keiser, are beginning to learn the science and benefit behind Bitcoin 2.0 beginning with price stable cryptos which is how we first made the leap.  It does not matter weather you  thought that they would take this long to grasp these difficult technical concepts or not.  They were smart enough to grasp Bitcoin1.0 concepts, so, just exactly how long did you think that it would take for them to figure out that you can use a blockchain token as collateral for a smart contract to stabilize a unit of vale (BitAsset or Smartcoin) relative to the value of a real world asset asset.

Well done sir.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:23:30 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Tuck Fheman

Oh, and one more thing....

wait for it....

I'm Fuck Theman

We would have played Erlich better.

For proof, just look how good we're doing running the @bytemaster account. Everyone still thinks that's Dan.  :P

Offline Riverhead

You guys here are waaaaaaay smarter than that globe-trotting bitcoin millionaire with his own show.

Being a Bitcoin millionaire is more comparable to a lottery winner than great investing foresight. However, the having his own show is impressive given the space. He is a great speaker and clearly understands what he is talking about.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
You guys here are waaaaaaay smarter than that globe-trotting bitcoin millionaire with his own show.

Indeed, we own Bitshares! :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Max is mostly just pumping his own coins I think.  First it was maxcoin, then startcoin.

OK, one more time for the hard of hearing, and then I'm done.

Max pumped bitcoin and Maxcoin at the peak and lost his fans tons of cash.

Now whenever he says "buy bitcoins everybody," he must (MUST)(or else he is at risk for getting sued for giving bad investment advice, like that awful -80% advice he gave a year ago) add the disclaimer:

"Buy bitcoins, smartcoins, etc.." because that way he can't be blamed for misleading people into an investment that loses 80% of its value (like he did last year).

Would you keep pumping an investment that just lost 80% when you could add a simple disclaimer, and keep pumping it and be guaranteed that you could never be called a scammer?

Because Max is smart, he can now pump bitcoin (with the smartcoin disclaimer) blindly, and for the rest of his life and never ever have to worry about being "wrong"

So if all I have to do to be "right" or "correct" forever is say "bitcoins, smartcoins, etc" instead of just "bitcoin" (when telling people what they should do with their money)(you try telling people what to do with their money and then you just might get it) then that is what I am going to do.  Max is smart because he knows how to mitigate risk to his reputation, which is key to the success of his show.

If you tell people to buy BitShares and the prices crashes 90% and everyone quits listening to you, then so what, you just change your name on the forum and come back babbling incoherently.  If Max tells people to buy bitcoin and it crashes 80% then he cannot just change the name of the Keiser Report.  he needs another option.  A disclaimer of sorts (if he is smart).

If you think that by Max saying "smartcoins" that this was anything but him understanding that he looked like a major asshole last year when he explicitly told his viewers to buy Maxcoin at 10x todays prices, then you obviously think that Max is proud of losing his fans 90% of their investment, and are therefore dumb.

Or maybe you are right, and Max is glad that he scammed people out of 90% of their investment, and he is so happy, he can no longer speak coherently on camera (which is why he said startcoins twice)

OK, you win.  Max Keiser is a great big scammer who is not only proud of losing his fans 90%, but he is much too stupid to comprehend the incredibly difficult concept of a "price stable cryptocurrency" (whaaaa?). 

Oh, and one more thing....

wait for it....

I'm Fuck Theman
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:19:25 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Max is mostly just pumping his own coins I think.  First it was maxcoin, then startcoin.

He also pumped LTC big back in the day

And he probably had some when he did it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

He also pumped LTC big back in the day
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Smartcoins are not a brand name, but a general type of coin, a "price stable bitcoin"

BitAssets are our version of smartcoins.  In fact, "BitAssets" is just another interchangeable name for "smartcoins" which are very simple smart contracts.

Max Keiser wants everyone to get into crypto now, but not so that he can personally get rich.  He is already a multimillionaire.  He has been openly fighting the system for years now.  And when he got people into crypto last year, they called him a scammer (when they lost money) because all crypto is in a bear market.  All crypto except.....wait for it......

SMARTCOINS!

and do you know why they are called smart coins?

Because smart people like BM bought BitUSD last year, and have not lost a penny on their investment.  and smart people who bought Nubits last year have not lost a bit of their investment.  In fact, if you are smart and buy a "smartcoin" then you will never lose any money (whatever your base "smartasset" is) on your investment.

