Author Topic: Voting procedures  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Thom

The hierarchy would be General Discussion--> BitShares 2.0--> Procedures & Policies <various topics>

Make sense?

I think you should open a meta thread.

My reason against sticky: there are too many again and it's too easy to miss news. this thread is important, and users should see activity (by jumping on top).
Another Sub: do we really need another childboard for one thread?

Not one thread. Didn't you read my description? Just off the top of my head I came up with several.

I proposed another child board under BitShares 2.0 b/c that is the logical place for it. If people don't understand hierarchy how the hell do they navigate a filesystem? If they're too complacent or lazy to click down another level perhaps they don't have much worthwhile to contribute anyway. Would it be helpful to relocate the BitShares 2.0 child board up one level?

The main point is this: even before 2.0 this forum was a sprawling octopus without mods taking care of posts the way fav has been doing recently. The structure isn't that bad but people don't bother to post in the most appropriate place, and the longtime heros don't discourage misplaced posts so it has gotten out of control. The culture here (until recently) has been post whatever where ever.

We need more focus and better organization. This place is chaotic enough for people who have been here awhile, but a nightmare for noobs. We do need Best Practices, and a clean slate for 2.0, starting with a forum that is organized to focus topics and discussion with a goal to resolve as many issues as can be identified before 2.0 launches.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline vikram

The hierarchy would be General Discussion--> BitShares 2.0--> Procedures & Policies <various topics>

Make sense?

My reason against sticky: there are too many again and it's too easy to miss news. this thread is important, and users should see activity (by jumping on top).

I'm not the best person to answer the questions on voting but I agree we already have too many subforums. Most people only go into General Discussion. Important sections like Stakeholder Proposals, Delegates, and Questions & Concerns are somewhat ignored. I've consolidated many of the smaller subs recently but we might want to take it farther.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Make sense?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Even though the community canf enforce everything I still thing we should havr something like "best-practice" or BIPs ...
E.g. there are alot of thing they can and should have a proper "format" ..

Offline bobmaloney

Thanks Cass!

I guess I wasn't very clear in my request. What I had in mind was a child board with a name like "Procedures & Policies", and under it would be topics like "Voting Procedures", "Minimum Delegate Requirements", "How to Make a Worker Proposal" ...

Make sense?
Plus 5
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Thom

Thanks Cass!

I guess I wasn't very clear in my request. What I had in mind was a child board with a name like "Procedures & Policies", and under it would be topics like "Voting Procedures", "Minimum Delegate Requirements", "How to Make a Worker Proposal" ...

Make sense?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Thom

mh... not too sure about the sticky. moving this to bitshares 2.0

What's the problem with creating a sticky for procedural / policy related topics? With so many things being discussed here, we need some form of organization to keep track of things.

The forum is not the best tool for that, but before we get all formal about it (github is probably the best public tool for tracking specific issues) we need to organize our discussions.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
With Bitshares 2.0 the technical aspects of voting seemed to be mostly ironed out, ...
bitshares.org does not seem to have much of a description of the mechanics of this - is there a more informative and descriptive source?

@vikram @bytemaster ?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
With Bitshares 2.0 the technical aspects of voting seemed to be mostly ironed out, ...
bitshares.org does not seem to have much of a description of the mechanics of this - is there a more informative and descriptive source?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
mh... not too sure about the sticky. moving this to bitshares 2.0

Offline Thom

Glad to see others starting to see there are many details such as these that need to be ironed out and discussed.

I much prefer to get as much of this out on the table as early as possible rather than wait until the last minute.

The good news is deployment is more than a month away. The bad news is we don't know how much longer than 30 days it will be, or the scope of details like this we need to address.

There needs to be a central place here on the forum for things like this, probably under general discussion-->BitShares 2.0. I think we need a sticky for "Migration & Procedural Issues" or something like that, then perhaps fav can be on the lookout for such issues & move them under there. I know there are quite a number of them, as I myself have raised several.

Offline Pheonike

With Bitshares 2.0 the technical aspects of voting seemed to be mostly ironed out, but now we need to start focusing on the procedural aspects of voting. I list a few below but i'm sure there are more.

How will proposals be introduced?
What is the time frame for voting?
Will there be regular scheduled events or adhoc?
What is the threshold for an adhoc event?
Are these parameters that can set on the blockchain or outside?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:04:54 pm by Thom »