Author Topic: nice exposure today, Max Keiser on The Keiser Report mentions BitShares'  (Read 7958 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Max has been pushing his startjoin and startcoin thing for a long time now. When he said smartcoin it was a faux pas, that's all.
Him and I have emailed back and forth many many times- Trust me when I say, he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

Awwww Drachma.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Max has been pushing his startjoin and startcoin thing for a long time now. When he said smartcoin it was a faux pas, that's all.

edit1: Him and I have emailed back and forth many many times- Trust me when I say, he has no intention of promoting our Smartcoins.

edit2: Max is also heavily invested in BitPay and Bitcoin. He's the last guy you want to approach with a competing product like ours. It would be a total setup if he invited you onto his show.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:08:31 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Search result for "Smartcoin" on google: BitShares doesn't appear (on the front page, didn't bother checking the rest)
Search result for "Smartcoins" on google: BitShares appears in 4th if I'm not mistaken. Before, I get a noob pump and dump coin thread on bitcointalk called Smartcoin

we need to handle that if we want the term "Smartcoins" to be instantly associated with BitShares
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I'm thinking out loud here, and it's not related to this thread... But I wonder if Russ and Erlich are controlled by the same guy, and if that guy has another active and known account.

That's kind of weird if/when they all talk to each other in the same thread.

In any case, they're all pertinent in their own way, and they're entertaining!

Keep it up  ;)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

"smartcoins"

and urges Greece to get into them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=4m16s

When the 100,000 TPS blockchain is trading smartcoins faster than Wall St, Max K will want to interview Max W, or Ken C, or Method X, or Stan L, or anybody who can explain to him what he just told the Greeks to buy.

Nice.. I guess it's first come first interviewed. :)

Nice... Headlines read.. New SmartCoins Saves Dumb Old Drachma Coins.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
FU FTM

Now everybody is going to think that this is pure sarcasm!
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Tuck Fheman

I think he was saying startcoin, the projects he's  been pumping. Or at least meant to say.

At first I assumed it was an error trying to say Startcoin as well, I thought going in that Erlich probably misheard.

But after watching, it is my professional video analyzer opinion that he's saying Smartcoin intentionally and separately as two different items.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Correct, and what is it that we specialize in here at BitShares?

We just happen to sell the world's greatest (most counterparty-risk-free) smartcoins.

and for a small fee, I would be happy to personally interview Stacy Herbert for the good (very good) of the company.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:48:11 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline puptothekit

• View Profile
I think he was saying startcoin, the projects he's  been pumping. Or at least meant to say.

Listen to it again.  He listed Bitcoin, SmartCoins, StartCOIN, Gold and Silver. 

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I distinctly heard "smart"coin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=4m20s

It's all there at 4:20

Max Keiser is a pro.  He knows exactly what he is doing.  Why would he say "start coin" twice without saying "smart coin, whoops I mean start coin"?

He is trying to save the Greek people from financial ruin, and his producers have forbid him from pumping the very volatile bitcoin alone, without adding the disclaimer ("smartcoins" like BitUSD/Nubits) just in cast bitcoin loses another 80% while BitUSD/Nubits loses 0% like it did last time he pumped bitcoin (alone, without the "smartcoin" disclaimer).

I suppose that you think that he "also coincidently" mentions this at exactly 4:20 for no particular reason at all?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:47:00 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline Pheonike

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
He is far too valuable to be wasted on marketing.

What would you rather have :

A decent Max Keiser pump or another order of magnitude scalability upgrade.

Keep him focussed on code.

The product is obviously selling itself.

Woz never marketed.  It was beneath him.

Plus we don't want BM to get BR'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlwwVuSUUfc#t=37s

Keiser will just want to BR BM just like Adam Levine did the other day.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:37:30 pm by Erlich Bachman »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Woho .. I wonder about your list of interview partners .. where is BM?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
"smartcoins"

On today's Keiser report, Max "urges people in Greece to convert their savings, what they have left, into smartcoins"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU_dsXTsxM#t=4m16s

When the 100,000 TPS blockchain is trading smartcoins (aka BitAssets or price stable cryptos) faster than Wall St trades stocks, then Max K will want to interview Max W, or Ken C, or Method X, or Stan L, or anybody who can explain to him what he just told the Greeks to buy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:42:53 pm by Erlich Bachman »