So now Max still wants people to get into crypto, but he cannot stand to see his fans lose 80% of their investment like they did last year when he was predicting $10,000 bitcoin prices.

So, no, this was not even a Freudian slip by Max Keiser who has been so sick of people calling him a scammer for getting them into bitcoin and Maxcoin last year, that he is now 100% fully aware of the "smartcoin (volatility-free) bitcoin option (what took you so long Max, you should have got smart last year, but that's beyond the point.  the good people here at BitShares are just glad to see that you finally caught up.  Nevermind the money that you could have saved your fans if you had informed them about BitUSD a year ago)" which is why his rehearsed promotional message was:

"bitcoin (the reserve cryptocurrency and crypto concept you must first comprehend), smartcoins (for those who understand bitcoin but don't want the volatility), and startjoin (for those who want to support entrepreneurs in the crypto space).

Again, Max is a pro, and his message is terse and effective.

bitcoin, smartcoins, startcoins

and if you understand these three concepts, then you, my friend, are well aware of the state of the art.

and everyone in the crypto community is fully aware of the myriad of places where you can purchase bitcoins and startcoins, but who here can tell me exactly where the best smartcoins in the world are sold at?

Or let me make it a little easier for you:

What blockchain has the worlds best smartcoins on it?

wait for it.................

BitShares - the best (fastest tradable and most counterparty-risk-free) smartcoins in the business
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:13:30 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Yes, this is why Smartcoins is a weak brand name :'(   He's obviously not referring to BitAssets in any way shape or form.

While 'Smartcoins' is a good descriptor, it is already a very generic term. Just in the last week...

http://www.coindesk.com/mirror-raises-8-8-million-bitcoin-smart-contracts-trading/
https://coinreport.net/symbiont-raises-1-25m-develop-smart-securities/

It's highly unlikely 'SmartCoins' will become specifically associated/bootstrapped with our price stable crypto-currencies and so is therefore probably weak to try use as the actual brand imo.

I suspect Smartcoins could soon be used to describe a wide range of offering from many competitors and seeing 'SmartCoins accepted here' will soon be as generic as 'BitAssets accepted here' - as in that could refer to BTS/BitReserve/BitGold etc.

If you were going to the change the brand I personally would have given our BitAssets a more individual and unique brand name.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mint chocolate chip

Search result for "Smartcoin" on google: BitShares doesn't appear (on the front page, didn't bother checking the rest)
Search result for "Smartcoins" on google: BitShares appears in 4th if I'm not mistaken. Before, I get a noob pump and dump coin thread on bitcointalk called Smartcoin

we need to handle that if we want the term "Smartcoins" to be instantly associated with BitShares
Working on adding to that front page, the bitsharesblog is on the never seen page 2 right now.

For us to rank #1 for smartcoins and smartcoin we need those that can to link that term.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Yeah, we are not going to get to be the only "smartcoins" the same way that we are not going to be the only "bitgold" or "stablecoins" or "tethered NuBits", however, the Peercoin community, and Bitreserve, and Tether, and E-USD are all advertising the Bitcoin2.0 concept of "smartcoins" to people like Max Keiser (of course it wasn't us who got the message to him).  Although he is well aware of Bitcoin2.0 concepts.  Smart man.

It will take the world some time, however, to realize that 100,000 TPS is greater than 100

A smartcoin is simply a price stable bitcoin.  You don't have to be smart to understand this concept (but you do have to understand bitcoin)

The term "smartcoin" allows bitcoiners to comprehend simple smart contracts in the form of price stable bitcoins.  This "(price)stablecoin" or "smartcoin" is merely the key to comprehending the Bitcoin2.0 kingdom.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16980.msg217162.html#msg217162

In order to sell a product, you must first convince your audience that they need it.

Max is correct in assuming that the Greeks need smartcoins (and not volatile crypto blockchains that lose 80% of their purchasing power in 1 year)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:08:29 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Riverhead

Why?  A google search brings them right to the top?

The Cryptonomex name is great. It's the SmartCoins branding I'm not a huge fan of. Sorry, my post was not clear as to the context of my objection.

https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
We should be careful who we trust. Particularly those who say things we all want to hear

He promotes blockchain technology when most media outlets won't even mention it.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I'm thinking out loud here, and it's not related to this thread... But I wonder if Russ and Erlich are controlled by the same guy, and if that guy has another active and known account.

That's kind of weird if/when they all talk to each other in the same thread.

I assume everyone is an NSA sockpuppet until proven otherwise.
+5%
This is not paranoia and will only become a bigger issue as bts grows
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140224/17054826340/new-snowden-doc-reveals-how-gchqnsa-use-internet-to-manipulate-deceive-destroy-reputations.shtml

Max Keiser is a pro.  He knows exactly what he is doing.
I'm sure he does. It just may not be what his viewers think he's doing.
He (correctly) criticizes the BBC for propaganda whilst working for Putin's western media (RT).
We should be careful who we trust. Particularly those who say things we all want to hear
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Why?  A google search brings them right to the top?

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=cryptonomex&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Would you rather they change their name to "Muse"

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=cryptonomex&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#channel=fs&q=muse

Did you notice the :

What is the shortest most recognizable name that is not recognized by Google?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:58:56 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Riverhead

It also died shortly thereafter, correct?

Not sure as I don't follow this particular coin. I just Google'd Smartcoin because it seemed odd that it was mentioned.

What is more likely?  That Max told the Greeks to buy a $40,000 market cap crap coin?  Or that Max told the Greeks to buy BitDrachmas (the ones without the Kerpeles-style counterparty risk)?

Wait for it..................

Ya, I had never heard of bitDrachmas but I agree it's much more likely. Smartcoin is going to become, or already is, an overloaded word where it sometimes refers to a technology and other times to a specific brand or coin.

I really wish Cryptonomex had decided on a different name. Any name. I'm sure, "Google" sounded absurd when it was first proposed but it stands out a lot better than Searchsite (tm).

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

Not sure as I don't follow this particular coin. I just Google'd Smartcoin because it seemed odd that it was mentioned.

What is more likely?  That Max just told the Greeks today to go out and buy a $40,000 market cap crap coin?  Or that Max just told the Greek mother with 3 kids to put her money into a crypto that lost 80% of its value last year (bitcoin)?

seriously?  You think that Max is that stupid?

Or do you think that Max told the Greeks to buy BitDrachmas, or BitGold, or NuBits, or some other non-confiscatable or bank bail-in-able crypto smartcoin (the ones without the Kerpeles-style counterparty risk)(or bitcoin style price volatility that has been keeping the globe from adopting it for how long now?) that they can store their private key in and travel across the boarder before the concentration camps set in ?

Wait for it..................

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:05:41 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Riverhead

Not sure as I don't follow this particular coin. I just Google'd Smartcoin because it seemed odd that it was mentioned yet I felt unlikely it was referring to the unreleased Graphene project.

They have a shiny new website and the git for that site has updates less than a month old. The source code seems to be unchanged for nearly a year though. It's still being traded and the block explorers are still live. Other than that they could be dead and just on mining life support from switching pools.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

There is even less of a chance that he is promoting SMT (the bitcoin clone) after the failure of Maxcoin to crack the top 20.

Of course he is not promoting BitUSD, he is promoting Nubits and Tether, but after the BitShares2.0 launch, he will learn which smartcoin has the least counterparty risk of them all.  Our dear friend is learning, so give him credit.  I know it is a much slower pace than you would like, but seriously give the man come credit, his brain is old, he is already rich, he is crazy busy, he is constantly distracted by the Hot Herbert, and if you did as many drugs as him, I doubt you'd even... what were we just talking about?

Max obviously has been reading the crypto news, and knows what smartcoins are.  I just wonder how long it will take him to figure out which smartcoins are scalable to Wall Street's current trading demands (fast and furious).  Keiser is no idiot, and neither are the traders in Manhattan.

I'm thinking out loud here, and it's not related to this thread... But I wonder if Russ and Erlich are controlled by the same guy.

Who the chuck are you?

I'll bet 1,000,000 BTC that Rus and I are not the same person (good luck sourcing 1M BTS)

Moderators can be the judges (since they know the answer).

ha ha ...  you suck Chuck
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:02:41 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Tuck Fheman

I'm thinking out loud here, and it's not related to this thread... But I wonder if Russ and Erlich are controlled by the same guy, and if that guy has another active and known account.

I assume everyone is an NSA sockpuppet until proven otherwise.

Offline Riverhead

Tuck Fheman

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Later in the same video, Max interviewed the actual central human counterparty that you must risk your money with when you purchase Bitreserve brand Bitgold (a "dumbcoin" for lack of a better term)(no offense):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=18m14s

Don't you think that Max will now want to interview a human who can inform the Greeks about a counterparty risk free on-blockchain "actual Bitgold smartcoin"?

Max is no dummy.  He comprehended bitcoin pretty quick and became the greater fool (that you wish you were) immediately, do you think that he is too stupid to understand smart contracts?

He owns BitShares anyway because I heard Stacey mention Protoshares years back, and Max is always talking about being diversified in crypto.  I bet dollars to doughnuts that he is already a BTS whale.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:54:31 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Max has been pushing his startjoin and startcoin thing for a long time now. When he said smartcoin it was a faux pas, that's all.
Him and I have emailed back and forth many many times- Trust me when I say, he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

Awwww Drachma.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

edit1: Him and I have emailed back and forth many many times- Trust me when I say, he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

edit2: Max is also heavily invested in BitPay and Bitcoin. He's the last guy you want to approach with a competing product like ours. It would be a total setup if he invited you onto his show.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:08:31 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Search result for "Smartcoin" on google: BitShares doesn't appear (on the front page, didn't bother checking the rest)
Search result for "Smartcoins" on google: BitShares appears in 4th if I'm not mistaken. Before, I get a noob pump and dump coin thread on bitcointalk called Smartcoin

we need to handle that if we want the term "Smartcoins" to be instantly associated with BitShares

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

In any case, they're all pertinent in their own way, and they're entertaining!

Keep it up  ;)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

"smartcoins"

and urges Greece to get into them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=4m16s

When the 100,000 TPS blockchain is trading smartcoins faster than Wall St, Max K will want to interview Max W, or Ken C, or Method X, or Stan L, or anybody who can explain to him what he just told the Greeks to buy.

Nice.. I guess it's first come first interviewed. :)

Nice... Headlines read.. New SmartCoins Saves Dumb Old Drachma Coins.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
FU FTM

Now everybody is going to think that this is pure sarcasm!

Tuck Fheman

I think he was saying startcoin, the projects he's  been pumping. Or at least meant to say.

At first I assumed it was an error trying to say Startcoin as well, I thought going in that Erlich probably misheard.

But after watching, it is my professional video analyzer opinion that he's saying Smartcoin intentionally and separately as two different items.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Correct, and what is it that we specialize in here at BitShares?

We just happen to sell the world's greatest (most counterparty-risk-free) smartcoins.

and for a small fee, I would be happy to personally interview Stacy Herbert for the good (very good) of the company.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:48:11 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline puptothekit

• View Profile
I think he was saying startcoin, the projects he's  been pumping. Or at least meant to say.

Listen to it again.  He listed Bitcoin, SmartCoins, StartCOIN, Gold and Silver. 

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I distinctly heard "smart"coin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=4m20s

It's all there at 4:20

Max Keiser is a pro.  He knows exactly what he is doing.  Why would he say "start coin" twice without saying "smart coin, whoops I mean start coin"?

He is trying to save the Greek people from financial ruin, and his producers have forbid him from pumping the very volatile bitcoin alone, without adding the disclaimer ("smartcoins" like BitUSD/Nubits) just in cast bitcoin loses another 80% while BitUSD/Nubits loses 0% like it did last time he pumped bitcoin (alone, without the "smartcoin" disclaimer).

I suppose that you think that he "also coincidently" mentions this at exactly 4:20 for no particular reason at all?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:47:00 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Pheonike

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
He is far too valuable to be wasted on marketing.

What would you rather have :

A decent Max Keiser pump or another order of magnitude scalability upgrade.

Keep him focussed on code.

The product is obviously selling itself.

Woz never marketed.  It was beneath him.

Plus we don't want BM to get BR'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlwwVuSUUfc#t=37s

Keiser will just want to BR BM just like Adam Levine did the other day.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:37:30 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Woho .. I wonder about your list of interview partners .. where is BM?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
"smartcoins"

On today's Keiser report, Max "urges people in Greece to convert their savings, what they have left, into smartcoins"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=4m16s

When the 100,000 TPS blockchain is trading smartcoins (aka BitAssets or price stable cryptos) faster than Wall St trades stocks, then Max K will want to interview Max W, or Ken C, or Method X, or Stan L, or anybody who can explain to him what he just told the Greeks to buy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:42:53 pm by Erlich Bachman »